Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Ok, let's make a meet happen... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/552939-ok-lets-make-a-meet-happen.html)

fellro86 11-30-2006 06:28 PM

Ok, let's make a meet happen...

Have to see who can make it, and that will kind of determine where we hold it, I like to try and keep it fairly central. Of course it can't be close to everyone... So post up if you want to make a meet before Christmas, or if it's a bad time, we can go after Christmas, since it is getting close and all. I'll guage interest and loactions, and see what we can come up with. I got a couple more weeks here, then I will be back to the Marengo area...
Hey Opie, don't feel too left out by my move, I may well be by to bug you every other weekend... will probably be meeting the wife's ex there (Donnelson)to get her daughter.

jimbo beam 12-01-2006 07:07 PM

im up for anything, as long as theres not 10 feet of snow

fellro86 12-01-2006 08:46 PM

I hear ya there, was hoping it would go easy on us, I guess 5 1/2" isn't too bad compared to what it could have been...

monsterbaby 12-01-2006 11:01 PM

Yeah should have seen the mess I had to deal with today in Peoria, state patrol called in there officers because it was too dangerous, DOT called in the snow plows that weren't in the ditch, and the national guard was called out. My relay driver sat on the offramp to where we trade trailers for 12hrs and I got stuck in the parking lot 2 times. Yeah it was a lot of fun.
But as far as meeting sounds good to me, heck I have a couple 4x4s so even some snow is ok.

fellro86 12-01-2006 11:19 PM

I can believe they got it worse over that way... keokuk got it worse than I did here, all my classes were cancelled for the day, i tell ya, that broke my heart... :-yeahrigh But at least I did get something done for the day that I wouldn't have otherwise, once I got done clearing snow...

IowaTower 12-02-2006 07:11 AM

Winter's my busy season -- I doubt I could even make one in CR.

fellro86 12-02-2006 08:50 AM

If there is a better time of day to help make it work, let us know, otherwise, we'll catch ya on the next one if we can!

fordloverf2501970 12-02-2006 02:17 PM

i just got home from chicago today SATURDAY, i left chicago at 1pm yesterday, spent the night driving accross iowa on I-80, 65 mile back up 9 hours just sitting on the interstaTE.

fellro86 12-02-2006 02:21 PM

You would think they would redirect traffic when it gets that bad... unless the roads were, bad,then they should do like South Dakota and just shut it off... not too good to be sitting out on the road, bebetter to sit in a prking lot somewhere and take it easy, if you can't roll...

fordsrgrt 12-03-2006 10:11 AM

i left chicago around 6.30pm thursday evening ,made it to the 145mp . sat there for about 3.5 hours because of the freezing rain .the bridges going into joliet were plugged because of spinouts.dot came out about 9.30pm with the first salt trucks to get things going ,finally got to clinton at 4am friday morning.we could use the heated shop my dad has for a meeting place .by the way i'll be in there around the end of the month (jan) changing out front axles and my transfercase. im in clinton off of 30 and 67 :-X03

fellro86 12-03-2006 07:50 PM

Pick a weekend in January, and maybe we can come over and supervise the swap... :-drink

fordsrgrt 12-03-2006 08:33 PM

how about the 20 or 27 either one would work for me :-X03

fellro86 12-03-2006 08:38 PM

I'll have to get back to you on that... Anyone else want in on it?

iowagrizzly 12-03-2006 09:04 PM

Hey everyone, I just e-mailed a ? to fordsrgrt about your chapter.
What's all involved, I'm interested in joining, attending a meet etc.

fellro86 12-03-2006 09:10 PM

Welcome to the Iowa chapter, and FTE!!! To join, simply click the "join chapter" button under the link button to enter the chapter, or go to your "user cp" upper left in the blue bar, click chapter memberships, in the column on the left, and request to join, and I will get it accepted as soon as I see it. No dues, no real requirements, just be interested in Ford trucks. Meets aren't hard set, don't have to be authorized or anything like that. Want to hook up with some of us? Say it, and see who can make it.
So where abouts do you come to us from? Many of us are in the east and south, but there are also others in the NW as well.