Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Greywolf, Greywolf, Greywolf........ (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/496031-greywolf-greywolf-greywolf.html)

Greywolf 05-27-2006 07:50 PM

Greywolf, Greywolf, Greywolf........

I look down the long lines of those threads and all I see is my own name answering them...

I wonder sometimes if I ought to just walk on out of here and let it go.

This ain't about me.
And I'm not Tennessee
Not all of it anyhow.

I think I'm fixin' to take me a long vacation

I will still look at the chapter membership authorisations, but you all go on and do what you want. Maybe it's best if I just git in the background.

It strikes me that I may have did too much before Y'all wanted to go there.

Fifty4F100 05-27-2006 08:49 PM

Honestly there wouldn't be a TN chapter if it hadn't been for you! The rest of us are just too lazy. I hope you don't stay in the background too long.

westtntrucker 05-27-2006 11:25 PM

Not to be an asswipe about this, but when i joined, i tried to get some meets going (paris, then a fishing trip) but it seems everyone had an excuse not to be there. So it gets to the point of why try? I understand your frustration Greywolf, it seems there are a few arm chair truckers here. But on the same token, set a meet, be there no matter what, and then ask why everyone didn't make it. I know fuel prices are high right now, but if your budget is that thin then go ahead and dump the truck and get a treehugger car. Part of my monthly budget is strictly for entertainment. no matter what, we try and do something with the kids. And usually we take the truck. The one that gets an enviromentaly friendly 15-16 mpg.

Why not try 3 sub chapters as our state is very long indeed. West, Central, East. Each subchapter can set there own monthly meets, triangulate the locations and then hold runs where every one will share in the milage, then every 3-4 months, do a nashville run to get it all together.

Also, what is being done to bring in new members that do not know this site even exists? We need to figure out how to bring awareness to ford owners we are here. (spotters cards free for downloading?????????).

Alright, I stepped down from the soap box, took a cold shower, and put on my nomex undies......FLAME AWAY!

Greywolf 05-28-2006 04:37 AM

Well, I just think that even though I live here, I ain't FROM here - if you see what I mean. And sometimes I wonder if folk look in and see some retired fella that ain't from around here, and wonder if they need to measure up to something I never said they did - or if I need to come down off my own high horse...

A day don't go by lately that I don't meet someone with a new perspective on things that I never thought about before, or I see something I read about but never really saw in real life. And things like that don't become a part of you until you find yourself standing right there in the middle of it. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's kind of like a cow-pie to some extent... :-D

Hell, I'm not even sure if my garden is going to grow right this year. And to my way of thinking - if I can't even get bell peppers to spring up, who the heck am I to raise a chapter? It's kind of like I said already, the Tennessee Chapter is about folk from Tennessee. What am I? A hot pepper in the middle of a field of sweet corn? Sometimes I think it's just like that - as if I'm making the other members lean away from me.

I suppose I could always grow tomatoes, but I get tired of propping the dang things up!

Then again - the best way to grow toms is to put them in a tub somewhere up high, and let them hang out and down as low as they want to... In fact - this all just gave me a truly fine idea! And it ain't too late in the season to launch some beefsteak sprouts.

Y'all rustle up what Y'all want to do. I'm going to mess around in my garden most of this summer.