Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   who likes the taste of beer (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/490067-who-likes-the-taste-of-beer.html)

fords_forlife 05-06-2006 10:56 PM

who likes the taste of beer

just wondering if I'm just that odd or if it's a matter of getting use to the taste. I don't mind it so much if it's ice cold but anything less and I just can't drink it. I like the flavored stuff like skyy, bacardi, and so on. I haven't really tryed harder stuff yet but I'm just curious.

FORDS_FORLIFE

JD717 05-06-2006 11:32 PM

I like budweiser, if its warm or cold its still good. it may be an aquired taste, I dont know for sure.

defence18 05-06-2006 11:33 PM

It gets better with time. When I first had it, I could barely choke it down (probably b/c it was Coors Light) . Now, its like water. Sweet tasting, nectar of life water...

MisterCMK 05-07-2006 12:11 AM

Mmmmm, beer...

OSin86 05-07-2006 07:47 AM

I started out on lite bear and now I prefer atleast a red. I like the taste of my brands not just beer in general.

bf250 05-07-2006 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by fords_forlife
just wondering if I'm just that odd or if it's a matter of getting use to the taste. I don't mind it so much if it's ice cold but anything less and I just can't drink it. I like the flavored stuff like skyy, bacardi, and so on. I haven't really tryed harder stuff yet but I'm just curious.

FORDS_FORLIFE

because you probably havn't tasted real beer yet, just some off shelf bought coors lite or something.

the big brands are just a waste, try finding some micro brews somewhere(some are good, alot are bad) or take a trip out to eastern europe or russia and get some real taste going on, then you will really enjoy the taste.

skyy and bacardi are for the women and for guys who like it to match their clothes while drinking it(aawwwww how cute!)

for me its baltica 9, sibersky corona, or a rum and coke when its time to get drunk.

Franken-Truck 05-07-2006 10:08 AM

Don't like Coors or Bud or what ever the other "National" crap is on the shelves that you can buy for penies on the gallon that taste like crap :-X10

I prefer darker beer, much better flavor, and smoother. I think Coors and the like do so well is becuase people can get wasted for cheap. But my $6.00 six pack of Yuengling can get expensive if you want to get drunk (I rarely drink though) :-X22

Corona is good too, just pick up a few limes to drop in the top.

Beer is like everything else in this world, you get what you pay for :-X06

bigdaddyII 05-07-2006 01:25 PM

I hear from a lot of people that beer is an acquired taste. It wasnt for me, I loved it from the first sip. Like Franken-Truck and bf250 said, like almost everything else in life, you get what you pay for, beer is no exception. My favorite grocery store beer is Bud Ice, or Rolling Rock. A few imports I like are Red Stripe and Heinekin. Dont really like to get drunk so I dont do the hard stuff much but do enjoy a good rum and coke once in a while. I drank moonshine once, never, ever going there again it still hurts, and never really liked vodka.

FghtinIrshNvrDie 05-07-2006 03:34 PM

gag me with a friggin spork... beer just makes my stomach turn. I don't ever drink it, but I don't drink anything, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Ryan

Cuda444 05-07-2006 04:01 PM

Franken, is Yuengling only available down in VA and PA? My gf goes to school in PA, I've been dying to try some... I'll have to get a 6 pack next time I visit :)

For me, beer was an acquired taste. I never really drank in highschool, just didn't like the taste, didn't appeal to me etc. I had one or two here and there, and then started trying different beers (other than keystone and natty light) and developed a taste. Now I'll drink just about anything. I'll drink the cheap stuff at a college party, but if I'm drinking for taste, you gotta get the good stuff. After this group meeting of mine... I'm gunna crack a nice Beamish... Mmm. So much good beer, so little time.

Tom

jimbo beam 05-07-2006 04:06 PM

how bout good ole PBR, diareah in a can.

I dont really care for the taste of beer, nor do i care for the constant running to the bathroom to wiz like a race horse after drinking enouth to get a buzz.

i tend to stick with jack, jim, vodka, or the captain mixed with something, or if we're really looking to get trashed then we pick up some everclear.

Franken-Truck 05-07-2006 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cuda444
Franken, is Yuengling only available down in VA and PA? My gf goes to school in PA, I've been dying to try some... I'll have to get a 6 pack next time I visit :)

Tom

I really don't know, it might be available in other neighboring states as well. I DO know its not available every where though. Heck, it's only been down here for 5-6 years as far as I remember. And only last year did I see a commercial for it :-X21

Its the best though, you'll love it :-X22

Edit: Seems to have made it farther south than I had imagined http://www.yuengling.com/distrib.htm

fords_forlife 05-07-2006 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by bf250
skyy and bacardi are for the women and for guys who like it to match their clothes while drinking it(aawwwww how cute!)
I figured at least someone would say that but oh well. guess i need to start tastin more brands of beer as well as harder stuff. I've been wanting to try corona for a while but have heard mixed opinions.

FORDS_FORLIFE

MisterCMK 05-07-2006 07:09 PM

Bah, just get a case of budweiser and call it a day. :D

bigdogxl2000 05-07-2006 07:15 PM

stick with jack and coke : )