Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   for country music fans (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/478201-for-country-music-fans.html)

89300L64x4 03-29-2006 11:19 PM

for country music fans

wats ur favorite country artist/band and worst?
mine is toby keith, sara evans, brooks&dunn, jason aldean, sugar lands good, alan jackson, just about all but dixie chicks :-X13

79f-250custom 03-30-2006 10:47 AM

im a rocker, i dont like that country junk. i like my AC~DC,zepplin, van halen, zz top, and ted nugent. then i like some harder stuff like rob zombie, and metallica.
LONG LIVE THE ROCKERS!!!
Mitch

twin66 03-30-2006 02:48 PM

Gee, not too many country fans in here. i like almost all of it, back to the late Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Horton, Kenny Rogers, George Jones, Alabam, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Big & Rich, Brooks & Dunn, Jason Aldean, Little Big Town, Blake Shelton, Roadhammers. All time favorite would have to be Toby Keith (and he loves his Fords)

79f-250custom 03-30-2006 03:14 PM

ohh ya i like johny cash also. i like 1 song from big and rich and 1 from little big town.
Mitch

john112deere 03-30-2006 03:18 PM

Top of my list would include: Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, and lots more I can't think of right now.

I like some of the newer stuff (Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, etc.), and but I think a lot of what gets played on the radio now is just pop crap. (I've also noticed that when I've been in other parts of the US, country radio seems better than it does in the northeast, especially Boston.)

460stick 03-30-2006 06:47 PM

Vans zant, alan jackson, kenny rogers, Montgomery Gentry, alabama, and more

bronco351 03-30-2006 07:11 PM

My new favorite is that girl that won american idol and has that new song out "jesus take the wheel". Shes a good singer and VERY easy on the eyes if you know what I mean :-X22

I also like Jimmy Buffet, Alan Jackson, Toby keith and of course George Straight.

The only ones I really hate are.....Kenny chesney ( I think the guys a fruit), and the dixie chicks especially the fat one. :-X14

jake00 03-30-2006 07:57 PM

Alan Toby, kenney C Brad paisley, Alabama, nitty gritty....

jgc2521 03-30-2006 09:06 PM

George Strait, Alabama, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Brooks & Dunn, Montgomery Gentry, Johnny Cash, Blake Shelton, ..........Sammy Kershaw, Chris Cagle, Tim Mcgraw, Garth Brooks, Keith Whitley, Clay Walker, Clint Black, Conway Twitty, JMM, John Anderson, Mark Chesnutt

I feel like bubba on forest gump tellin about all them shrimp. Maybe i shouldve just listed who i dont like.
-new kenny chesney, and alot of the new stuff

4020FarmBoy 03-30-2006 11:11 PM

I like Toby Keith, Montgomery Gentry, Clint Black, George Strait, along with a little Kieth Anderson and Big & Rich. I can't stand Rascal Flatts or the Dixie Chicks, or Gretchen Wilson. 4020FarmBoy

handyman43358 03-31-2006 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by jgc2521
George Strait, Alabama, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Brooks & Dunn, Montgomery Gentry, Johnny Cash, Blake Shelton, ..........Sammy Kershaw, Chris Cagle, Tim Mcgraw, Garth Brooks, Keith Whitley, Clay Walker, Clint Black, Conway Twitty, JMM, John Anderson, Mark Chesnutt

I feel like bubba on forest gump tellin about all them shrimp. Maybe i shouldve just listed who i dont like.
-new kenny chesney, and alot of the new stuff

Sounds like me and you are on the same page here buddy. Maybe if you add some Aaron Tippin, Doug Supernaw, Shenandoah and some Sawyer Brown, we'd be the same! lol.

I cant stand that Jesus take the damn wheel song. It's WAY overplayed here, but thats because the Columbus radio stations suck. I'll listen to WIMT 102.1 out of Lima anyday. If they overplay a song, it's a song like Van Zant's new one, and thats a damn good song right there.

Old Kenny Chesney is good, before he became a Beach Boy fruit. Rascall Flat's anymore sounds like N Sync, and have you been to one of their concerts? They play grab ass the whole time. I will NEVER go to another one of their concerts.

As for the newcomers, Van Zandt, Keith Anderson's new song is good (When I hear your name), Jamey Johnsons new song "The Dollar" (Thats a real country song right there, even SOUNDS like one!) I wasn't too crazy about Dierks Bentlys first album, but I love his second one that he has out now. Every song is good to listen to, especially "Lot of leavin left to do", "Come a little closer", and "Settle for a Slowdown" (His new one.)

Oh, and to whoever made the post stating that country music is "junk" and then told your favorite hair bands, why would you put that in a country music fan forum anyways? I believe theres a "Favorite Music" thread somewhere, and if there isn't MAKE ONE!:D

Ya'll have a terrific weekend, I'll be back Sunday night! Takin a trip to see the g/f in college in Portsmouth, 140 miles away! Gotta fuel up the ol Ranger and hit US 23!

NDrum2005 03-31-2006 07:22 PM

My fav's are Robert Earl Keen, Pat Green, Cross Canadian Ragweed, and Stoney LaRue.

I do listen to Big and Rich from time to time, but I dont consider it country music....more like some kind of comic/novelty music.

jgc2521 03-31-2006 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by handyman43358
Sounds like me and you are on the same page here buddy. Maybe if you add some Aaron Tippin, Doug Supernaw, Shenandoah and some Sawyer Brown, we'd be the same! lol.

I cant stand that Jesus take the damn wheel song.
Old Kenny Chesney is good, before he became a Beach Boy fruit.
Rascall Flat's anymore sounds like N Sync

As for the newcomers, Van Zandt, Keith Anderson's new song is good (When I hear your name), Jamey Johnsons new song "The Dollar" (Thats a real country song right there, even SOUNDS like one!)

Wow, dont know how i forgot those, but i like shenandoah, aaron tippin, sawyer brown, and Neal mccoy

89300L64x4 04-02-2006 02:11 PM

i agree they have great meaningful songs. did i menshin i love the cash man? and course lynard synard too

78_351M 04-02-2006 04:41 PM

all that you mention and more. my whole Ag mech class listensto country (you should hear us sing along :-D )