Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   2007 Cruises & Car/Trucks shows in and around Delaware (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/562851-2007-cruises-and-car-trucks-shows-in-and-around-delaware.html)

glruff 12-30-2006 10:23 PM

2007 Cruises & Car/Trucks shows in and around Delaware

A recommendation from Dennis is to use already scheduled events, by various organizations, to meet, greet and become acquainted with other members of the Chapter. This is a great idea since it takes very little of our own resources.

Two links provide by Dennis are:

,,,,,HubCapCafe.Com , a classic car resource of shows, and

,,,,,Delaware car shows at CarShowsToday.Com , a listing of car shows in Delaware.

You probably have other links, if so post in this thread.

If it interests you, then it will probably interest other Chapter members.

When you see something, send a pm, email, post a new topic, do whatever it takes to bring it to the members attention. We can probably meet, informally, several times in 2007. If more than one of us can attend, then it will be considered a success.

glruff 12-30-2006 10:33 PM

One suggestion I have is the annual World Championship Punkin Chunkin contest held annually in lower, slower Delaware. The 2007 chunk is scheduled to be held at its new home near Bridgeville. Here is a link to the Official World Championship Punkin Chunkin website.

The 2007 chunk is scheduled for November 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. This event raises thousands of dollars for charity each year.

This may also provide an excellent time to meet with our Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersery, and eastern shore Virginia Chapters. Of Course other Chapters would be welcome to attend.

If asked, FTE may be willing to provide some sponsorship for this meeting.

Anyone interested in this event, post up, pm or email me. This will require a committee to organize something other than a regular G2G.

glruff 12-30-2006 10:38 PM

Other annual events include Laurel's 4th of July celebration.

Bridgeville's Apple Scrapple Festival.

Both events have car/truck shows competing for trophies.

What do you have in your community?

dlr71 12-31-2006 12:11 AM

Blades Volunteer Fire Company Annual Car Show
Tenative date is September 16, 2007
Many different classes for trophy's
Trophy's given to youngest and oldest driver
Trophy given for longest distance traveled

I will post more information when date is confirmed!

glruff 01-01-2007 11:02 AM

Hey Kent and New Castle County members, where are the car/truck shows in your neck of the state?

DoubleJ73 01-09-2007 08:49 AM

More for the classic car/street rod scene, but Fox Run shopping center in Bear and the K-Mart in Pike Creek near Goldy Beacom College have pretty good turn-outs. I can't remeber the names of the clubs that put them on right now, but I will post back when I find out.

Also, the Road Knights in Salem County, NJ do a couple of nice runs - one at Riverview Beach Park in Pennsville and one at Rainbow's End Airport, located in Salem, I believe. These two spots are only 5 to 10 minutes from the Delaware bridge.

Just a suggestion.

J.J.

savage2211 01-09-2007 09:35 AM

The car club Del Rods have a show the 1st and 3rd sat in dover in the warmer months. This in anouther Great Idea GLruff ...That why your #1

glruff 01-09-2007 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by dlr71

David that is an excellent idea keep us posted.

How about volunteering to be the G2G coordinator for Sussex County, and no is not an option?

Your big brother.http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing22.gif

glruff 01-09-2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleJ73
More for the classic car/street rod scene, but Fox Run shopping center in Bear and the K-Mart in Pike Creek near Goldy Beacom College have pretty good turn-outs. I can't remeber the names of the clubs that put them on right now, but I will post back when I find out.

Also, the Road Knights in Salem County, NJ do a couple of nice runs - one at Riverview Beach Park in Pennsville and one at Rainbow's End Airport, located in Salem, I believe. These two spots are only 5 to 10 minutes from the Delaware bridge.

Just a suggestion.

J.J.

J.J. great ideas, keep us posted as to dates and times when you find out more.

How about serving as the G2G events coordinator from New Castle County, and I as I told dlr71 no is not an option?http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing02.gif

glruff 01-09-2007 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by savage2211
The car club Del Rods have a show the 1st and 3rd sat in dover in the warmer months. This in anouther Great Idea GLruff ...That why your #1

Barry I knew you would come thru again. Those are good suggestions.

And......Here it comes....How about serving as the events coordinator from Kent County, and to repeat myself, no is not an option?
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing25.gif

dlr71 01-09-2007 03:00 PM

Did I vote for you?????????????????haha

dlr71 01-09-2007 03:30 PM

2007 Cruises & Car/Trucks shows in and around Delaware

Just a few more listing's of upcoming Car and Truck Shows in Western Sussex

May 26, 2007 Town and Country Fair, Seaford, DE
Sponsored by the Historical Vintage Car Club of Delaware Car Show

July 12-14, 2007 13th Annual Nanticoke Riverfest, Seaford, DE
Saturday Car Show, plenty of cars, trucks and food
(Plenty of FORDS)

October 13, 2007 15th Annual Apple-Scrapple Festival, Bridgeville, DE
Saturday Car Show, large turnout of all classes.
(Plenty of FORDS)

These are tenative dates based on 2006 schedule for annual events, contact Greater Seaford Chamber of Commerce website: http://www.seafordchamber.com

glruff 01-20-2007 09:13 PM

Danlee is working on something with the Delrods Cruise Night for late May or early June. Danlee will post details when available.

dlr71 01-20-2007 10:33 PM

For those that are interested the confirmed date will be September 16, 2007

dlr71http://campaigns.ford-trucks.net/for...ons/icon10.gif

danlee 01-21-2007 06:42 PM

The Del Rods Cruise is the 2nd and Last Saturday of the month from April through October. They also have a couple of car shows, including the Dover Air Force Base Museum in July.

Here is a link to the Del Rods website. It is not up to date at this time, but it will be when I get it updated.

www.delrods.com

savage2211 01-21-2007 06:48 PM

It starts at 6 pm doesn't it dan?

danlee 01-21-2007 07:07 PM

It starts at 6 pm doesn't it dan?

It is usually 5 PM until 9 PM, but some Cruises in early April and Late October are 4 PM until 8 PM. That information is posted on the website.

I need to update the show dates, when they are finalized. There are a
couple of dates up in the air as of the last meeting.

Delrods also publishes a master schedule of all know car & truck events in the area. That piece needs to be put together.

savage2211 01-21-2007 07:14 PM

Thanks for the Info dan..You dont think anyone will get upset when all of these trucks show up do ya...LOL =)

dlr71 01-21-2007 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by danlee
It is usually 5 PM until 9 PM, but some Cruises in early April and Late October are 4 PM until 8 PM. That information is posted on the website.

I need to update the show dates, when they are finalized. There are a
couple of dates up in the air as of the last meeting.

Delrods also publishes a master schedule of all know car & truck events in the area. That piece needs to be put together.

Nice looking web site, be back later to look at it,

does it have room to post other events and shows

dlr71

savage2211 01-21-2007 07:17 PM

Sorry about my last post...smiley malfunction..=) ok all fixed..

danlee 01-21-2007 07:28 PM

Nice looking web site, be back later to look at it,

does it have room to post other events and shows

dlr71

Yes, every year we publish a master schedule of all events in the area that we know about. That is being worked on. I am sure that I can get any FTE events inserted.

dawgs150 01-24-2007 11:06 PM

winner ford in dover usually has 2 shows annually put on by the lower delaware mustang club..spring show usually in late april early may..fall show seems to always fall on opening sunday in the nfl...used to be an all ford show i heard the fall show last year was open to all makes and models

savage2211 01-25-2007 05:59 AM

Thanks for the input man,mabie we can do something at the shows

dawgs150 01-27-2007 10:24 PM

i have done quite a few of the del rods shows and cruise nights...it would be cool for a group of us to get together at some of these...it makes it a lot more fun..

savage2211 01-27-2007 10:53 PM

I'm IN! I have been to a few also. Would be nice to have more ford trucks there...

danlee 01-28-2007 06:23 AM

I am a Del Rods member. At the next meeting, I am going to ask if they want to have an FTE night. They would just set aside on night on there calendar and invite FTE. It would be in May or June.

Of course the cruise nights are open to everyone, so we don't need a special invite.

SCRWDRVR 01-28-2007 07:54 AM

I've showed my truck at several of DelRods shows but I've never been to one of there cruise nights. The show at Winner Ford Lew was talking about is a good show, one of my favorites. I hoping they didnt mess it up by changing it.

glruff 02-08-2007 07:05 PM

Anything on the websites in Post #1 we should be looking to do?

dlr71 02-08-2007 07:53 PM

UPDATES AND NEW LISTING FOR CAR AND TRUCK SHOWS IN SUSSEX COUNTY

May 26, 2007 Town and Country Fair, Seaford, DE
Sponsored by the Historical Vintage Car Club of Delaware Car Show

July 12-14, 2007 13th Annual Nanticoke Riverfest, Seaford, DE
Saturday Car Show, plenty of cars, trucks and food
(Plenty of FORDS )

Big Thursday Festival Car & Truck Show Millsboro Ford
August 10th and 11th (tentative)
Cupola Park, Millsboro
For information call 302-934-6777

September 16, 2007

October 13, 2007 15th Annual Apple-Scrapple Festival, Bridgeville, DE
Saturday Car Show, large turnout of all classes.
(Plenty of FORDS )

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW!
dlr71

Pendor 02-09-2007 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by bd4martin
I've showed my truck at several of DelRods shows but I've never been to one of there cruise nights. The show at Winner Ford Lew was talking about is a good show, one of my favorites. I hoping they didnt mess it up by changing it.

I can ask the Marketing Manager of Winner if there are plans to still have Car & Truck Shows at any of the Dealerships soon.

If the answer is yes, I'll push for a Truck Show. :)

Pendor 02-09-2007 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by dawgs150
winner ford in dover usually has 2 shows annually put on by the lower delaware mustang club..spring show usually in late april early may..fall show seems to always fall on opening sunday in the nfl...used to be an all ford show i heard the fall show last year was open to all makes and models

Just sent an e-mail to the General Manager of the Winner Ford Dover Complex about Car Shows/Cruise Nights.

I'll let you know how the dialog goes with it.

dawgs150 02-17-2007 05:39 AM

No exact date yet, but there is a Truck accessory shop in Dover that wants to have a "show" to advertise his business...i was talking some new mods with him yesterday and he mentioned he would love for all of us to come out...i dont think it will be a show in a sense of trophies and stuff more of an open house type thing for his shop...free grilled dogs and maybe some raffles and door prizes...he mentioned early april but hes not exactly sure of a date yet..i will keep in touch and let you allknow once i know something

dlr71 02-17-2007 03:11 PM

Lew dawgs150,
wheres his shop located in dover

dlr71

dawgs150 02-17-2007 05:58 PM

he is on horsepond road right off south little creek road...i drive by there going to work each day so i will get the actual name and street addy

glruff 02-24-2007 10:37 PM

Dewey Beach,
Delaware June 9, 2007
HOOPLA! Rockin' Rides, Classic and Antique Car Show
Event Hours: Cruise 11am-4pm; Show: Noon -4pm
Event Location name and/or address. The Rusty Rudder; Dickinson St & the Bay; Dewey Beach

Live Broadcast by Classic Rock 98.5; DJ; Contests and prizes; Category trophies awarded; "Best Overall" car wins $1,000.00

Event Fees: $25.00 before June 7th; $30.00 after

Contact Phone or Email or Website: 302-227-2233 ext.11; elizabeth@beach-fun.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dover,
Delaware June 16, 2007
25th Annual First State Meet Antique Car Show by HVCC OF DE
Hours: 9:00A.M. to 3:30P.M.
Brief Description: Dash plaques to the first 100 cars.

Fee: $12.00 Registration

Contact Ed Barnes 302-284-0160

dawgs150 02-24-2007 10:39 PM

im not sure if these are the same ones but there are several antique car shows that dont allow newer year vehicles...

glruff 02-24-2007 10:45 PM

Wilmington,
Delaware
October 5 - 7 - 2007
Delaware Auto Show
Full blown auto show with compete line of autos, sneak peek at '08 models, vintage, classics, tuners, and complete line of aftermarket products and services.

Event Hours - Friday, Black Tie Sneak Peek Gala 6:30 - 11:00, Saturday and Sunday - Open to the public 10:00 am - 8:00 pm (Saturday) 10:00 am - 6:00 pm (Sunday)

Event Fees - Show Car - Negotiable / Aftermarket Service or Products, booth - Vendor fee of $1350
Contact jb braun, 302-324-2558 - jbraun@delawareonline.com - website www.delawareonline.com/das

glruff 02-24-2007 10:51 PM

08/11/2007 Super Street Car & Bike Show

Location : Dover Air Force Base Museum Dover DE 19901 302-677-3246 302-677-2291

www.doverafbservices.com

xan.salas@dover.af.mil

Additional Info :

FREE entrance to exhibit/ display car and bikes. Show runs from 11-3:00pm at AMC Museum.

Open to the public.

We are looking for car & bike clubs to participate, vendors to show their merchandise, food vendors, etc..

Trophies, giveaways and cash prices will awarded. The event will host live entertainment, dealer displays, food, pinewood derby race, and many demonstrations.

Cars will be displayed among the most elite military aircraft from yesteryear to today.

This event is to improve the morale of our military families and to support the troops.

All makes models and years are welcome.

Come out and show your support for our troops and for America!

dawgs150 02-25-2007 06:50 AM

guys i am thinking we should try to do this one....not only would it be great support for the troops and their families, it also would be great exposure and possibly some great photo ops with the museum planes..

Originally Posted by glruff
08/11/2007 Super Street Car & Bike Show

Location : Dover Air Force Base Museum Dover DE 19901 302-677-3246 302-677-2291

www.doverafbservices.com

xan.salas@dover.af.mil

Additional Info :

FREE entrance to exhibit/ display car and bikes. Show runs from 11-3:00pm at AMC Museum.

Open to the public.

We are looking for car & bike clubs to participate, vendors to show their merchandise, food vendors, etc..

Trophies, giveaways and cash prices will awarded. The event will host live entertainment, dealer displays, food, pinewood derby race, and many demonstrations.

Cars will be displayed among the most elite military aircraft from yesteryear to today.

This event is to improve the morale of our military families and to support the troops.

All makes models and years are welcome.

Come out and show your support for our troops and for America!

glruff 02-25-2007 08:08 AM

http://www.occarshow.com/template/frontvideo.gif

http://www.occarshow.com/html.asp