Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   Buffalo NY members how are you? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/538548-buffalo-ny-members-how-are-you.html)

Ronin007 10-20-2006 11:39 AM

Buffalo NY members how are you?

I just wanted to give a shout out to all of our Buffalo members to see how you are doing. Please post up how you are and if you need anything. There are members that are nearby that may be able to give you a hand if they know what your needs are.

Other members feel free to share your comments and how you may be of help to our fellow Buffalo members who may have been without electricity for the last week.

Thanks everyone.

Jdenninger 10-20-2006 04:16 PM

Last that i spoke to ang(aka cowlady) she was in a slight panick. that was last friday. haven't been able to callher and get her since.

Ronin007 10-21-2006 02:14 PM

JD - what was ang in a panick about?

Anyone heard from John Pen, ameritaz3038, cujo8, Benton, or any of the other Buffalo members??

jasonschwenk 10-21-2006 06:10 PM

I guess since no one has been on they are still without electricty?

I think that their electric company is Niagra Mohawk who is owned by National Grid. Not to turn this political but anyone from Long Island can expect the same when they finish buying Keyspan.

In this day and age no one should be without electricity this long!

Ronin007 10-21-2006 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by jasonschwenk
I guess since no one has been on they are still without electricty?

That is very possible. There were over 400,000 households without power last week and the last report that I heard there were still somthing like 50,000 still without as of yesterday. It was a pretty bad storm as I was in Buffalo earlier this week and every tree that I saw had some damage to it and we were only in the southern most part of Buffalo. I can't imagine how it is farther north. I am just hoping they are alright. John Pen is in or near where the storm hit hard. I am not sure of the others.

Jdenninger 10-21-2006 10:52 PM

i think anj was panicking mainly because of her mother. she couldn't leave to go to rochester. still have not had a chance to call. just got home a lil while ago today. was out all day

Ronin007 10-22-2006 08:48 AM

JD - keep us posted on what you hear from ang. I am just hoping everyone is alright. There have only been 12 reported deaths due to this storm. Most are due to people running generators indoors. When will people learn. :-X15

John Pen 10-22-2006 11:13 AM

Dodged the bullet here..all damage was about 10 min south of me...My buddy in West Seneca was without power for 6 days...still some out, but most have power back

Ronin007 10-22-2006 11:17 AM

John - glad to hear you are alright!! I was concerned as I thought you were in the heart of it. Thanks for posting up. I hope the others are fine too. Haven't heard from anyone else. Have you??

Ronin007 10-22-2006 05:15 PM

Well the latest report is that there are still 400 to 600 homes without power in the Snyder area and as Jason stated in his post people are very upset about how long it is taking them. It sounds like most schools and businesses will be back up and running as normal on Monday.

Hope everyone is well and post up so we now how you are doing.

Ronin007 10-24-2006 05:48 AM

As of this morning they are reporting 250 homes and businesses that are still without power. Most of the schools are open, but the buses are only staying to the main roads. No secondary roads due to they are not clear enough for the buses to pass.

So how are the rest of the Buffalo members??? Only John Pen posted up.

What is going on with the rest of you and are you alright??

Ronin007 10-27-2006 12:05 PM

Well everyone's power is back on. 12 days later!!! :-X16 I guess everyone is alright. Have not heard from anyone other then John Pen. No more deaths associated with the storm so that is a good thing. The cleanup they are predicting will take a month or more in some areas. Now they are suppose to get hit with high winds this weekend which could cause problems due to the trees being weakened from this snow storm. Hopefully it will miss them.

dallbright 10-27-2006 07:16 PM

Hi All,

Re: The 10/12 storm: Returned to Buffalo during the worst of it, left for home at about 12:50 am. Locked the hubs in on the Quigley 4x4 (first time using it for real) and waded through the wet heavy stuff with stock "all-season" tires. Took an hour, weaving around downed trees, stuck vehicles, closed streets, to get to NY 400, another hour to get home. Little at East Aurora, nothing at home.

Got the Van back from the body shop (deer damage at 5 weeks, 5 days of ownership), and it's looking good as new, some $3,700 later (thanks Progressive and Ott's Collision in Warsaw).

Glad life is returning to normal for those hit on the city. I was able to get to work from country and filled in for many closer than I who couldn't get off their streets.

Later, Dave

Ronin007 10-27-2006 07:41 PM

Dave, glad to hear that you are alright. Sounds like it was really bad where you were. Glad the van is back to normal and that it performed well for you. Did you decide on deer protection for it yet?

dallbright 10-28-2006 08:04 AM

I am going to go up to Niagara Performance to see if they can help me out. They're supposed to be dealers for that Australian Company. I'm thinking I want something that includes the vertical push bars...my bumpers ride right over the top of others in the parking lot at work.

Was noticing in the sunlight the really nice job the body shop did and was searching for the place where the new paint ended and original began...wow...

Same color and everything, but the new stuff looks like it has a glass coat on it and the factory part is just very shiny. Maybe I'll see what they'd charge to put another coat of clearcoat (I guess that's the difference) on the remainder of the vehicle.

Thinking ahead here:

If we ever think we would like to stage a get-together in the western part of the state, might I recommend Letchworth State Park? There's lots of outdoor space, picnic areas, camping both in and outside of the Park, very scenic. Just a thought.