Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chapter Meets Planning (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum157/)
-   -   FTE informal link-up (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/463691-fte-informal-link-up.html)

Bdox 02-19-2006 11:53 PM

FTE informal link-up

Well since I just read that the 2006 ralley has been cancelled, let me suggest an FTE informal link-up at HOT AUGUST NIGHTS in Reno this year. Among the many scenes (it is city wide,) during the week long event is terrific auction that is held in the Convention Center. (August, Reno, hot, air conditioned venue.) It's huge, lot's of cool cars on display and could easily absorb the extra crowd. Say make it the final Saturday of Hot August Nights. 11:00 to 4:00pm. Wear a red shirt so we will recognize each other! No further organizing needed.

So who likes it?

If you have never attended Hot August Nights, don't be missing out. You will like it. It starts the first weekend in August every year, goes through the next weekend. Check the web for exact dates.

Mil1ion 03-01-2006 04:38 PM

A RED shirt ?

How about FORD Blue ?

I have been wanting to go the HAN show in Reno for years.

Mil1ion 03-01-2006 04:47 PM

A RED shirt ?

How about FORD Blue ?

2000 excursion 03-01-2006 09:31 PM

Sounds like a good idea. I hope I can travell that far.

Bdox 03-01-2006 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mil1ion
A RED shirt ?

How about FORD Blue ?

Right on, FTE t-shirts, might work. Ford Blue works for sure. Blue Oval hats? Home made username name tags?

2000, you could find your way there sober!

2000 excursion 03-01-2006 10:32 PM

I dont know the five minute drive could be to far for me. I will be driving a jacked up excursion.

WillyB 03-06-2006 12:20 PM

Reno is our back yard - and we consider it part of our Chapter. The NorCal chapter will be there, passing out invitations for new members. I'm not sure how big a turnout we will get, but it will be one of our largest meetings.

If the Nevada Chapter gets started we will work with them, perhaps co-sponsor something - or just add our events to theirs. Many of our members come from Nevada, and some of us California people have already indicated we will also join the Nevada Chapter.

But anyway it works it will be fun for all, and FTE will be represented!

Bdox 03-06-2006 06:54 PM

Great! See you there!

Charlieboy6649 03-14-2006 10:22 PM

That's only a hop skip and a jump from Yuma. I may make it! I'll be on recruiting duty, so I've got to make mission first! :(

Bdox 03-14-2006 10:55 PM

Very good. Sounds like we might have a fun thing going on.

WillyB 03-14-2006 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Charlieboy6649
That's only a hop skip and a jump from Yuma. I may make it! I'll be on recruiting duty, so I've got to make mission first! :(

As I remember, it is a day's drive from Vegas to Reno - and it is easy to get lost in Vegas! But you will be welcome.

Let us know if and when!

Bdox 06-22-2006 12:25 PM

Hot August Nights... Reno

Just wanted to revive this thread as a reminder. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Bdox