Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum181/)
-   -   So whats the plan here folks? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/557865-so-whats-the-plan-here-folks.html)

Skipped_link 12-15-2006 02:56 PM

So whats the plan here folks?

I'm sure many of you have already seen the post in the northern cali forum, and Tim has already posted a link over to the thread, but here it is again,
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/556615-4x4.html

I would suggest that the NV guys go check it out,

as you'll read the northern cali guys are getting ready to build a machine to compete in off road events, (mostly mud races & bogs) & they are planning on calling us NV guys out, Is there anyone here that is ready to compete against the norcal rig? Is there anyone interested in building a truck to compete against the norcal rig?
Just thought I'd post up some food for thought, Brain storming & planning is more than welcome, if anyone has any thoughts throw them in here maybe we can get somthing going,

460 Crew 12-15-2006 08:42 PM

I have a few things to finish up on my 70 crew and would be more than happy to beat on my truck a little for sake of the Nevada chapter. My truck was put together as daily driver/weekend rig with a mild 460/C6, 4.10 gears,PS,PB,4in lift and 35's, and a few other mods that money permits.So if if it fits the part i'm fair game. I'm sure one way or another the guys in Cali will get their's weather it comes from a Nevadan or someone from up North, the boys up there don't mess around when it comes to their 4x4's.

I'll be sure to bring my camera next time to snap some more offroad worthy pics to please the Cali guys that don't have a truck together yet or any pics of a vehicle in the dirt. :-lamesign Haven't seen anything but big fingers typing so far. :-X07 Oh and the outting was for a good time with other members and their little ones and not really a sanctioned CORR race or scheduled mud drag.

olfordsnstone 12-15-2006 11:35 PM

I really hope this gets going. I think it will be a kick if we can entertain with some affectionate ribbing in rivalry, spend some qualitiy time getting to know eachother while wrenching on trucks, competing at the events, then joining up all of the chapters together for some beers and laughs.
That's what it's all about guys. Just good ol' fun. :-X22

myidsucks 12-16-2006 12:20 AM

I am down, I am going to try and attend, I have some work to do on my truck before then, but I will deffently be there to represent

72f250CS 12-16-2006 12:47 AM

I would be more than willing to put my truck up against thiers, even though I know I would loose big. Just to show them we are not the wussies they think we are.:-jammin Honestly we are all here for the same reason............... the LOVE of FORD TRUCKS!!!!!!

Skipped_link 12-16-2006 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 460 Crew
I'll be sure to bring my camera next time to snap some more offroad worthy pics to please the Cali guys that don't have a truck together yet or any pics of a vehicle in the dirt. :-lamesign Haven't seen anything but big fingers typing so far

A very interesting point that you bring to the table here,:-D

myidsucks 12-16-2006 07:11 PM

Ha ha... your right, I should post some pics up in there forums...

05XLT 12-16-2006 11:25 PM

This will deffinately be interesting!

73f350sc 12-17-2006 12:07 AM

Ooo ooo ooo , :-fire
Can I watch haha I think some friendly competition could be fun... just hope it dont get outta hand haha 8D
-Chris

05XLT 12-17-2006 11:22 AM

We should have an annual comp. where the chapters compete against one another! I think it would be fun!

460 Crew 12-17-2006 11:36 AM

I'm all for a slightly modified street legal daily driver competition but by no mean can my wallet afford a full on competition toy.

We have to find a halfway point to have this little event as we all know gas isn't cheap.

WillyB 12-17-2006 11:58 AM

I'm all for a slightly modified street legal daily driver competition but by no mean can my wallet afford a full on competition toy.

We have to find a halfway point to have this little event as we all know gas isn't cheap.

I agree - this is like a lot of motor sports where the solution to any problem is to throw money at it. Skip told us when we visited at Fallon that as fun as his 49 was, most people enjoyed the street classes more. You spend more time playing and less time building, and a broken gear is not a $2K expense.

I am not against doing a trail ride - with the members awarding the trophy to whoever they find the most worthy.

As to where, some of us are just going to have to drive a while. We have members who live on the coast next to the Oregon border, and, if I can get them involved, SoCal chapter has some from the San Diago area. Skip lives dang near to Utah, and there may be some from the Oregon, Washington and Idaho chapters who want to join us.

olfordsnstone 12-17-2006 11:59 AM

Haaa, then you definately don't want to compete against Skipped_link. Of course being Nevada Chapter, you would be on the same team. Hmmm.
460crew, I see in your signature that you have both your "real trucks" with a C-6. Do you find that better than the 4 speed when it comes to off roading? I have the 4 speed trans in my 74 highboy, because I have always liked the feel and direct drive, but I have been told that the auto trans would be better to keep from breaking traction in slippery conditions. What do you think?

460 Crew 12-17-2006 12:24 PM

I dunno I think I may just be lazy. I do like the stick for power and control but the auto does fine with downhill control and anything i've dished out to it so far. The auto to keep from breaking loose really doesn't effect me, either way I have a heavy foot. I'm sure they have both their pro's and con's but eh auto fit me a little better with the amount of street driving the truck does. I plan on doing a Cummins conversion into the 70 in the next yr or 2 and going back to a stick using a NV4500 or the 5600, but thats in the future.

Yeah the only way I wanna be lined up next to Skipped Link is sitting in the passanger seat!

olfordsnstone 12-17-2006 12:37 PM

Yeah the only way I wanna be lined up next to Skipped Link is sitting in the passanger seat!

Wow, wouldn't that be a hoot! I wonder if he would let me drive it? :-D
hint hint* Skip, are you listening? :-missingt