Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum181/)
-   -   Advertising your Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/506490-advertising-your-chapter.html)

WillyB 07-05-2006 10:10 AM

Advertising your Chapter

The best advertising for your chapter is when chapter members post in other forums - assuming the post helps other members. The idea is that someone reads your post and thinks that he would like to talk more with you.

Chapter members who are also FTE supporters can have their signatures show at the bottom of each post, like mine does. It is a great way to spread the word on your new chapter.

You can also add a link in your signature that will take anyone who clicks on it to the join chapter function - makes it easy for them to join. You do so in the "edit signature" part of the "User CP". Type whatever message you want to show, highlight it, and click on the "insert link" button (globe with a chain link in front of it.)

The address you need to type in the pop up box that appears is: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...usergroupid=75 (you can cut and paste this into your box)

You can see my signature for an example - and please email me if you have any problems with this.

btw, the header above the post used to identify me as a chapter leader - I changed it to the normal FTE ID just so if I upset someone with something I posted they would not be turned off from joining the chapter! I also turn off the signature if I am going to post something that might upset someone.

Vern69 07-05-2006 11:48 PM

Hey WillyB, thanks again for the advice. I have indeed modified my sig to link up to the chapter.:-X22

edit: I also threw a couple posts up in the General forums just to get the word out.

WillyB 07-06-2006 12:15 AM

Vern, your link takes you to the chapter forum, which is good.

However not everyone knows how to join the group, or even that you need to. You need to include the php command line to take the person directly to the join group page.

If you will check the profile of a lot of the people posting here you will see that not many of them have actually joind the group!

On Edit:

In fact, neigher you nor 05XLT (who wishes to become chapter leader) are members of the Nevada Chapter - - - like I said, not many posters know you need to join to be a member!:-D

Vern69 07-06-2006 07:41 AM

That's because I've never been able to find a link to "Join Chapter" for Nevada yet. However, when I followed the link you posted above, it made me a member. While Nevada still didn't show up in the list of available chapters to join, it does show up now as one that I'm already a member of. As we don't have a chapter leader yet, there's no one to approve memberships anyway. Something squirelly here...:-huh

Either way, I'll still leave my sig link to the forum. That's where I'd want to be taken so I can see the threads.

WillyB 07-06-2006 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Vern69
While Nevada still didn't show up in the list of available chapters to join, it does show up now as one that I'm already a member of. As we don't have a chapter leader yet, there's no one to approve memberships anyway. Something squirelly here...:-huh

I agree it is funny - I see Nevada listed on my available chapters to join in my CP, and that approval is automatic.

When we tried to get the Northern California chapter approval set to automatic it could not be done.:-X21

Something squirelly here...:-huh

05XLT 07-06-2006 10:39 PM

Ok, so does anybody know, for sure, how to join???

05XLT 07-06-2006 10:59 PM

How do I get my sig to show on my posts? Why does my sig give the link but It doesn't say what I want it to?

Vern69 07-06-2006 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by 05XLT
How do I get my sig to show on my posts? Why does my sig give the link but It doesn't say what I want it to?

Your sig will only show if you become a supporter of FTE. It's dirt cheap and well worth supporting in my opinion.

I don't know for sure how to join. Like I was saying earlier, when I followed WillyB's link above, it led me to a page that listed all the available chapters for joining. It did not show Nevada in the list, but when I tried to go back to it later, it said I was already a member. I give up.

WillyB 07-06-2006 11:04 PM

You have to highlight the part you want to link - like the "Check it out!". Then you do the insert link thing.

You have to be a FTE Supporter for the sig to show in your posts.

WillyB 07-06-2006 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Vern69
Like I was saying earlier, when I followed WillyB's link above, it led me to a page that listed all the available chapters for joining. It did not show Nevada in the list, but when I tried to go back to it later, it said I was already a member. I give up.

The php command in the link did more than take you to the signup page, it made you a member of the chapter. Therefore, when it completed is function it shows what other chapters you can join.

Once you click on the link you are a member!

Since you were already a member of the Nevada chapter it did not show that one.