Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum43/)
-   -   What parts swap??? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/543503-what-parts-swap.html)

BIIman 11-04-2006 08:32 PM

What parts swap???

I have a '63 Eco-pick up. What wheels fit these rides---early Mustang or Maverick?Where's a good place for body parts? Looking to put cut down van doors on the back and lose my tailgate. Thanks...

66gpw 11-04-2006 10:43 PM

5 bolt ford rims fit the econo trucks. They came with 13 inch rims which were also on the Falcon cars. Even 5 bolt Dodge rims fit. Body parts there are several suppliers of sheet metal replacement panels. But not every panel on our truck. like the endgates. rocker panels under the front door, or floor pans. or the front skin.
So it is best to find a parts van or truck and buy them and salvage what you can use or if you have a place to keep them. Then you can get the parts youy need when you need.
Also guys here can help with parts.
Macs truck repo parts has stuff and there is Dennis Carpenter rubber parts that help supply parts.

BIIman 11-04-2006 10:55 PM

Thanks. Who is this Mac's truck repo?

66gpw 11-04-2006 11:19 PM

Its Macs antique auto parts. They have a web site and they are one of the sponsors here of FTE. Check the sponsors at the top of the page. They rotate the sponsors but you will see macs there. Dennis Carpenter also has a web site if you type Dennis Carpenter.

Dave Severson 11-06-2006 08:03 AM

Just got my new Mac's catalogues, lots of goodies in them!!!!

66gpw 11-06-2006 01:18 PM

I like to know if Macs provides backup lights for a 1960 ford stepside box. The lights I'm thinking off I would like them to ba the ford emblem shape like they have for the tailights. It was not a factory thing just wondering if someone made an after market backup lite like that.

The other thing is how much was the catalog. I'm in Canada and interested in getting one, or do you have an old one you be interested in getting rid off. Let me know>

Jimbare 11-06-2006 08:49 PM

macs catalogues are free for the asking. if you do a little searching in the site sponsors, there are several that sell lights and lenses for the older stuff. i bet one of them will have them.

BIIman 11-07-2006 06:32 AM

Thanks for the hit. I went through the catalog last night. Just a couple of more things I need from there. Rockauto.com has a lot of parts also. I guess any good tire store should know what wheels fit my ride.

66gpw 11-07-2006 12:46 PM

Macs does not ship free catalogs to Canada. Anyone got an extra they could send me. Even an old one? Let me know, I can arrange the postage then.

j-md 11-08-2006 12:41 AM

"Macs does not ship free catalogs to Canada. Anyone got an extra they could send me. Even an old one? Let me know, I can arrange the postage then"

I have a Macs catalogue that they sent me for $5 US here in Vancouver BC bargain if you ask me ...