Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   Processor Plans (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/558560-processor-plans.html)

fabmandelux 12-17-2006 06:58 PM

Processor Plans

Sorry for the wait guys. My partner and long time friend went into the hospital on Tuesday. His cancer is back, and the docs told me Thu that he only has about 3 months left.................Things are up in the air right now, and I've been spending a lot of time with him. Will really try and get the plans finished this week. Thanks for your support.

ckal704 12-17-2006 08:43 PM

Fab-

Sorry to hear about your friend. I am glad for him that he has someone like you to be with him during the next few months.

superpony18 12-17-2006 09:58 PM

Friends first, no worries. Best wishes to him and his family.

Rushmore X 12-19-2006 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by superpony18
Friends first, no worries. Best wishes to him and his family.

Yes, those things definitely come first. Wish him well.

newr 12-20-2006 06:53 AM

Best Wishes

Sorry about the bad news Fabman. Best wishes to you and all of yours.

dcwhipple 12-20-2006 02:34 PM

Your priorities are in the right place. Our prayers are with you and those around you to find the peace that we all contantly strive for.

Make joy in your holiday season!
-Dan

Tom D 12-20-2006 06:28 PM

We can all wait Don. Take care of what is REALLY important first. Merry Christmas and HappyNew Year to you and your family. ALSO...the same goes to my friends at FTE. Tom

fabmandelux 12-20-2006 07:54 PM

Thanks for the support and prayers guys, they mean a lot to me. Earl's [my partner] children showed up today and went with him to the Doctor. He's elected to not go through Chemotherapy, and all the pain and suffering that goes with it [his wife went through that, and he won't]. His children all live out of state, and will be returning to their homes. My wife and I will be taking great care of him, and Hospice will be coming in daily, till The Lord takes him home. He's told me that at 80 years old, and loosing his wife 9 years ago, he is ready for the next level.

I've lost so many friends over the years I thought I was "hardened" to the pain.........but I am not. I know that I must be strong for him, but find it very hard to cope with the loss of my old friend. You can't pick your relatives, but you can pick your friends. I have very little to do with my relatives, but most of my friendships are 30-40 years old, and have lasted through divorces, etc.

Winter is not a very good time for me, and this just makes it even harder.

Wheatina 12-21-2006 10:09 AM

Don...it pains me to know you are suffering so, but warms my heart deeply to know you've had such genuine, heartfelt friendships in your life. You are obviously a generous, truly caring soul and many, many new loving friends will continue to come your way. You are a wealthy man my friend!!

All my best to your friend...he's a strong man!!

doodaa 12-21-2006 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux
....I've lost so many friends over the years I thought I was "hardened" to the pain.........but I am not. I know that I must be strong for him, but find it very hard to cope with the loss of my old friend.

A rock and a hard place for sure. If you ever get "hardened" we'll worry about you, you don't seem to be that kind of person from out here. Be strong for him, you will not regret it no matter how hard it is for you. Watching cancer take my parents was the hardest thing I've ever done but I believe it made it easier for them not to see the pain I was in even though they knew it was there.

kennedyford 12-29-2006 10:39 AM

I just got online this week to find this out Don. My prayers are with your family and your personal ol friend. Don you are what you are in person. A giving, warm helpful friend. God Bless

fabmandelux 12-31-2006 02:00 PM

In case you haven't read it yet: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...ding-home.html

Having lost several friends and relatives to cancer, Helping this way is better than just sitting here.....................