Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   question on CR swap meet this weekend (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/480586-question-on-cr-swap-meet-this-weekend.html)

scottjo 04-05-2006 10:27 PM

question on CR swap meet this weekend

Hey,

Has anybody here been to the car show that is happening this weekend in CR? I was debating if I should make the trip From Ames over there and hopefully find stuff for my 55 truck and my 67 mustang, Or is it not so much old truck and car stuff and more import and newer "junk". Just wondering

-Scott

fellro86 04-06-2006 04:19 AM

no car show with that swap meet... but it is put on by the Hawk A club, as in Model A... there is a variety of things htere, actually, the import stuff is generally a lower percentage of what is there. As for worth the drive, can't say, as I haven't found much myself lately but that is partially because I was unwilling to pay for what they were asking, and when you go on a very limited budget, you don't tend to look as hard. Mustang parts should be plentiful, the truck may or may not, depends who is hauling and all, there is a good chance of someone having something. The size of the swap meet is pretty good, but it is approaching about 30 years it has been held there... I won't be able to make it, was thinking about it, but now that some ja#$%&*# took off with two of my dogs, including my nursing momma, I have to scout the local dog sale happening the next few days, it ends this weekend.It's hard to call which day is better to go, as a seller, Saturday was better, but Sunday, other than the stuff that you might have missed, is better for buyers in that the price tag generally is lower... You want to be there fairly early, many vendors pull out shortly after noon.

fiftyfourdf100 04-06-2006 10:32 PM

I think it depends on what you are doing with both of those vehicle, if you are restoring, might not be worth the drive, but street-rod/custom, worth the drive. I live about 45 minutes from the swap meet, havent missed a year yet, last year I picked up a pair of 14" Mickey Thompsons on Mickey Thompson ET IV wheels for 50 bucks, and a pair of 7" Mickeys on the same wheels for another 50 bucks. Plus I got most the parts for my buddy's SBC that I built for him there, all new. Get there early, like 6 or 7 on sunday to get the best deals, but saturday is a good day too, depends on if you like to negotiate or not with people.

fiftyfourdf100 04-09-2006 10:51 PM

CR swap meet wasnt too bad this year, a lil small. But I got a set of new flowmaster 40 series for ($110 a pair) a tach($5), electric fan($10), and a 9" Ford for my pickup with good highway gears for $60, he was really wantin to get rid of it.

scottjo 04-09-2006 11:41 PM

I was looking for a good 4100 carb to rebuild I looked all over and found 3 at the entire place. 2 were beyond trying to rebuild and the other may be possibe to rebuild, but for 10 bucks for the pair of better looking ones it won't hurt any to have extra parts. other than that it was a good day to walk around and look at stuff I'd like but can't get right now cause of college.