Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Camping (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/472809-camping.html)

CBSuperduty 03-15-2006 03:07 PM

Camping

The wife and I are going to look at an old travel trailer this weekend. Anyone else in the chapter go camping?

67nukeford 03-15-2006 04:35 PM

I've camped out at Mahoney (too close to interstate noise) and up in Wyoming. I'm trying to talk my brother into buying a camper trailer for him to pull, then I would go with him and pull my boat. Where do you plan on going C?

nikates 03-16-2006 12:01 AM

ive got a 26 footer cb. you've probly seen it and the womens parents down the street form your house

we go to viking alot

CBSuperduty 03-16-2006 09:01 AM

Pat... We have no idea. We have kicked the idea around a little bit before but we didn't want to dump a lot of money into it if we weren't going to like it. Well my wife is what I call..... High Maintenance! :-D She has to have AC (which isn't all bad either). Long story short is we found a 25' or 28' (can't remember now) 1975 Coachman. It is VERY dated but looked to be in decent shape from what I could tell in the pics. The guy is asking $800.00 for it. I of course won't pay that but you know how that goes. Supposed to go look at it this weekend. Best part is... My mom wants to split the cost with us so we can meet once or twice a year half way and spend a weekend (she's in the Twin Cities area).

nikates... Not sure that I have. The place I saw you at is on the corner of Elm or Coolage and Sharp. I thought it was just a younger crew that lived there and I don't recall seeing a camper but will look when I head home for lunch.

67nukeford 03-16-2006 12:19 PM

We have no idea. We have kicked the idea around a little bit before but we didn't want to dump a lot of money into it if we weren't going to like it. Well my wife is what I call..... High Maintenance!

I totally understand the "high Maintenance" part! My wife won't do the camping thing anymore without ac! I think your doing it smart, no sense spending a milliion bucks for something you may not use as much as you think. If you and the wife enjoy it, you can always trade up. I'm pretty much doing the same with my boat. I bought one that was ten years old, if we get alot of use out of it, we'll probably trade up in a few years. Let us know if you get it.

FordTrucksKickGM 03-16-2006 12:49 PM

Once a year I go canoing (if I spelled that right) and tent camping on the Niobrarah River (once again my spelling sucks) up by Valentine. This year I plan on taking a week vacation for the canoe trip and go out to Rapid City and tent camp all the way back home.

67nukeford 03-16-2006 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by FordTrucksKickGM
Once a year I go canoing (if I spelled that right) and tent camping on the Niobrarah River (once again my spelling sucks) up by Valentine. This year I plan on taking a week vacation for the canoe trip and go out to Rapid City and tent camp all the way back home.

I've heard that that is a pretty good time up there. A couple of the guys here in the shop do that once a year. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

1979 Ford 03-17-2006 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by FordTrucksKickGM
Once a year I go canoing (if I spelled that right) and tent camping on the Niobrarah River (once again my spelling sucks) up by Valentine.

I had the trip all planned out, to float down the river. My wife's grandmother decided it was time to pass away. The vacation was cancelled. That might be a good weekend getaway this summer. That would be a good july trip. I will be done with chemo, two months out.

67nukeford 03-18-2006 02:46 PM

That would be a good trip to celebrate the end of your chemo. How's it going by the way? My dad just finished his chemo sessions a little while ago. He had cancer in the lymph nodes of his neck. It was pretty hard on him, but he's doing good. I know that chemo is pretty tough on you.

150ford 03-18-2006 03:08 PM

Pat sorry to here that. It seems like there has been a rash off cancer around here latly as well. I wonder whats causing it all. An 79 hope your done with cancer an chemo by the time the trip comes.

1979 Ford 03-18-2006 04:08 PM

Not to bad. I am working when I am in town. I am quarter of the way though it. All my hair has fallen out. I need to stay away from sick people. My white blood cell count it really low. Monday out to Rapid City for five treatments, if I can get there, we are susposed to get a good spring storm.

Ask me in a week how I will feel.

67nukeford 03-20-2006 03:26 PM

You'll be in our thoughts 79, let us know how your doing.