Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events & Happenings (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum21/)
-   -   Mid-America Truck Show, Louisville, KY (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/575090-mid-america-truck-show-louisville-ky.html)

MuddyAxles 02-01-2007 04:33 PM

Mid-America Truck Show, Louisville, KY

Just wondering if anyone is planning to attend the MATS in Louisville in March '07? We went in '04 & '05 and enjoyed it, will be there this year. I used to drive big truck and miss it sometimes. Now I drive a big/little van.

Anyhow, let's have a short G2G out there, hang out for a bit, grab lunch or a drink together. Maybe we can make it an annual G2G of FTE :-X25 under the guise of MATS!

See you there sometime during March 22, 23, or 24, 2007.

"MuddyAxles"

hombre292 02-25-2007 09:12 PM

Question on Show

Has anyone got the details on the Mid America Truck Show in Louisville in March? I would like to make it........... Thanks.

hombre292

dean307 02-28-2007 02:47 PM

Yeah I am interested in some details...

Ohiostomper 03-03-2007 11:21 PM

I'll be there on Saturday. www.truckingshow.com
We spent two days there last year and still didn't see everything. The feet just can't take it again this year.

2020 03-04-2007 07:18 AM

Ohiostomper,I'm in Southern Ohio too.I've worked for Kenworth for 18 yrs. and haven't been to the truck show yet.I'd like to go some one of these days,it's probably a pretty cool show.

Ohiostomper 03-04-2007 06:15 PM

2020, I live in Lucasville... about a half hour south of the Kenworth in Chili Bowl. I haul car parts out of Brown Corp in Waverly every evening. I have a lot of friends and family that work with you.
You should really go check that show out one of these days. Kenworth has one heck of a setup, as do all the manufacturers. You can leave there with enough ink pens to do you a lifetime. I have a pretty extensive collection of hat pins and other goodies that you can collect. Not to mention the wealth of knowledge that you can get by spending some time there. Also there is a sweet truck show outside. Some of the most beautiful rides on the road. The hottest one I ever saw was an old cabover freightliner that had all the paint taken off the aluminum cab was all polished to a mirror finish. That thing was sharp.
And don't forget that they have a concert every evening. Last year we saw Nickelback. Alabama the year before. This year Big & Rich is there on Friday, but they haven't announce the Saturday show yet. Plus, just a few miles away in Indiana you can spend the eveings at the Bass Pro Shop. It is a great trip. Now I am excited about going soon :).

Autoglass 03-24-2007 05:28 PM

I went there today! Wished I'd known! I took photos but they're too big to post!

Indy_Gearhead71 03-24-2007 07:37 PM

I wish I'd have paid attention, I'd have definitely gone down. Hell I'd have made a shirt, just to stand out.. FTE SNL club member # 17.

Autoglass 03-24-2007 08:14 PM

Like I said,,,
Took photos, But They're TOO BIG!
420kb - 500kb shot them in 1 megapixel too!

LxMan1 03-25-2007 08:53 AM

I'm working all weekend this year, so I can't make it. It's only 10 minutes from the house :(

Autoglass 03-25-2007 09:43 AM

Let me just say this,,, I walked till my feet were killing me! I layed down to sleep after some time on here last night, Felt like the old Alka Seltzer commercial,,,
"PLOP PLOP, FIZZ FIZZ, OH WHAT A RELIEF IT IS!"
Took over 70 photos at 1 megapixel and they're still too big to post here.
420kb - 500kb 's.

MuddyAxles 03-25-2007 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Autoglass
Like I said,,,
Took photos, But They're TOO BIG!
420kb - 500kb shot them in 1 megapixel too!

You should be able to downsize them.

MuddyAxles 03-25-2007 09:12 PM

I sincerely apologize!!

Today is the first time I have received any notification that anyone had posted to this thread...and I have been looking...just not at the actual thread.

We could have gotten together and at least taken a picture, shared a meal, something!:-bigparty :-bigparty

It was a very good time and I think we should see if there is some way to arrange representation there next year....a hospitality trailer, booth, something.

We were there Thurs. and Fri., didn't go Saturday.

I am behind the times with a "film camera", but will post up what I have when developed and scanned in the NY Forum, maybe here too.

Dave

P.S. Next year we will HAVE to get together. Look for a revival of this post...If you don't see it by Feb 1st, say something!!!!:-down

And I believe it will be bigger and better next year if the construction going on there is any predictor for '08.

MuddyAxles 03-25-2007 09:34 PM

You'd be impressed!

Originally Posted by 2020
Ohiostomper,I'm in Southern Ohio too.I've worked for Kenworth for 18 yrs. and haven't been to the truck show yet.I'd like to go some one of these days,it's probably a pretty cool show.

You really do have to take the time. Your boss ought to send you there free!

My wife ended up not going but our younger son decided to take her place at the last minute when there wasn't much work last week. He's a journeyman carpenter and basically just went to spend some time with his Dad. HE's planning to go next year.

There is so much more than just trucks:

there are:
tools, equipment, accessories (that can go on ANY truck), tires, trailers big and small, service truck bodies, load control and covering systems, fasteners, sound systems, music cd's, lights and lighting accessories, and on and on and on. My son found some tools he would have wanted to buy that were offered at a huge savings compared to what the same would cost at home (Milwaukee metal cutting saw). When he told his boss about them he said he should have picked up several and he would have reimbursed him for them. So maybe the boss will subsidize his trip next year (as if...he's a cheap pup most times). I bought a 12v electric greease gun (that we will share) that will be very handy to have around. YOU WILL find something there of particular interest to you for your job, your hobby, or home shop, I guarantee you.

Let's make it an FTE :-bigparty in 2008!!!

Autoglass 03-26-2007 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by MuddyAxles
We could have gotten together and at least taken a picture, shared a meal, something!

Not at those prices!!!
Hot dog PLAIN! $2.25
Hot Link $2.75
Small drink $2.00
Beer $3.00 small
Beer $4.00 medium No Large!
ANY COMBO MEAL
$7.50 !

I spent $20.00 alone for not much in my opinion!