Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Future tennessean (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/496645-future-tennessean.html)

desperado_18_2000 05-30-2006 12:46 AM

Future tennessean

I'm thinking about moving up to Tn shortly. Glad there is a chapter dedicated to it unlike my home state. Anybody know anything about Manchester and Winchester TN? I'll be somewhere in that area hopefully by the end of next month. (Jun 30-July-4).

Just wanted to drop in and say hey! :-X06

tex25025 05-30-2006 10:56 AM

I don't spend alot of time in manchester, only go round there when I'm heading to McMinnville to get trees to bring up to Franklin. Winchester I know a little more about, show horse sometimes at the pavillion, I'm not to fond of having to deal with their town square, but other then that it's not a bad place. The Oasis is a good place to eat(one of the few actually).

desperado_18_2000 06-22-2006 02:53 AM

Well the day is drawing closer. I'll be leaving out for the area around i think its Arnold AFB. Somewhere inbetween Manchester, Tullohoma, that area there.

My 83 F-150 will be making the trip with me, i just hope it holds up till i get'er there.

tex25025 06-22-2006 07:48 AM

Ok, I know that area there. I have to go out that way Saturday, when I have to help my girlfriend and her mom do a Farmer's Market that they have out there, I have to go right through that Airforce Base.

desperado_18_2000 06-22-2006 11:20 AM

I wont be in the area till not this sunday but the one afterward. I'm just hoping my poor old truck makes it that far. I won't be online for a lil bit, but that shouldn't be a problem for too long.

bf250 06-26-2006 11:05 AM

my friends dad is retired Air Force and lives up in manchester, its a nice place i think, he picked it to get out of north florida. and its close to nashville, which is a bonus.

tex25025 06-26-2006 04:51 PM

Well I have been hearing that they have been having a little drug problem down there though. Small town, not enough for kids to do, so they get involved in that stuff. You know, I have seen anti-drug billboards in that town, and having grown up in Plano(which is about 20 miles from Dallas) and you would think both those places would have anti-drug signs, but I've only seen them in Manchester. However, that's just what I've heard, I've never been involved with that stuff(known some that did, but I've never so much tried a smoke, let alone drugs, so I'm a little out of that scene period).

desperado_18_2000 06-26-2006 06:23 PM

Thankfully i don't have any kids yet myself. I'm trying to get pretty far out into the country, i've been cooped up here in the city for so long myself i've forgotten what wide open spaces are till i hit the interstate or highway.

Besides, being on the coast and moving to TN, i'll get to see something i have never seen around christmas in my life. SNOW!! I'm hoping it goes well, this is my first big move.

tex25025 06-26-2006 06:44 PM

Well I kinda miss the city myself to a degree. I guess Dallas is a different kind of city then New York, Miami, or L.A., but it just had a lot to do, and round here, there just isn't much, even in a growing area that I am in, everything pretty much shuts down round 9. We had snow growing up, it would snow a few times a year, but it would be gone in 3 days, here it might last a week to a week and a half depending on the temp. after the snow, that I really do miss about where I grew up was the quick time it took to recover from getting snow. Our biggest worry was ice more then anything. Ice back home was hell and it cause a lot of accidents, but you got used to it.

Greywolf 06-29-2006 05:15 PM

We get just enough snow around Memphis town to sorta think:

"Yep. That's what snow is..."

Generally once a year that lasts for any amount of time. One of the things an 82 lifted F100 is good for is blasting two wide ruts out to the road without having to pick up a shovel!

tex25025 06-29-2006 07:52 PM

There you go, that's the idea. I have toyed with the notion of addin some lift, but if I add too much then I can't hook up to the horse trailer and therefore, I wouldn't be able to make any money at all at the shows. Oh well, I'll just have to be jealous of all y'all that are able to.

desperado_18_2000 06-30-2006 09:40 AM

My 83 isn't lifted, and isn't 4x4 either. Though it doesn't need to be, as its going to become more of a "hotrod" rather than a true pickup. I've got my cousin looking at me a 79 F-150 4x4 400 c6 etc up in tn already.

So snows not a problem.. :-X22

Greywolf 06-30-2006 05:37 PM

Watch out for those C6's, its a tuff tranny, but it makes for an aweful thirsty truck at the gas pumps...

(It takes 40 horsepower just to run the tranny)