Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum246/)
-   -   Tonneau Cover’s (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/558038-tonneau-cover-s.html)

sea157 12-16-2006 07:40 AM

Tonneau Cover’s

Tell me about your Tonneau Cover’s<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I was thinking about a fiberglass Tonneau Cover but when I want to haul higher pieces I think this may be a hassle to take it off vs a soft cover.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

What do you guys have and like.

Fordfrog206 12-16-2006 07:58 AM

Here is one I like it is pricey but there are some great reviews on this cover. Its called a RETRAX looks like a good product and company. I am sure someone in this forum has one. Here is the link.. http://www.rolltopcover.com/

sgt82nd 12-16-2006 12:42 PM

I like my Truxedo. It's very easy to roll up and it looks really nice when closed. So far I've had it about a year and no problems. A nice feature is that it can't be opened with the tailgate locked. I think several guys on the forums have it.

cub129 12-16-2006 01:04 PM

I have an Access Lorado on my '06 Screw.......love it!!! Had one on my 97 as well. A well made/quality product that stows easily and seals well.

Turbodog1000 12-16-2006 02:36 PM

I Have The Access Cover On My 2005 Scab Long Bed. I Love It. The Access, & The Truxedo Are Both Very Good Covers That Can Be Opened And Closed Again During Cold Weather. They Have A Latch Bar Above The Tailgate. I Have Had 2 Types Of Extang Covers, (snaps & Continuous Plastic Hook) Below 45f You Could Open Them, But Forget Closing Them Till Warmer Weather Or A Sunny Day To Warm Up The Cover.

flyfishtn 12-16-2006 04:35 PM

I have an Undercover and love it. Super light and reinforced, I can stand on top of it and then remove it all by myself if need be. Locks and seals really well.

Racerguy 12-16-2006 04:41 PM

https://www.ford-trucks.com/article/...eau_Cover.html

AirborneRanger 12-16-2006 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by flyfishtn
I have an Undercover and love it. Super light and reinforced, I can stand on top of it and then remove it all by myself if need be. Locks and seals really well.

I also have the undercover......would recommend it. (it's less than half the price of a fiiberglass cover...and like the man said, up to five folks can walk all over it)

5basser 12-17-2006 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Turbodog1000
I Have The Access Cover On My 2005 Scab Long Bed. I Love It. The Access, & The Truxedo Are Both Very Good Covers That Can Be Opened And Closed Again During Cold Weather. They Have A Latch Bar Above The Tailgate. I Have Had 2 Types Of Extang Covers, (snaps & Continuous Plastic Hook) Below 45f You Could Open Them, But Forget Closing Them Till Warmer Weather Or A Sunny Day To Warm Up The Cover.

X2....get either the Access or the Truxedo and you won't be sorry!

Big-Red-Lariat 12-17-2006 07:06 AM

Advance Aluminum...not cheap, but works great.

WhëëlMå1 12-17-2006 10:19 AM

I have the Extang Fulltilt. It combines the best features of a soft tonneau, with the best of the hard tonneau. You can still roll it up like a soft if you wish. You can also tilt the entire assembly up like a hard cover, and the entire assembly can be removed in 10 seconds. Check out my gallery for a few pictures.

badfl97 12-17-2006 02:12 PM

I have low profile truxedo cover, it works well easy to open and close. I do get a little water in though.

Ted928 12-17-2006 02:26 PM

My old chevy had snaps. I dreaded having to open & close it during the winter and the three support poles were awkward to use.

My 05 Screw has a Lund tri-fold ($340). The cover and frame is one piece and the unit folds into thirds. Drop the gate, unlock a quick clamp on each side, fold the unit twice, clip each side to retain it, and you now have access to 2/3 of your bed. Unlock two more clamps and remove if you want full access. There are no rails to mount.
Can't be stolen without destroying it if the gate is locked. I've had it 1 year and no problems.

Sarge2155 12-28-2006 11:11 AM

I have an A.R.E. LSII hard tonneau cover on my 07 FX2 Scab, with a tailgate seal kit. This cover is NOT for the person that hauls irregular shaped and large items, as it is a pain to take off. (mine will never be taken off). It is good for the person that hauls tools and stuff that can lay down. Great waterand dust seal with the tail gate seal added. The underside of the cover is finished in grey. Very nice cover, but pricey.

SteveVFX4 12-28-2006 01:58 PM

I got the Advance 2-panel folding cover on my Screw. It's perfect because it gives you the security of a hard cover but it's easy to take off by yourself (just undo two bolts) when you need to haul large items. I had mine off several times to help people move stuff, haul furniture, etc. Got mine for around $540 shipped back in May 2004. Still looks like new today.