Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   It's good to be mobile again (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/485932-its-good-to-be-mobile-again.html)

sirkt 04-22-2006 09:52 PM

It's good to be mobile again

Well after 8 months of not having a truck I am mobile again. My new baby is a 1992 full sized Bronco with a 302 and a 5 speed. Today was nice so a washed her up and it cleaned up real nice. Believe me you don't know how hard it is not to have your own transportation. For example, I went on my first date in the new truck yesterday and it was sooo nice not having to bum my dad's truck.

If you want to see pictures of her click her https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...&albumid=21937 (the truck not the girl ;) )

muscletruck7379 04-23-2006 12:35 AM

nice, very slick. its even a 5 gear

i know what you mean, i haven't drove my highboy since halloween, and my bronco even before that. but i just got in the engine kit for my bronco(84) so it should be done in about a month or so before it can tear up the streets again.

now about that girl...

Beast12 04-23-2006 06:19 AM

That's a NICE truck! I would love to have one of those. Take the top off and go for a cruise...ya! :)

-Matt :-tap

captain p4 04-23-2006 07:44 AM

Nice truck, I'm saving up for one, haha.
Now time for a lift and some big tires... :-D

skilife17 04-23-2006 07:37 PM

That's a sweet lookin truck. My uncle got rid of 87 Bronco about a month ago because the rear main seal was leaking really bad. I know what you mean when you have to bum your dad's truck. I had to do that for school one day. Going to college with is felt like I was riding a rock. My dad has a 2wd ram and I love driving my 4wd F150.

jake00 04-23-2006 08:21 PM

thats a nice looking bronco

sirkt 04-25-2006 10:44 PM

Thanks for all the compliments guys. :-X20

condolan 04-25-2006 10:59 PM

You guys who had to bum off your dads for their truck are lucky. When I take my girl out and my old daily driver is in the garage (always something wrong with my Toyota), my dad gives me the keys to his '92 Ford Taurus (not a SHO). I must say though, even if it isn't the sweetest ride to take your girl in, it does have three things.
1. Stock sound system (cassette player) that sounds pretty good.
2. If you lay on it, that thing has some decent acceleration.
3. Gas mileage rules and the front-wheel-drive grips ice and snow like you wouldn't believe.

Nice Bronco.
-"$lick"

81fordf-250 04-26-2006 10:21 AM

Bumming ain't that bad

I bum my mom and dads cars all the time because I don't have to put gas in their cars or trucks. Most of my driving is short trip so I get horrible gas mileage. I just take dads truck and go.:-D All you need for the bronco is true dual exhaust with headers and flowmaster mufflers and no cats.

defence18 04-26-2006 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by condolan
You guys who had to bum off your dads for their truck are lucky. When I take my girl out and my old daily driver is in the garage (always something wrong with my Toyota), my dad gives me the keys to his '92 Ford Taurus (not a SHO). I must say though, even if it isn't the sweetest ride to take your girl in, it does have three things.
1. Stock sound system (cassette player) that sounds pretty good.
2. If you lay on it, that thing has some decent acceleration.
3. Gas mileage rules and the front-wheel-drive grips ice and snow like you wouldn't believe.

There is also one more advantage: both front and backseats are huge! ;)
I drove my dad's '90 Ford Taurus in high school till I wrecked it.

muscletruck7379 04-26-2006 09:41 PM

yeah... but chicks dig the broncos waaaaay more than they do taurus's!!!

sirkt 04-26-2006 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by muscletruck7379
yeah... but chicks dig the broncos waaaaay more than they do taurus's!!!

They sure do!!! Before I blew it up I was driving my parents Topaz. So I understand what y'all are saying abouth buming your parents cars. Been there done that. I took the truck (77 F-150) for the "important" dates and for all of em after the topaz blew up.