Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alberta Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum79/)
-   -   Frantic post for ebay people (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/448704-frantic-post-for-ebay-people.html)

Mil1ion 01-10-2006 09:43 PM

Frantic post for ebay people

Can someone bid on this for me.

I don't have an ebay account.

Of at least contact the seller.

phat56 01-10-2006 10:34 PM

a DATA cable ?? :-huh

Mil1ion 01-10-2006 11:17 PM

It's okay now, I just registered to avoid asking for favours.

It includes the software.

Telus sells this set for $100.00.

phat56 01-11-2006 11:24 AM

Great, now all you have to do is be careful not to become an Ebay Junkie. It's pretty easy to get hooked and start bidding on all the stuff you want. Then one day you discover how much you've spent. :-X15

mustange70 01-11-2006 09:45 PM

yeah i'min the same boat, first bought an intake, then a lockright, then a cam kit, and now i'm about to spend another 260bucks american on some 4v cleveland valves and roller tipped rockers.

phat56 01-12-2006 01:34 PM

Yes, but .... just wait till you have that stuff in your hands - I LOVE GOLD ( Goldmember ) There's nothing like getting stuff delivered, kinda like Xmas.

mustange70 01-12-2006 05:07 PM

Yep you got that right :), but then there's the wait to acutally install the stuff (in my case a few months :)), but until that time i guess one coul sit and just stare at the product for hous upon hours becoming a wee little hermit :)

Ken aka Savage 01-12-2006 11:39 PM

Personally I have a hate on for E-bay & especially Pay Pal! I bought one item several years ago, have continually been getting letters from Pay Pal about someone elses e-mail being added to my account, but my e-mail responses are bounced back, I have been to thier homepage looking for a phone # but they have no way for a person to contact them without signing in which I can't do, it's been so long that I can't remember the password.

They threaten to suspend my account, I think great do that, but instead of canceling it I just get more letters about hackers from europe... .

I wouldn't trust those Bturds any further than I could throw them, and since they are smoke & shadows I can't even get ahold of them to throw them anywhere. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/i...sfiring_v1.gif
--Ken

phat56 01-13-2006 12:34 PM

That sucks ! I haven't had any problems with Pay Pal. I gave up playing on Ebay any way. I think that if I had to, there's no way I could remember my pass word either. It's better to get something from a store or dealer so you can bring it back if it doesn't work or whatever. I just like customer service.

mustange70 01-13-2006 05:29 PM

Yeah i try to buy only for ebay dealers that do have a return policy if its something major, i also don't bother with paypal on ebay, its either MO or CC as i don't like having a third party handling my money when buying something over the net.

Ringo Fonebone 01-16-2006 10:32 AM

I have bought/sold many items on ebay and used paypal for nearly all of them without a problem.

In fact, two times, once outside of ebay, when I used paypal and the goods/services were not satisfactorily delivered, a quick alert to Paypal, and they yank the money from the offender's account immediately, and until the item is correctly delivered.

Ken, I fear you are the victim of a Phishing scam and should change your paypal and ebay passwords RIGHT NOW, and report the phishing scam to which you fell victim .

The system wont let me post the email address to report to so email me for the addy.

RF

FTE Ken 01-16-2006 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ken aka Savage
Personally I have a hate on for E-bay & especially Pay Pal! I bought one item several years ago, have continually been getting letters from Pay Pal about someone elses e-mail being added to my account, but my e-mail responses are bounced back, I have been to thier homepage looking for a phone # but they have no way for a person to contact them without signing in which I can't do, it's been so long that I can't remember the password.

They threaten to suspend my account, I think great do that, but instead of canceling it I just get more letters about hackers from europe... .

I wouldn't trust those Bturds any further than I could throw them, and since they are smoke & shadows I can't even get ahold of them to throw them anywhere. :-X01
--Ken

Those emails were not from Pay Pal. Even email addresses without Pay Pal accounts get those phishing scam emails all the time. If you fell for it and put in your Pay Pal email/password then they have full access to all the accounts in your Pay Pal account. Its not Pay Pal's fault.

jbabbler 01-16-2006 01:26 PM

I can't believe that people actually fall for these things. I saw a story on the local news where some lady answered one of these emails from "her bank". It asked her to complete a form that asked for her name, address, Birthday, social security number, mother's maden name, account numbers for all bank accounts, ATM pin numbers, savings account number, online login user name and online banking password.

Who would actually answer that? Who I ask! WHO? She ended up losing $60k and was actually shocked. There should be some sort of liscense to use a computer.

mustange70 01-16-2006 04:09 PM

Stories like that jbabbler just go to show you how guable people today really are, granted some of these "scammer's" are getting very clever with what and how they do what they do, but when you get forms asking for what you described i'd be skepical about it and i'd be going down to the bank.

Mil1ion 01-16-2006 04:30 PM

Once I wrote back to the e-mail that I don't have an paypal account they stopped sending e-mails

jbabbler 01-17-2006 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mil1ion
Once I wrote back to the e-mail that I don't have an paypal account they stopped sending e-mails

I filled it out with alot of bogus crap and insults about their mamas. :-X02

FTE Ken 01-17-2006 04:19 PM

Don't ever reply to spam or phishing emails. It only serves to verify your email address is valid, so they can sell it to someone else.