Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum152/)
-   -   Summer Time Meet & Greet - Fairbanks?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/485259-summer-time-meet-and-greet-fairbanks.html)

mlb4966 06-02-2006 02:38 AM

Just to keep this towards the top I am going to plan on the 22 & 23 in Fairbanks. If my TT has sold then I will still show with tents in hand. I have noticed that 94 people have SEEN this thread so hopefully some will show. I was thinking a big BBQ, some ICE CREAM and of course a cold beverage for those that are camping.

Mike B

Twin Tritons 06-03-2006 04:45 PM

My work schedule is not set in stone, so I cannot commit until closer to the date. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Have you picked a place yet?

mlb4966 06-06-2006 02:27 PM

Nope on the place. I will sit down and take a look at both of those that were suggested above.

mlb4966 06-14-2006 09:35 PM

Well I just sold my TT today so it looks like we will be tent camping. Great now I have to find a tent with an AC. Heck it hits 70 here and I have the AC on max. Spent last summer up there on the fire line so I know how hot you guys get. I could always sleep in the back of the truck and just leave the truck running all day. I figure it out.

I am going to get a new milepost since my last one was attacked by my 2 year old. What recommendations do you guy have that live up there?????

Thanks
Mike B

mlb4966 06-17-2006 01:11 AM

And it looks like we might buy a used, 94, 34ft 5th wheel so I might not have to tent it. Gota make sure the furnace, water, and other items work. Be a good trailer for the next 7-8 years while the boy grow.

Either way we shall be there.

mlb4966 06-20-2006 11:53 PM

Well we bought the 5ther so no tent camping for us. I just got a new milepost so I will take a look at those campgrounds to see which one we like.

AK Fifty-Three 06-20-2006 11:56 PM

mlb,

Might try Rosehip campground out Chena Hot Springs Road. There are many other campgrounds along CHSR as well. They're all on the river and you can't go wrong. If one is full just move on to the next. Might need a description of your truck and trailer to find you if you decide to go that route. Keep us posted on the plan.

Any riding left in Thompson Pass?

mlb4966 06-21-2006 02:52 PM

I will take a look and try to pick a few.

You could probley ride right at the notch and go up but I just dont have the time in the summer.

mlb4966 07-01-2006 12:54 AM

Boy not a lot of response here. Look like I will be camping with my family by ourselfs, again.

mlb4966 07-01-2006 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by AK Fifty-Three
mlb,

Might try Rosehip campground out Chena Hot Springs Road. There are many other campgrounds along CHSR as well. They're all on the river and you can't go wrong. If one is full just move on to the next. Might need a description of your truck and trailer to find you if you decide to go that route. Keep us posted on the plan.

Any riding left in Thompson Pass?

Guess I'm spoiled. Do they have power/hook up??

Twin Tritons 07-01-2006 10:39 AM

Mike, looks like I'm going to be out of town then so I'll miss the Meet and Greet.

Sounds like you're looking for a place with hook ups for sure, right? Maybe I can check out a few RV parks for you if you'd like.

Hawkins 07-02-2006 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Twin Tritons
Mike, looks like I'm going to be out of town then so I'll miss the Meet and Greet.

Sounds like you're looking for a place with hook ups for sure, right? Maybe I can check out a few RV parks for you if you'd like.

Mike,
if your looking for hookups try Rivers Edge RV park. Nice location sites are not real big, but it is quite. We have our 34' 5th in there right now.

http://www.riversedge.net/fairbanks-RV-park.htm

mlb4966 07-02-2006 10:38 PM

I was kinda hoping to get out of town. If we stay in town then well stay at a friends cabin just a few miles north of Seekin's Ford. Dont remember what road it is but its on top of a hill over looking Fairbanks. If I dont get any commitments for Rosehip, Red Squirrel then well stay there (In Town) and try to do a dinner get together. One way or another I want to spend that weekend in Fairbanks. Gota get out of Valdez here and there. This weekend trip and one in August will be my last longer trip for the year since school starts the end of August. Maybe a couple over nighters but they will be local.

Town would be nice since my kids love the train ride at Alaskaland or whatever they now call it.

mlb4966 07-26-2006 01:14 AM

Boy my luck and politics. Sat went and watch the Gold Rush parade. Didnt know it was that long or I would of brought chairs. Some politcal things here and there. Next day we went to Pioneer Park. Got there around 1045 and not a sole there. Did our thing and went to leave and holy cow people everwere. Guess a free lunch will bring them in. My only complaint was: Its to hot. Had to lay in front of the AC here and there to cool off. Same when I go south, to hot. Nice thing was the place we stay is at the top of Gilmore Trial so they always had some wind/breeze blowing through their place.