Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   I will probably be at the races in Byjalia next weekend (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/518088-i-will-probably-be-at-the-races-in-byjalia-next-weekend.html)

Greywolf 08-14-2006 10:11 PM

I will probably be at the races in Byjalia next weekend

(?) I'm pretty sure that's how it's spelled.... Pronounced: BYE-HAIL-EEE-AH

Down in Mississippi anyway. I want to see my bosses 5.0 Ranger truck run! Everything I've heard about the track down there sounds like the good ol' days of drag racing.

Apparently almost everyone I work with either has a racing machine, or a Harley Davidson. I want both, naturally.

rboeding 08-15-2006 07:59 AM

That is an English name and hot a Spanish name so h instead of j :)

300-6 08-15-2006 09:01 AM

That should be fun to watch a 5.0 ranger run. Any idea what kind of numbers it will run?

Greywolf 08-15-2006 08:20 PM

It's an 8th mile track - and so far he's been pulling sevens! It's bracket racing too - so it get's kind of odd in some ways.

You figure what you think you are going to run, and the closest you can come to it is a kind of score... Say you decide you can run a 7.95 - that's your target. Your "ERROR TIME" is how far off you are from it. I'd be happier just seeing how freaking fast I can go.... :)

It's a kind of a "Sportsmans Class" of drag racing. It sorta combines gambling with speed. Also skill. The biggest part of it is consistency...

The one downside of it I can see is that you also lose points if you go faster (and thus: are QUICKER) than you thought you would be.

lariat97 08-16-2006 06:08 AM

I'd rather bracket race than anyother type of drag racing. It combines good reaction time with consistancy in your runs. If you can do both you can win no matter how fast your ride is. I might join you at the track Wolfie. Its not far from my house.

B-61 Bulldog 08-16-2006 07:46 PM

the BYHailla track ive herd from some my dads friends say it reminds them of the old lakeland dragstrip know anything bout it GW ? IVE BEEN There a few times my self watching other buddys race but my favorite track was the mud races down there in byhailla or maybe victoria some where down that way have ask a buddy of mine who i went w/ to the mud races a time or 2 who was coillerville & went out there quite regular ;)

im into my Drag racing but im into sledpulling & mudboggin also if i build somthing itll be for either mudracing or sled pulling (love the dirt yall ;))

later

Bulldog

Greywolf 08-16-2006 08:48 PM

HEY! I 'preciate ya...

I think if I didn't show down there I'd be missing out on a good thing, and a good ol' time....

I've been hearing about it for more than three weeks now.

Lakeland was an old time drag strip laid out to the east of L.A. if I remember right, back in the day. They ran everything from Streamliners to Jalopies out there....

lariat97 08-17-2006 06:22 AM

It might be a slow weekend at Byhalia. The Nats are at MMS this weekend. I'll go to Byhalia if you are Greywolf. Its only a few miles from my house.

BigDfromTN 08-17-2006 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Greywolf
HEY! I 'preciate ya...

I think if I didn't show down there I'd be missing out on a good thing, and a good ol' time....

I've been hearing about it for more than three weeks now.

Lakeland was an old time drag strip laid out to the east of L.A. if I remember right, back in the day. They ran everything from Streamliners to Jalopies out there....

Hey Grey,
Lakeland was a drag strip east of Memphis @ Canada Rd and I-40. Actually if you go to the Factory Outlet Mall and go to the parking lot in the back right corner(sorta) as you enter. You can walk up the hill and still see remnants of the paved track and all.
BTW, I live in Bartlett and work in Millington.
Enjoy Byhalia races.

Greywolf 08-17-2006 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by rboeding
That is an English name and hot a Spanish name so h instead of j :)

I may jave jeard it wrong, BUT OKAY! :)

Greywolf 08-18-2006 07:07 PM

It looks like it's going to be Holly Grove ('Bout fifteen miles away) but I won't know for sure until I call Jim tomorrow at noon to find out if he got his tranny back in the race machine...

It seems he done blew up the tailshaft housing on a C6, and another one is going in starting in the morning.

lariat97 08-18-2006 09:04 PM

Do you mean Holly Springs? They redid the track there this winter. It should be ready by now. I beat a new Hemi at Holly Springs 2 yrs ago. It sure was fun. The announcer was running his mouth about the Hemi everytime it staged. I shut him up by beating the Hemi by a full second in the eighth.

Greywolf 08-18-2006 10:03 PM

Holly Springs isn't Jim's track of choice. He don't like it for some reason.
But the sponsor said : "YEP! 'Ats where we gonna run..."

(if his tranny is together)

PS: What you said, "HOLLY SPRINGS". That's right.

Greywolf 08-19-2006 12:34 PM

CHANGE 2:

It's Byhalia, 6PM tonight - that's a definite. Gate fee is $10 for adults, children under ten get in free. Here's a map link

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=MS&zipcode=

(at least I hope the link works)

I just called Jim ten minutes ago, and the tranny is in the last stages of bolt-up.

LET'S GO RACING!!!!

lariat97 08-19-2006 02:51 PM

If Jim hasn't seen the Holly Springs track bince last yr I don't blame him for not liking it. It was too short & rough. Its been redone & made longer. I'll try to find you tonight at Byhalia.