Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   Anybody from Southeast Georgia? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/463553-anybody-from-southeast-georgia.html)

Georgian 02-19-2006 06:40 PM

Anybody from Southeast Georgia?

Hey yall. I'm from SE Georgia, around Brunswick, and was just wanting to say hey to all of yall who live down here in the Golden Isles. Also, I need to get my back main seal on my driveshaft replaced, as it is slowly leaking oil. Next, what are some good cheap, but produce quality work, body shops and paint shops around the Golden Isles? I know of a few, but the ones I know want an arm and a leg for just about anything and I dont know if any are reputable or do any good work. I'm not going to let someone work on my Ford if I dont have any info on em. Anyways, any of yall who know anything, please let me know, I'd surely appreciate it.

3broncocrazy 02-23-2006 06:19 AM

Hello Georgian, I'm from south central georgia - Tifton (yeah, NOTFIT) glad to have ya around. Not many us s/ga folks, heck i just learned how to peck on this lettered box thingy:-D just the other day.......Can't help with the shops, just wanted to say HELLO and stick around

old87 02-25-2006 02:37 AM

Hey Georgian!!

Welcome to Georgia F.T.E.!
Much of my childhood was spent on Jekyll while Pop did his salesman thang....
I love the Golden Isles with all my heart.
Dad now has a place on St. Simon's but we still choose to go to Jekyll.

Can't help with the shops either but just had to bump a Coastal Georgia thread!!!

BIG-COUNTRY 02-27-2006 10:33 PM

howdy Georgian i aint to fer from ya im in jesup,about a hour or so to brunswick

soco 03-02-2006 08:28 PM

Hey ya'll -- I'm in Valdosta, and my parents live in Brunswick. Small world! We have an Excursion V10, and I'm also looking to find a 1965-1975 Ford pickup.
-SOCO

Menroid 03-08-2006 09:19 PM

Greetings from Folkston, sorry but I can't help out on the body shops either. My sister works at FLETC. She used to be the secretary for the mechanics shop. I will ask her and see if she can get a recommendation out of them.

Menroid 03-09-2006 11:50 AM

This is the one they dealt with. She said they were pretty good.
Spray and Bake
2127 Norwich St
Brunswick, GA
(912) 280-0199

magee 03-13-2006 08:15 PM

Not any help on the body shop, but saw a south Ga post and thought I'd say hey. I'm originally from Savannah (Wilmington Island, technically) and really hope to move back before I die. There is nothing like coastal life.:-X06

PStrokin 03-29-2006 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by magee
Not any help on the body shop, but saw a south Ga post and thought I'd say hey. I'm originally from Savannah (Wilmington Island, technically) and really hope to move back before I die. There is nothing like coastal life.:-X06

Hello from Savannah, specifically Wilmington Island. Come on back, but you may be surprised how much the island has changed over the years. Don't know how long you have been gone but lots of changes.

magee 03-29-2006 07:02 PM

I know. It seems like the developers are determined to ruin the place. Everywhere you look there is more new construction.