Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   Whos got what for projects here? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/538610-whos-got-what-for-projects-here.html)

385seriesHemi 10-20-2006 03:40 PM

Whos got what for projects here?

Ive got a 1970 nova prostreet goin on, and a 92 f150 prostreet and a motorcycle project and If i feel like it i have a pull truck outta my 83 suburban

FirstTry 10-20-2006 08:44 PM

ive got welding school, so i mess around ith other people projects on my weekends for beer. ive got the 79 supercab that i am fixing up, looking at putting bucket seats in, aluminum door panels, building a better headache rack, like to find a nicer box for it intead of a deck, its an ongoing project, got a lot of models that need building. just odd stuff around the yard, got some woodworing projects for the winter. might decide to get a job one of these days

jake00 10-20-2006 10:56 PM

http://www.fortjake.com/fte/ba.jpgmaybe an airlocker next

fattmann 10-21-2006 12:01 AM

My van is the project (check out my gallery), might be looking to flatbed it...

jimbo beam 10-21-2006 10:12 PM

over the summer we [my uncle and i] started tearing apart his old 77 scottsdale, and my dads old 75 custom delux, they've both been rotting away behind my gradpas gradge for years. taking down a ton of scrap metal off them, cleaning up the grills, bumpers and other good stuff that'll end up on ebay.

the 75 has a np435 and a dana 60 with a 4.56 gear, these will freashend up and end up behind a rebuilt 300 inline 6 in my 82 f100, since the deal on the 460 feel through.

were gonna rebuild one of the 4 bolt main 350s [outof one of the trucks] and put it in his 74 nova, it had sunk into the yard about a foot since being parked with a blow motor 5 years ago, we had to dig around and under it and then yank it with the truck, in the process breaking all 4 brake drums that had locked up over the years. the other 350 will get rebuilt, teamed up with a turbo 400 and end up in whatever cheap car we can find.

for this winter a buddy of mine will be buying a pontiac grand prix from another buddy of mine, we're gonna yank out the bum trans, and replace it with the one from a grand prix with a blown motor that i will be buying from my sisters friend. then we'll be scraping out my grandprix, 100 bucks for a 97 with a blown motor, no rust tons of good parts, if anyone needs something let me know.

Ferguson65 10-23-2006 07:26 PM

Well, no on road projects for me, but I have a 1959 Massey Ferguson 65 tractor that was my grandfathers that I'm going to restore. Has 4 cyl diesel that needs rebuilt bad, steering is sloppy and diff lock is broke, but otherwise sound machine. Also have a 1939 Allis chalmers model B tractor that was my first project tractor and gott stalled out on because the Massey has way more sentimental value. Will be selling allis shortly to pay for rebuild on massey. Other than that, just too many toys to roll the ball on one real quick. 1994 coleman pop-up camper, 1994 Honda Magna 750 V4, plus my two vehicles and the tractors. I spead myself way too thin.

Peter94 10-24-2006 09:03 PM

building a 331 stroker out of a 302, going MAF, 24 lb/hrs, diablo delta, gt40 heads, gt 40 intake, or just a mustang gt intake, going to port/polish the heads, test them on a flow bench, deck the block, roller lifters/rocker

twin66 10-24-2006 09:59 PM

got a frame off restro/custom of a 66 f100 i was supposed to start this last summer, but my dad never got his shop built, so it will get started this year for sure. Then I will build beater 66 with leftover parts (I got three of em...). Then there is a 71 volkswagen dune buggy i gotta fix up...thinkin of a porsche engine (i was told they would fit). The specs will change as my cash flow changes (and right now it ALL negative)

jmono 10-25-2006 12:39 AM

I have been working on a 79 F-250 (gallery for pics.) Going to build the motor some more.. stroker, ported/aluminum heads, adjustable rockers, and fuel injection etc. I might be picking up a 99 powerstroke so that I can use something besides the F-250 for a daily driver.

Franken-Truck 10-25-2006 11:53 AM

Ground up "Beastification" of my 1978 F-250 4x4 8D Was going to be just a psuedo resto to putt around in, but its turning into a therapy project :-missingt And that means I have no idea what I'm doing with it, just building it till I can't build it anymore!

Current objectives are to outboard my front springs to fit a 1990 Dana 60 under there and start fixxing the "rust problem" (understatement of the year) on the cab.

jmono 10-25-2006 07:38 PM

Here's what I have inmind for the 79...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...ml#post4068075

Peter94 10-25-2006 08:54 PM

hey frankentruck, if you want to see rust, check out my gallery, the F150 in it. I think it might be the worst one out there.

fiftyfourdf100 10-26-2006 05:35 PM

I have my 1954 Ford F100 streetrod truck, which is never done. its driveable and street legal right now, but i have more plans for it. 351W/AOD/9" with a Mustang II IFS from Heidts power rack & pinion, full 2 1/2" exhaust w/h-pipe and Flowmaster 40 series, 2005 Mustang GT 17x8 bullit style wheels w/Pirelli Pzero tires, leather interior and 5% VLT tinted windows, painted a custom mixed "Fifty-Fourd" Orange. Father-son project that I wouldn't/couln't trade for anything. Lost 2 girlfriends over it, they said "Me or the truck" and out the door they went.

I also have a 1965 Mustang Coupe 289/Auto, with long-tube headers and lil stuff done to it. Getting ready to repaint and repair the body, maybe a 8.8 or 9" and hopefully something like a 306 stroker. Has Mickey Thompson ET IV wheels with BFG Radial T/As, Accel points-solid state distributor conversion, Accel 9mm wires, platinum plugs, basic stuff, nothing major..YET.

1949 Lincoln 4dr Sedan with a Flathead v8 and an automatic trans(unknown original). Untouched yet, waiting till I go to Wyotech or get done with Iowa State.

Franken-Truck 10-26-2006 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Peter94
hey frankentruck, if you want to see rust, check out my gallery, the F150 in it. I think it might be the worst one out there.

WOW!! I saw that cab and went straight outside and gave mine a big hug lol. My cab isn't to bad on the outside, but its really rusty on the inside (between the inner and outter cab sides) which is going to involve a lot of seam splitting and panel chopping. . .plus the usual floor panels and corners :-missingt

How much of yours was patched? And has any of the rust come back?

muscletruck7379 10-27-2006 10:31 AM

well i have the 69 351w that im rebuilding w/ summit kit and gt40 heads in auto tech, its probably gonna end up in my 84 mercury capri. i think i am gonna dissasemble my highboy and use the drivetrain under it along with a super cab my dad has to build the supercab highboy i have always wanted. my bronco sits waiting an engine, it will probably get a 400. im trying to buy another bike thats nicer than mine so i can just use mine for parts. my volvo (daily driver) needs parts so i can get it sold. i just got a 72 f100 that i need to put a carb and fuel pump onto so i can drive it when the volvo goes. and then i have my baby, a 61 falcon that im still gathering parts for!