Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Next Friday 6:30 PM (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/448450-next-friday-6-30-pm.html)

Traxxis 01-10-2006 10:51 AM

Next Friday 6:30 PM

What do you guys want to do?

I'm up for Legend's again---but that's just me.

We could do something at my house (if you all wanted to see my new place)---I do have a grill (but someone bring a waterhose to put out any grass fires it may cause!).

Come on Tulsa, Owasso, Claremore----and everybody else----let's do something. (Just keep it cheap for me!)

STan

MikeB 88 01-10-2006 01:42 PM

Stan,

Are you talking Friday the 13th or the 20th?

Mike B

Traxxis 01-10-2006 05:11 PM

The 20th.

STan

cigarxtc 01-11-2006 08:02 AM

OK, I'll get the ball rolling, count me in for Friday the 20th. Don't think I'm up for Legends.($$$) But a weiney roast or burger grilling would be tempted. Do you have a grill? Or if we did like a pizza party at Stans house we could all chip in a couple bucks to pay for the pizza? Or maybe we could meet up at a Pizza place in Claremoore. Do you have any pizza places over there? Or whatever. I'm just puttin some ideas out. :D

Traxxis 01-11-2006 09:00 AM

Hot dog roast at my place is cool with me. Burgers too. I do have a grill---y'all wanna plan on that??

Just gotta excuse my mess of a house!

STan

cigarxtc 01-12-2006 09:03 PM

...BUMPED TO TOP....

C'mon guys and gals. Let's get some participation going. :-wink

Heya Skiatook fellas, yer not too far away. And I haven't heard from ya'll in a while.

MikeB 88 01-13-2006 07:46 AM

Will the burn ban be off by then? I see that they included ALL outdoor grilling.

Mike

petes79f150 01-13-2006 11:09 AM

I'd really like to meet you guys, but I have to clear anything that might involve having fun with the wife first.........;)

cigarxtc 01-13-2006 11:44 AM

The following is straight from the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, whom is working closely with the Feds, Firefighters, and Gov. Henry.

(Source: http://www.oda.state.ok.us/redflag/BanGuidelinesApp.pdf )

CAMPFIRES AND OUTDOORS COOKING
Outdoor campfires are prohibited under the ban. Charcoal and wood fired cooking outdoors is
prohibited in this outdoor burning ban. Grills located inside a building of any kind are exempt.

If grilling is not an option, there's pizza or whatever suggestions anybody else can think of.

Traxxis 01-13-2006 12:48 PM

NO---no pizza.

ugh...... no joke, I've had enough pizza in the last two weeks to last me a lifetime.

We'll just have to see what the weather is like---maybe if we get some rain this week, they may let up the burn ban.

Hope so at least---I want some brats.

I'll call Tim and Alice tonight (assuming I remember).

STan

BTW: I don't have pc connection at the house yet, so if any of you need anything from me on the weekends, you gotta call me.

cigarxtc 01-13-2006 01:36 PM

OK. No biggie on the pizza. Brats sound very very tempting. Maybe some hotlinks too? (I know my stomach can't handle them but "...they put addictive chemicals in them that makes me crave for them night and day....") :9 Well, why don't we just go full force and cook up some sourkrat while we're at it. We can stink yer new house up for a couple days with those items. ;)

MikeB 88 01-13-2006 07:00 PM

I wqs questioning theburn ban rules because I guy I work with is also a state trooper. He said that they recievd a notice that all outdoor grilling was banned.

Mike

1978fordtruckgirl 01-15-2006 04:52 PM

I guess you forgot to call, Stan! I actually have a phone that works now. (And I'm borrowing a 'puter for a few minutes). Good thing I checked in Huh? I don't care if we eat potato chips and dip. I WANT TO GTG!!!!!!!!! I will actually be off Friday. I'll have to make a quick run to Joplin that afternoon to go to my step-son's wedding, but I'm free after that. CALL ME.
Guess I'll catch you all up real quick. My grandson is almost 3 months old now and is ssssoooooo awesome!!!!!!!!! I'lll be at the Owasso Wal-Mart until Feb. 10th. (Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi, Tim. NOT!) :) After that, My new home store will be in Coffeyville, KS. But I'll still live in Vinita. I almost have my tax paperwork done, so I will be back online within the next month. YYYEEEAAAHHH!!! And my son graduated from his basic training. Life is Great!
Let's make this GTG a big one. To all the people that haven't come yet, WE DON"T BITE! I'll even throw in a door prize that someone can win. See you all soon! Do you want me to drive the '78, the '03' or the '05? :-huh :-D

ranger240 01-15-2006 07:57 PM

I'd definitely be in if that door prize were that sexy little F100!!!!

I can attempt to make it, though since I work early saturday morning, more than likely it just couldn't happen for me.

dakota_viking 01-15-2006 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 1978fordtruckgirl
I'lll be at the Owasso Wal-Mart until Feb. 10th. (Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi, Tim. NOT!)

OK OK...I fell off the face of the earth. Alice, what are your hours that you work...I'll stop out and see you.

Stan, You will have to provide some directions to the hacienda. I think I can arrange to make it. Let me know what I can bring. (And not a hammer or paintbrush!) :-D

I'll be driving the Expedition so if anyone wants a ride from Owasso, I've got room for 5 or 6 more.

Later people,

Tim