Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum181/)
-   -   Nevada Chapter intergalactic headquarters (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/510704-nevada-chapter-intergalactic-headquarters.html)

Bdox 07-19-2006 11:48 PM

Nevada Chapter intergalactic headquarters

This is going to be tough. Las Vegas area members and Reno members need to come up with half-way meeting ground so half the folks don't need two extra days for just driving. Of course it has to be sophisticated, (have beer and food,) stylish, (roofs, some shade,) high-tech, (rv hook-ups, motel,) and be equipped with infrastructure. (gas station, water.) So, where in the entire universe could possibly meet our high standards? It must be.......... (drum roll here!) The new FTE Nevada Chapter International meeting grounds and pow-wow center..........
.....TONOPAH!

OK, so I was really only thinking about the drive. Maybe early October?

Vern69 07-29-2006 11:00 PM

Works for me. Should someone warn the locals? Nah. What fun would there be in that? Do they have their own police force there or just state/county?:-D

Bdox 07-30-2006 12:07 AM

If there's only two of us it shouldn't be too hard to maintain a low profile.

North meets South!

05XLT 07-30-2006 03:14 AM

I know someone who lives in Tonopah... I've never been there though!

Vern69 07-30-2006 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bdox

North meets South!

That depends on just how much beer is involved!:-drink

05XLT 08-26-2006 05:34 PM

North meets South!

If we do this... lets make it the whole chapter... a Manditory (sp) Chapter meet!
The question I have is, what is there to do there?

Bdox 08-26-2006 05:55 PM

Good idea, but my impression is that these chapters are at best loose affiliations. I don't believe that there is any manditory in the lexicon of this group of mavericks. How about we just invite everyone to come instead?

frty7ford 08-26-2006 10:22 PM

hey I can show up although i just found out about the chapter I am not on here very much and usually only in the 65 and 47 boards

Bdox 08-27-2006 01:01 AM

Cool Jim.

I guess when you live in Elko, everything is quite a drive.

Hey guys, I saw Skipped Link's 49 mud bog truck tonight out at Boomtown. He brought it all the way to Reno to compete at their event and they didn't have a mud event after they told him they would. He was remarkably cool about it. My point though is that truck of his is a masterpiece!!! (It's race only.)

olfordsnstone 08-27-2006 11:54 AM

(It's race only.)

:-missingt Tell that to his nieghbor :-missingt
Yup, Bdox, that is one nice piece of machinery. All Ford too.
remember, he WILL be competing September 30 at Fallon. I think this will be a must do event, if at all possible for the membership. :-X22

Skipped_link 08-29-2006 10:31 AM

Olfordsnstone, & Bdox,
Thanks for the kind words about the truck, it was a pleasure meeting both of you,
Hopefully the next chapter meet might be a little more quiet for a little more b.s.ing.

If I'm off work for the meet in tonopah I'm game & will try to make it down,

olfordsnstone 08-29-2006 01:22 PM

Skipped, I'm looking forward to seeing you run that truck of yours out in Fallon. Are you still scheduled to compete?
My schedule shows me as off duty on that weekend. So far it looks good for my attendance in the stands. Unless something unforseen at work should occur (with my job it is remotely possible) that changes things up, I'm going to plan on being there.

Skipped_link 08-29-2006 01:31 PM

I do have to take that day off, that should not be a problem, after that is squared away I only have to depend on the fallon track to not cancel,

I'll know more about the days off in a day or so, as far as the track I hope we can count on them.

Bdox 08-29-2006 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Skipped_link
I do have to take that day off, that should not be a problem, after that is squared away I only have to depend on the fallon track to not cancel,

I'll know more about the days off in a day or so, as far as the track I hope we can count on them.

Keep us updated, I'd sure like to see your truck in action!

frty7ford 09-02-2006 02:46 AM

Fallon loves their mud bogs I dont think they will cancel. I watched them last year they usually have several during the year. better than Elko's you might even get it out of first gear this time