Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   Racing in the Keystone State (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/502903-racing-in-the-keystone-state.html)

GreenHornet79 06-21-2006 07:40 PM

Racing in the Keystone State

Anybody enjoying some good local racing in PA? I know there some good ovals, dirt and asphalt, across the state but they never seem to make a big scene around here. I'm from south-central PA and we got a couple good ones around here, Shippensburg, Clyde Martin, etc. So whats your local track of choice for a good weekend show?

96P_Stroke4x4 06-22-2006 11:32 AM

i'm not too sure of any in the southeastern part of the state. does route 1 through philly count as a drag strip? plenty of red, yellow, green trees along the way and you can run 6 lanes at a time lol just kidding. seriously, the closest i know of around here are in jersey, either atco or englishtown.

soondg 06-22-2006 06:54 PM

Gui88 is near Maple Grove raceway

soondg 06-22-2006 07:01 PM

The train parking lot off of I95 Between Street Rd. and Woodhaven Rd. near Phila they where having drifting competitions and bike rodeos. Don't know if they're still doing them though.

96P_Stroke4x4 06-23-2006 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by soondg
The train parking lot off of I95 Between Street Rd. and Woodhaven Rd. near Phila they where having drifting competitions and bike rodeos. Don't know if they're still doing them though.

yea, that's another good place at night or on weekends, except for when a cop is sitting there x(

GreenHornet79 06-23-2006 05:50 PM

Yeah, I don't think the Boulevard and Rt 1 really count as racetracks. I've heard about some pretty bad wrecks down that way with ricers and crotch rockets racing.

soondg 06-25-2006 01:39 AM

I did race a couple of civics with fart in the can exhausts with my sons stock 92 4.0 Tempo GL on Rte 1( the Boulevard to us in Philly) they must have felt burnt to have an old guy in a grannies car beat them. My kid was pissed though :-arrgh, hollared at dad for racing his car and said i'm not allowed to drive it anymore, but i couldn't resist. It's probably senility ;confused setting in so i can't be held responsable for my actions.:-X10

bremen242 06-29-2006 04:30 PM

I grew up 2 miles from challanger raceway in mcintyre, and about 10 miles from pgh raceway park.. never been to either though...

I've been to hidden valley speedway in clearfield, and it was a nice dirttrack.. a buddy of mine used to race his studabaker and dog hollow in evansburg though..

soondg 06-29-2006 07:55 PM

Maybe guys can post some local events in their areas, truck shows, pulls, mud racing various stuff. Then other members can come to them from time to time, good chance to meet other members even if it's only one at a time. I was fortunate to meet Matt(96P-stroke4X4) at the Buck Smoke and Thunder Nationals in Quarryville was a great day and meet a good guy. If we can migrate the pictures over to the Pennsylvania Chapter you can see some of the great shots he took.

96P_Stroke4x4 06-29-2006 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by soondg
I was fortunate to meet Matt(96P-stroke4X4) at the Buck Smoke and Thunder Nationals in Quarryville was a great day and meet a good guy. If we can migrate the pictures over to the Pennsylvania Chapter you can see some of the great shots he took.

thanks Joe. that goes both ways. i might as well post the link to my webshots account with the pics from the smoke and thunder nationals here i'd add some pics but i think i will fall asleep before i get to that tonight

soondg 06-29-2006 10:45 PM

Dang Matt,
You sound like you had to work today, the real worlds a bit*h, keeps getting in the way of our fun.

BPofMD 06-30-2006 08:50 AM

....and don't forget, just 'cause it's in MD, just south of Chambersburg, PA is Hagerstown Raceway.

soondg 07-01-2006 02:28 PM

Hey BP,
we'll take that as a default since so many PA. people probably go there.:)

gui88ford 07-02-2006 10:14 PM

Hey all,

I am about a mile from Maple Grove Raceway....home of the Lucis oil nationals every year.....very nice track....lots of events during the year.....friday nights they have Grudge Races where anyone can take their street car and race it down the track....just like a real race with the tree and everything....usually a lof of muscle cars...some imports....bikes......it's a good time....they have somethign just about every weekend all summer long.....

www.maplegroveraceway.com

Pacerguyel2 07-09-2006 04:43 PM

hey guys there is a dirt track at least I believe it is a dirt track on rt. 100 near Pottstown, never been there yet and also Cecil County, Maple Grove and The Buck Motorsports Park, anyone go last night to the ntpa nationals?? Excellent show, I have some pictures but how do I post them on this site for all to see???? Thanks