Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Car/truck Buying Advice (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum22/)
-   -   What is: A, D, X, Z plan pricing??? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/503427-what-is-a-d-x-z-plan-pricing.html)

biz4two 06-23-2006 07:36 PM

What is: A, D, X, Z plan pricing???

I see this all the time, but how do we qualify???? :-huh

What is???
A - plan pricing through Ford
D - plan pricing through Ford
X - plan pricing through Ford
Z - plan pricing through Ford

Thanks!
biz
:-X22

polarbear 06-23-2006 08:01 PM

"Search" is your friend. :-D

A/Z= Ford employees, retirees, or immediate family members (parents/children)

D= Dealership employees, retirees, or immediate family members

X= Ford strategic business partners and their employees. This can also be given out by Ford employees.

Pricing is identified on each invoice. The lowest is, of course, the employee deal (A,D,Z)- but you have to qualify to get it. X-Plan is a bit higher, pretty close to dealer invoice amount actually.

*private offers can generally not be used with any of the Plan prices.

biz4two 06-23-2006 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by polarbear
"Search" is your friend. :-D

I know what you mean about the search feature, but to much wasted time on that...and no real answers. ;)

Pricing is identified on each invoice. The lowest is, of course, the employee deal (A,D,Z)- but you have to qualify to get it. X-Plan is a bit higher, pretty close to dealer invoice amount actually.
Ok, just a bit of clarity. So the lowest and better plans are the A/Z and D plans.

So, with the FTE pricing plan ($200 below invoice), that is almost equal to the X plan? Correct?

How far off is the X plan really from invoice?

I really appreciate all the clarification...Thanks!

biz
:-wink

polarbear 06-24-2006 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by biz4two
I know what you mean about the search feature, but to much wasted time on that...and no real answers. ;)

Ok, just a bit of clarity. So the lowest and better plans are the A/Z and D plans.

So, with the FTE pricing plan ($200 below invoice), that is almost equal to the X plan? Correct?

How far off is the X plan really from invoice?

I really appreciate all the clarification...Thanks!

biz
:-wink

I thought I did clarify that- X-plan is a little below invoice (50 to 100 bucks, depending). FTE is $200 below that. A/D/Z plans are employee/retiree plans only- can't slide in through the backdoor on those things. You either qualify or you don't.

Bart99GT 06-29-2006 02:08 PM

Ford has become a little more liberal with A and Z plan over the years though. Back when I bought my 99 Mustang GT, only my parents were eligible for Z plan because it would only cover an employee's children (my mother) and their spouse. A couple of years later Ford expanded it to include a broader range of family members, undoubtedly just so they could sell more vehicles. When my brother bought his 2002 Ranger he was able to qualify for the Z plan then.

Depending on the invoice price of the vehicle, I've seen A/Z plan deals be as low as a couple of thousand dollars under the invoice price. In the case of the Mustang I purchased, it would have been about $750-1500 (its been a while!) under the invoice price of the car if I'm not mistaken.