Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum181/)
-   -   What mods do you have? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/513278-what-mods-do-you-have.html)

05XLT 07-29-2006 04:13 AM

What mods do you have?

I have Luminics 6000k bulbs in my low beams, Silver Star's in my fogs, Silver Star in my front turn signals, window vent visors, K&N replacment air filter, 22% tint, and blue reverse bulbs. Getting some clear corners by next Wed. Saving for chrome sport tubes, exhaust system, supercharger, Ground Force lowering kit, and 20" chrome rims.

Vern69 07-29-2006 10:45 PM

Wheels and tires. That's more than plenty since Ford built 'em right back in the day (unless you count my fancy primer-gray paint scheme :-D ).

big hoss 29 07-30-2006 12:09 AM

Well, I've got a 460 bored .30 over, Crane 260-H cam, cloyes pre-71 timing chain, Edelbrock 750 carb on an Edelbrock intake. New re-curved distributor and dual 2 1/2" exhaust with X pipe with no cats. All smog equipment is long gone and she purrs like a thirsty kitten. Check out the gallery.

Other than that, no mods but I'm getting a 4" lift in a year or so after Debbie and I pay for our wedding.

H2oRodeo 08-03-2006 12:17 AM

Let's see........Outside....6 1/2" fabtech lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG AT's, 8" Kodiak motorized steps, Side mirrors painted to match(white), Billet grill, Randy Ellis design light bar with 2-6" spots and 2-8" floods.

Under the hood.....AFE Stage2 cold air intake, Banks big head wastegate, Edge E-Z module, Edge Evolution programmer in cab, Silverline 4" turbo back Dual exhaust ( w/6" tips!), Exhaust brake, Mag-Hytec high capacity tranny pan.

In the cab.........Auto meter gauges(2, EGT and Trans.) White face main gauge cluster, Dash mount GPS, Alpine CD, Infinity 5x7's in the doors, 10" kicker solo-baric sub, 2 Alpine amps to run it all and A Viper alarm system w/ remote start...........oh yeah, and The Husky Liners!...I love those things.

No wonder my wife hates it when I say, "I'm going to the shop for a few hours!"

Skipped_link 08-04-2006 05:48 PM

Hmmm, This might take a bit,

My 03 F-250 has an 8" all spring superlift, 4.56:1 gears 38" toyo open country tires on ultra type 50/51 wheels,
Hog exhaust (4" turbo back) & superchips tuner, Inside is an alpine deck with xm, a fosgte amp running a single infinity 10" sub, & a clarion amp running all the infinity door speakers, when not listening to tunes, the passengers can enjoy the two 7" screens & DVD player,

My 79 F-350 10" of total lift, disk brakes on all four corners, 38" swamper ssr tires on 12x16.5 weld typhoon wheels,
Interior is all new with seats from a 95 ford supercab, Pioneer premier deck, 3 fosgate amps, one 12" sub, 2 6x9's next to the rear seat & 6.5 components with tweeters in the front doors, all are infinity kappa perfect series speakers,
currently the truck is running a 501 ci bbf with a c-6 auto tranny, but is soon to be powered by a 97 5.9L cummins backed by an nv4500 tranny,

My 49 4x4, I don't have time to right it all down, & you don't have time to read it,
Short version is a 49 ford cab & doors on a 79 bronco frame, glass font clip, home made aluminum bed with galss fenders, custome interior with cage & 5pt harness, (no tunes in this one)
dana 70 diffs front & rear triangulated 4-link front & rear, king coil over shocks front & rear, hydraulic steering, power comes from a 486 ci Blown & injected BBF with A-460 heads forged crank, blah,blah, blah,

There all in my gallery,

460 Crew 08-09-2006 10:32 PM

All the mods on the 70 that I could think of a while back, need to be revised but are in my gallery. Have yet to get a list together for the 77, thats kinda close to being on the road.

Link all your toys are sweet. what yr and size is you yamaha. I have a 2000 R1 way too much fun!!

Skipped_link 08-10-2006 02:13 PM

460, My bike is an 02 R1, & you are right, they are a lot of fun,

olfordsnstone 08-12-2006 05:47 PM

Rebuilt 1968 460 recently placed into my 74 F250 4x4. Replaced the stock Carb and Manifold with Eldelbrock Performer dual plane Mani and a 750 cfm carb. Next will be to replace the stock points dizzy with electronic ignition. Not sure which to choose on that yet. Any ideas?
New HD clutch and flywheel from L&L, Hooker Headers, Hooker 460 engine adapt motor mounts. Right now running 33" wheels/tires, but with all this torque I'm prolly gonna go to some 35's. Still quite a bit of rubber left right now so it may be a while for the tires. (especially at todays gas prices!)
The 05 Super Duty is bone stock... Some day I'll open up the exhaust on that one.

big hoss 29 08-12-2006 10:18 PM

oldfordsnstone, you need to look at a Mallory Unilite distributor. I got one for my 72 Ventura II and I've never regretted it. I got mine with mechanical advance because I want to run a bigger cam, (read less vacuum), and since I have drum brakes, no problem, but they have a vacuum advance model too. The timing is right on the money and it NEVER, NEVER moves at all, it's rock steady. I got it at Summit Racing when I lived in Sparks and in 4 years, I've never had to mess with it.

olfordsnstone 08-12-2006 10:34 PM

Thanks Mucho Hoss! Summit is where I plan to go for sure. I'll check into that Mallory. Great reply. Just what I needed to hear,

big hoss 29 08-12-2006 11:00 PM

I would highly recommend a power filter with that distributor. It plugs in-line with the rest of the wiring and it just keeps the L.E.D. unit inside the distributor from scrambling if you get a power spike, and it's only $15.

The best part is, Mallory is based in Carson City out by the airport, so customer service is right at your back door. My JEG's catalog has a dizzy for $225.99.

kermmydog 10-08-2006 01:51 AM

An 86 F250 4x4 460, Edlebrock Performer, Holley 4160, Cloyes TRUE Street roller timing set set 4 degrees adv TDC. dual 2.5" exhaust, Summit Turbos, 13" Ford Racing air cleaner. optional oil cooler. C-6 shift kit, optional trans cooler. Wheels. Pro Comp 9000 shocks. Camper Shell. matching Red spray-in bedliner. 5000# Air-Lift air springs. Stewart-Warner gauges, Summit Tach.