Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   It's official... I'm moving back to Iowa... FINALLY... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/542827-its-official-im-moving-back-to-iowa-finally.html)

fellro86 11-02-2006 03:47 PM

It's official... I'm moving back to Iowa... FINALLY...

Yep, late this year, I will be moving back to Marengo. I start classes for spring semester at Kirkwood, get my associates degree there, then maybe go on to UNI for a bachelor degree, since they have a direct transfer agreement. Industrial mechanical engineering is the main focus...

Sam_Fear 11-02-2006 06:54 PM

Sounds like you've got the plan. I've got an AS for engineering myself, but life took a turn and I never went back to get my BS. Maybe someday...

fellro86 11-02-2006 06:58 PM

Well, I started this path a long time ago, but same story, life situations got in the way, and I didn't go back, but since other life happenings did, I am now back again...

stryder 11-02-2006 07:44 PM

Glad to hear your IQ will be going up a few points once you cross the border. :rolleyes:

Feel free to let any unwanted parts fall out of the truck on your way past me. :-D

fellro86 11-02-2006 07:48 PM

depends what you are looking for...;) For the record, I still have always spent a lot of time in Iowa anyway... just haven't really fit in here... and many of the stereotype jokes... ARE REAL!!!! :-hair :eek: :-D Ask my wife, she's related to most of the county... Her dad married her aunt... so now, is her cousin her step sister, or????? :-huh :confused:

stryder 11-03-2006 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by fellro86
Her dad married her aunt... so now, is her cousin her step sister, or????? :-huh :confused:

That sounds about right for MO :-missingt

Originally Posted by fellro86
depends what you are looking for...;)

I'm usually looking for drivetrain parts. Never can have too many engines/trans/axles layin around. I was mostly joking, although I've moved enough times to know most non-essential parts get left behind. I've gotten rid of several Mustang engines i'm now kicking myself for.

fordloverf2501970 11-05-2006 10:58 AM

oh sure ! fine ! i SEE HOW YOU ARE ! I move closer to where you are and you up and move ! Is it the fact that i sold my truck ? did that do it ? Or is it that we ate too much at applebees ? What did i do wrong ? sniff sniff LOL

fellro86 11-05-2006 09:26 PM

It's cheap rent? :-X07 Yea, I know, thought of that too, but think of it this way, I can afford to show up better... I have suspicions I will get back through every so often, as I can get rid of appliances and gas tanks here, and don't know any other place to do it, so I might be coming through with a load once in a while. (got one right now even...) Heck you got a motor cycle, you can have an excuse to go wandering that way, in a more interesting direction...

fordloverf2501970 11-06-2006 11:49 AM

yeah but these times of the year it makes me think real hard about even leaving the general area around my house on my bike, i rode home from work 2 weeks ago at 36 degrees, i was a little cold those 50 miles. Come next spring i will be up there , i have many friends in the iowa city area

1979 Ford 11-13-2006 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by stryder
Glad to hear your IQ will be going up a few points once you cross the border. :rolleyes:

Feel free to let any unwanted parts fall out of the truck on your way past me. :-D

Just think what would happen to you IQ if you came back to South Dakota.

Flareside94 12-06-2006 07:14 PM

Congrats! PM'd ya.

I thought living down in Centerville was too close to MO, now you're closer to Iowa's beltline, rather then under its butt! :)

I've been hoping for a bit of snow to play with, but if you'll be moving - I'll quit asking for it. Though, its trying to spit a bit right now...

fellro86 12-06-2006 07:15 PM

If you want snow, ya better get down here before it all melts off! Had 5 1/2 " last Friday..

Flareside94 12-06-2006 07:59 PM

It was a fine line. And we got NOTHING. I had a HELL of a time keeping my produce full the other day with all of the old people swarming as they thought they would be snowed in for a week. Then...nothing. Bah.

fellro86 12-06-2006 08:03 PM

Snow line was just nroth of Keosauqau, then angled up to just north of Mt Pleasant, it came from the SE, went to the NE... had no classes that Friday because of it, even though the snow was done at 6:30 AM... I'd be ahppy to trade with you, you take the snow, I have dry conditions back... had to put some things on hold until it melts off, because I don't feel like getting stuck out in the middle of the field with a loaded trailer... not to mention a few things got snowed under that I need to get picked up... the car is on top of the hill, I have to go across a dam for a pond, up a hill that is fairly steep, and then pull a trailer all the while. Not a good thing to do if you don't have to.

Flareside94 12-06-2006 08:19 PM

Yeah, sounds like you need dry more then I. I just drive a bit over a mile to work.