Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   1st Meet (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/457095-1st-meet.html)

jimkidd 02-01-2006 05:13 PM

1st Meet

How does the 4th of March sound for everyone? I know it's over a month away but that's as early as I can do anything on a Saturday. Or next Tuesday morning. :)

Let me know.

jimbo

cookie88 02-01-2006 06:33 PM

A month out is probably a good idea. Gives everyone a chance to pencil it in.

Looks like a good day for me.

1996pwrstrk 02-01-2006 11:13 PM

It works for me. I'm going to use a sharpie on my calender.:-X10

Dave

Brian_B 02-02-2006 01:03 AM

I wont know much of anything until after next weekend. Consider it penciled for now. :)

BTW: I don't do Tuesday mornings. :-X15 Or mornings in general for that matter. I work nights most of the time. Notice its 1 am? :D

rywegh 02-02-2006 02:54 AM

Guys speaking from previous experience, It is best to start at least a month out when planning a meeting. That gives everyone enough time to try to make arrangements to join up. Have you discussed where? What about members with kids, have you thought of somewhere that is kid friendly or family oriented? This helps with the little lady. IF you can get your family into going and happy to me there it doesn't cause problems on the home front. Think about it, a few of us are on FTE a lot and now you want to meet up with these people. That kinda upsets them a little.

Speak with Rollie. The Kansas chapter does a lot of things and a lot of it is family oriented. When I was out there for the rally last year, there was a lot of family for the Kansas chapter attending and they all had fun. It was like a big family and it seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves. It things like that make this fun.

ANy other questions I might be able to help with feel free to ask. Just look for me in the Kentucky chapter.

1996pwrstrk 02-03-2006 12:59 PM

Well I've got my dad all signed up his log in is 63stepside. He's not on line to much( sloooooooooooooow dialup) but things change. Is he going to have to wait 30 days before he joins the chapter ?
Dave

jimkidd 02-03-2006 10:30 PM

Arkansas FTE 1st Meet
March the 4th - 2:00 PM.
Burns Park, North Little Rock.
Exit 150, I-40.
RSVP ASAP so I know how big a pavilion to rent.

Bring your own Food & Drinks.
No alcohol.
Bring family & Friends.

1996pwrstrk 02-03-2006 10:42 PM

Do you want rsvp here or a pm sent ? Good choice of location.

Brian_B 02-03-2006 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
Well I've got my dad all signed up his log in is 63stepside. He's not on line to much( sloooooooooooooow dialup) but things change. Is he going to have to wait 30 days before he joins the chapter ?
Dave

They are trying to get the software and programming or something going. When they do, we can all join even if there is not leader.

In best alien/robot voice: "Take us to your leader!"

Anyway, the event is penciled in. The funds are here now (paid today!), as long as there is no major panic at work (school) that weekend, I am in. :D

cookie88 02-04-2006 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by jimkidd
Arkansas FTE 1st Meet
March the 4th - 2:00 PM.
Burns Park, North Little Rock.
Exit 150, I-40.
RSVP ASAP so I know how big a pavilion to rent.

Bring your own Food & Drinks.
No alcohol.
Bring family & Friends.

:-X06 Great idea.... I'll bring the whole crew (Two big people & 2 little uns').

Be sure to let us know what the $$ for renting the pavilion will be. I don't want you footing the bill for this alone. If nothing else I'll split it with ya'.

1996pwrstrk 02-04-2006 02:20 PM

I think that we all can chip in for the rental and any other expenses that we should run across for this meeting. Count me and my wife ,two youngin's and my dad in.

Ozark Ford_1970 02-04-2006 03:27 PM

Count me in. I will be coming alone. Can't wait to meet everyone.
Are most going to be driving their special Fords? I don't think mine will be ready by then.
See you there,
Larry Ozark Ford_1970

1996pwrstrk 02-04-2006 03:53 PM

If you can't drive it bring some pictures we would love to see it . I drive my 96 but I'll bring some pics of the 61.:-X22
Dave

Brian_B 02-04-2006 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ozark Ford_1970
Are most going to be driving their special Fords? I don't think mine will be ready by then.
See you there,
Larry Ozark Ford_1970

I am not sure. I drive my 01 explorer for a daily, but my 56 f-100 is street legal now. Its a blast to drive! I am working on some minor issues before long trips. We will see by then.

cookie88 02-04-2006 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ozark Ford_1970
See you there,
Larry Ozark Ford_1970

What kind of Ford isn't special? Oh yeah....minivans and passenger cars. I've got to bring the truck...the Bronco is sans the top and back seat....and it hasn't been started in two years. :-X15 :-X19