Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum88/)
-   -   T-Shirt Designs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/511996-t-shirt-designs.html)

artj66 07-24-2006 04:53 PM

T-Shirt Designs

OK guys, we need some opinions on the T-shirt designs here. The logo we have uses a total of 7 colors, and after talking with 2 screen printers about this, they explained the issue with additional costs (the machines can only print one color at a time). So we need to consider how much we want to cut back on the desig some, or if we want to keep what we have. Let me know what your choice is on the poll listed and of you choose one of the options with more than one color, let me know what colors you'd prefer...and yes, black does count as one of the colors.

-AJ

SuperSnake 07-24-2006 05:03 PM

Art one color is fine with me it doesn't have to be black.IMOP i think it will be easier and keep cost downs to keep the membership package affordable.

artj66 07-24-2006 05:28 PM

I'm thinking 2 colors...just a little something to add a bit of character.

slash31938 07-24-2006 10:38 PM

i think 2 or 3 colors would work great. which ever looks the best, and is the most cost-effective.

artj66 07-25-2006 07:25 AM

When I talk to Jim Gardner (Custom Shirts Online) and/or Roberto Giansiracusa (Gima Sportswear) today or tomorrow, I'll ask them what the difference is between the original logo and 1 or 2 colors. I'll post what they give me for pricing.

SuperSnake 07-25-2006 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by artj66
When I talk to Jim Gardner (Custom Shirts Online) and/or Roberto Giansiracusa (Gima Sportswear) today or tomorrow, I'll ask them what the difference is between the original logo and 1 or 2 colors. I'll post what they give me for pricing.

Cool that will help alot in making a decision

primer85f150 07-27-2006 02:01 PM

cool , having it 2 or 3 colors would be fine , whatever is affordable for now we can always upgrade later.

artj66 07-28-2006 04:02 PM

Here's the deal...Gima has said that 50 shirts with that kind of detail will either not be profitable for them or cost effective for us as we'd be looking at around $12-15 per shirt (depending on shirt brand), plus their $75 set-up fee. So that gives us a cost of $675 for 50 shirts, without figuring the cost of shipping.
Jim at Custom Shirts Online said to cut back on the colors would take the logo and make it a one dimensional thing, nothing like what we have. To do 50 shirts on the standard machine would run us about $450 plus his set up fee, so we're over $500 for the 50 shirts.
Jim's other option was to buy 500 logos on the big machine, all the colors as we designed it and no set-up fee, for $500 ($1 per logo). Custom Shirts Online will keep these logos in stock to be used whenever we order more shirts, until we use up the stock. By having these in stock, he can guarantee 2-3 day turnaround on future orders. The cost of the shirts would be $5 each. Therefore the shirt with the printed logo is a total of $6. To order 50 shirts and 500 logos will run us $750.
So, give me some ideas guys. Do we want to persue some of those options, or do we have some other places to call? I've tried about 5-6 places with responses similar to Gima or none at all. If we want to do the $750 processing, then I raise the next question: How does everyone feel about paying for 2-3 years up front to cover the cost of the shirts, and we'll offer two shirts to those who sign up for the longer term?

-AJ

SuperSnake 07-28-2006 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by artj66
Here's the deal...Gima has said that 50 shirts with that kind of detail will either not be profitable for them or cost effective for us as we'd be looking at around $12-15 per shirt (depending on shirt brand), plus their $75 set-up fee. So that gives us a cost of $675 for 50 shirts, without figuring the cost of shipping.
Jim at Custom Shirts Online said to cut back on the colors would take the logo and make it a one dimensional thing, nothing like what we have. To do 50 shirts on the standard machine would run us about $450 plus his set up fee, so we're over $500 for the 50 shirts.
Jim's other option was to buy 500 logos on the big machine, all the colors as we designed it and no set-up fee, for $500 ($1 per logo). Custom Shirts Online will keep these logos in stock to be used whenever we order more shirts, until we use up the stock. By having these in stock, he can guarantee 2-3 day turnaround on future orders. The cost of the shirts would be $5 each. Therefore the shirt with the printed logo is a total of $6. To order 50 shirts and 500 logos will run us $750.
So, give me some ideas guys. Do we want to persue some of those options, or do we have some other places to call? I've tried about 5-6 places with responses similar to Gima or none at all. If we want to do the $750 processing, then I raise the next question: How does everyone feel about paying for 2-3 years up front to cover the cost of the shirts, and we'll offer two shirts to those who sign up for the longer term?

-AJ

Thats a great deal of money for 7 people to come up with.I hate to say this but maybe we need to come up with another idea instead of shirts and hats.
But a laminated membership card and a sticker for a membership fee that would compare to FTE of $15.99 a year and access to our own chapter website.

artj66 07-28-2006 04:51 PM

I know what you're saying. I was really hoping that at $25 per year, $40 for 2 that we could swing the shirts. but even that only gives us $280. We're still almost $500 short.

-AJ

SuperSnake 07-28-2006 04:59 PM

I will be moving to Monroe Next week it's finally all set maybe we can have a meeting at my place the 2nd or 3rd week in Aug so we can talk about this and get everything decided.Then we Can have a Potluck Cookout

SuperSnake 07-28-2006 05:03 PM

We can go to O'Reillys and get a blue Ford Hat for about $10.00 if each member wants to and a Ford shirt from a store that sells them.

primer85f150 07-28-2006 05:44 PM

we could look at making our own with the printer for now , they dont last long , but would be good for now.

SuperSnake 07-28-2006 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by primer85f150
we could look at making our own with the printer for now , they dont last long , but would be good for now.

Thats a Idea how would that work?

primer85f150 07-28-2006 05:53 PM

we buy the iron on paper and print it on the computer and then iron it or take it to a shop and pay a couple of $$ to get it pressed.