Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum152/)
-   -   Fairbanks show and shine / Ice cream social (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/492172-fairbanks-show-and-shine-ice-cream-social.html)

Twin Tritons 05-14-2006 10:31 AM

Fairbanks show and shine / Ice cream social

I know Mike has a thread looking for a bigger Meet and Greet involving a BBQ, but I was thinking more along the lines of a informal Show and Shine / Ice cream social.

Say meet (with your Ford truck of course) in a parking lot of Coldstone (Fred Meyer), visit a little, check out everyone elses trucks, then get some ice cream (buy your own). Drop the tail gate and hang out eating ice cream.

A big gathering of Ford trucks in the Fred Meyer parking lot along the Old Steese by the gas station could draw some attention. Maybe get new people aware of the forum if they stopped by. Did I mention you also get to eat some good ice cream? :-D

We could do this in addition to a BBQ Meet and Greet later in the summer. I was thinking maybe Saturday evening, say 6 PM to 8 PM. Give people working during the week time to wash their truck Saturday before showing up. I think this could help raise everyone's interest in a bigger Meet and Greet later in the summer.

Please let me know if this sounds interesting to you. At the very least I'll show up with my 2 trucks and enjoy some ice cream.

mlb4966 05-15-2006 12:22 AM

Ah man I wont be able to attend. Hopefully some time this summer I will make it up your way for a day or two and I do like the idea of an Ice Cream Social. I will be in Willow the 2-5 of June if anyone want to do TT idea.

Hawkins 05-16-2006 02:43 PM

Twins,
Sounds great but we can't make it this weekend. We are heading down to Anchorage on Thursday for the state truck driving championship. Some other weekend would be great.

Twin Tritons 05-19-2006 09:26 AM

Anybody planning on showing up tomorrow, Saturday the 20th. Two hours is a long time for me to wait if no one is showing up. Please reply if you plan on stopping by. Thanks.

Twin Tritons 05-20-2006 06:40 PM

OK, looks like there is no interest in this right now. Maybe we'll see if we can re-schedule it for later in the summer.

mlb4966 05-22-2006 11:41 PM

How does the 21-24 of July sound???? I am going to try to make it up there (Chena Lakes) that weekend for a meet and greet. We will leave here the morning of the 21st and be in Fairbanks around 4ish. Probley head back the 23rd and camp out around Paxon. Breaks the return trip up somewhat. Good thing about camping is there is no concerns with BBQ and your favorite beverage.

My kids love the park with the train, riverboat, ect. I think its called Alaskaland??? So we,my family will spend some of the 22nd in town. Anyway are you free that weekend or up north??

Twin Tritons 05-23-2006 09:50 AM

Unsure of my schedule at the moment. I am trying to work it out so I can have dates off to attend my son's soccer tournaments in Anchorage this summer. I may be able to attend, but won't know until the week before.

AK Fifty-Three 06-20-2006 11:53 PM

Guess I missed out on this. When is the next one?

Also, there is the annual All Truck Show at American Tire on South Cushman on Saturday, July 8th. It is put on by the Midnight Sun Classic Tailgaters. This is usually the biggest "car" show in the Interior (and it's all trucks). Might be a great time to get together.

Twin Tritons 06-21-2006 10:38 AM

There was no one that committed last time so we didn't have one. I sure would like to try get one together sometime. It's nice to meet others face to face. So far, I've only met Hawkins, but I don't see him online anymore.

If anyone is interested in trying the Fred Meyer parking lot / Cold Stone Ice Cream, I will be in town June 26th through July 10th.

AK Fifty-three, my truck is no where near "show" quality, so I don't think I'd to the All Truck Show. I may stop by and see other trucks though. Thanks for the info.

Hawkins 06-21-2006 10:45 AM

Sound good to me, Pick a date We'll be there