Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   Central NH Service Depts??? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/540211-central-nh-service-depts.html)

john1N 10-25-2006 04:24 PM

Central NH Service Depts???

Recently moved back to NH with the 2005 F-250 I bought in Mass. I was wondering if anyone has any input in dealing with service departments in the area. I'd generally be looking for something between Tilton/Laconia up to Meredith.
This includes Tilton Ford, Meredith Ford, and Irwin Ford. I have no prior dealings with any of them and want to make the right choice the first time. I could go as far as Concord, but it's a bit of a hike from the Plymouth area.
Reason I'm a little cautious is that I bought from Framingham ford in Mass. the trucks been back three times for the tranny slipping (still doing it) went back for the TSB on the "death wobble" the didn't do the TSB just replaced ball joints at 8000 miles, 2000 miles later it's starting back up again, so, I don't want to find another Framingham ford.
Any input or stories of past experiences with any dealership service departments in the area along 93 between the lakes and the mountains would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully there's a good one.

Thanks,

John.

7283-F250 10-26-2006 07:19 AM

I've used the truck center at Graponee in Concord but not for warranty work or anything too-too extensive. I have used them for the focus under warranty and they were good. Went back to them at about 34K because of water collecting on the passanger floor (common with some Focuses) and they subbed it out to a car HVAC company. Third time I brought the car back with some research I did (basicly told them what the problem most likely was) and I think they actually did the work(not the sub contractor) and there is no more water on the pass. floor.

I passed by Irwin Ford in Tilton yesterday. Does that count....:-D

mlafortu 10-30-2006 07:22 AM

I use Concord Lincoln Mercury and have for about 6 years. They only disappointed me once, but it was the old service mananger and he's gone now. I just had them work on my truck for some warranty stuff. The driver's seat was creaking (a spring was out of place) and the driver's front wheel was creaking while steering (bad wheel bearing ate up the ball joints). Cost me $0 with a rental because of my extended warranty. Let me clarify, the rental was free because of the extended warranty, but there was no deducible because I'm still under 36K or 3 years. I was pleased with the work. I didn't really like driving a Chevy Aveo for 2 days though!! HAHA

If you do go there ask for Greg to do the work. He knows his stuff!!

john1N 11-05-2006 03:43 PM

Thanks for the input

I'll be calling someone next week for service. I'll probably start with Meredith and move on south from there. All depends who sounds competant on the phone and doesn't mind giving out a loaner car while my trucks in the shop.
Thanks again,
John.

svt2205 02-17-2007 04:23 PM

I know this is an older post, but one shop you might want to consider is Hillsboro Ford, in Hillsboro NH. They do heavy business in SD trucks and upfitting, sales and service. 464-4000 if you're still searching.

sglaine 02-18-2007 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by svt2205
I know this is an older post, but one shop you might want to consider is Hillsboro Ford, in Hillsboro NH. They do heavy business in SD trucks and upfitting, sales and service. 464-4000 if you're still searching.

I would not say that after my experience I had with them. But there again thats my opinion.

john1N 02-18-2007 09:55 AM

Thanks, ended up going with Irwin because that's where my girlfriends Taurus is from and they were great during the sale process of her car when we bought it.
Turns out their service dept. doesn't really follow suite. 2 days in the shop for warranty work, $90 out of my pocket for a rental, came back with the same issues it went it with. The tech couldn't hear the clunk in the steering column (my GF can hear it in the passenger seat), the driver side floor board "thunk" on bumps was actually felt by the tech, replaced the bump stops, thunk still there (ball joint????), the tranny didn't slip while they test drove it sooooooo, they just ignore that whole issue, the check engine light went off while it was there so the "evap emissions system leak" "fixed itself", and the 4WD engaged fine when tested, so again, if it's not a consistant problem all the time, it's not worth looking into.

All in all this truck must've been built on a Friday afternoon or a Monday morning, my buddy has the same truck, twice the miles, and only one problem so far. I've always driven a Ford, but this one, combined with the service depts that I've dealt with, has me looking at other options. Only problem is that this crap can happen with any make or model.

sglaine 02-18-2007 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by john1N
Thanks, ended up going with Irwin because that's where my girlfriends Taurus is from and they were great during the sale process of her car when we bought it.
Turns out their service dept. doesn't really follow suite. 2 days in the shop for warranty work, $90 out of my pocket for a rental, came back with the same issues it went it with. The tech couldn't hear the clunk in the steering column (my GF can hear it in the passenger seat), the driver side floor board "thunk" on bumps was actually felt by the tech, replaced the bump stops, thunk still there (ball joint????), the tranny didn't slip while they test drove it sooooooo, they just ignore that whole issue, the check engine light went off while it was there so the "evap emissions system leak" "fixed itself", and the 4WD engaged fine when tested, so again, if it's not a consistant problem all the time, it's not worth looking into.

All in all this truck must've been built on a Friday afternoon or a Monday morning, my buddy has the same truck, twice the miles, and only one problem so far. I've always driven a Ford, but this one, combined with the service depts that I've dealt with, has me looking at other options. Only problem is that this crap can happen with any make or model.

My self I ended up having my work and sale's Greenfield Ford . In Greenfield MA because I have gotten taken to the cleaners from other dealers in NH.

We have saved money and they are honest. Fixed right the first time too. And they are a Sponsor here at FTE www.sweeneyford.com

john1N 02-19-2007 03:02 PM

I think my next stop will be at Herb Chambers in Westboro Mass. Not that I don't think there's a single dealer in NH that can do the job, but friends with the same truck and similar problems, have had good luck at Chambers. And my high school bud is the sales manager over there.
Whether I drive an hour to a NH dealer or 2 hours to Mass doesn't really make a big differance as long as it gets fixed in one trip.

sglaine 02-19-2007 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by john1N
I think my next stop will be at Herb Chambers in Westboro Mass. Not that I don't think there's a single dealer in NH that can do the job, but friends with the same truck and similar problems, have had good luck at Chambers. And my high school bud is the sales manager over there.
Whether I drive an hour to a NH dealer or 2 hours to Mass doesn't really make a big differance as long as it gets fixed in one trip.

How about Ford Of Greenfield. In Greenfield MA. I have had great luck there. Trust me it is worth the trip.