Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   Trash Collection (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/445612-trash-collection.html)

ranger rules 01-02-2006 02:47 PM

Trash Collection

I was just wondering what kind of trash collection you have at your house. Does your city provide it, or do you have to pay a private company? Also, do any of you have those automated carts for trash?
Our city provides trash pickup and has just switched to an automated system. We get the bins the end of this week. I can see the benefits of the new system, but yet don't like it because it is something new!!

rmalottwtes30 01-02-2006 02:53 PM

We have CSI and we have to pay for it, 70 bucks for 3 months. We can use one of there industrial cans with wheels for a charge.

94van 01-02-2006 03:18 PM

We have private pick up hired by the county and we pay thru property taxes.

They provide a plastic container for once a week recyclables pick up.
Other trash is picked up twice a week.

jake00 01-02-2006 03:42 PM

automated carts for trash
what is that?

in our town, pickup is 1x a week, we can "buy a can" for about 40 a month, or use bags that cost about 1.10 each. Recycling is free

ford390gashog 01-02-2006 03:46 PM

ours is city provided. but costs 45.00 a month. i have 3 plastic/glass bins/newspaper and 3 green bins for yard trimmings and 1 brown for other waste.

bigdaddyII 01-02-2006 03:48 PM

Here the trash gets picked up 2x a week, once on Sat. and again on Wed. We buy our own cans and all trash must be put in cans or it wont be picked up. We can recycle also but for a charge, so I dont and no one else I know does.

cjben 01-02-2006 04:13 PM

we have the choice of private or city trash pick up. for the city,you have to buy trash stickers and put them on every bag you put out. one sticker for a 13 gallon bag,2 stickers for bigger bags. I use private for $40 every 3 months and they aren't as picky as to what they take as the city is.

ericsmith32 01-02-2006 05:12 PM

Here in Kansas City, KS we pay for the trash pickup with the electric, sewer, and water. Only one pickup a week which is Wednesday for us. Don't know about the recylcables and such.

lcampbell 01-02-2006 05:53 PM

'bout once a month I make a dump run for us an the ol neighbor lady. Costs 6 dollars plus fuel. We had an outfit comin out to pick it up twice a month but they wanted 25 or 30 bucks to do it. We also recycle everything we can and get paid for it by the same company that does the trash pickup. We pay them to pick it up or they pay us to bring it in. Go figure.

john112deere 01-02-2006 06:01 PM

The town provides a big barrel and weekly pickup for trash, and recycling every other week. They contract it to a private hauler. They'll haul whatever's in the barrel for free, but charge $1.00/bag for anything outside the barrel.

Mil1ion 01-02-2006 06:12 PM

$30/month.

Once a week, Fridays for house trash No choice :(

Once a week Wednesdays for yard trash.

They take bags or empty the personal barrels.

All Yard trash must be set up as per the guidelines.

I recycle everything that is possible and take it to the recycle bin site myself.

Cardboard of all types,glass,tin,newspaper,plastic of all types,rubber,tires, batteries,oil,filters,

bigrigfixer 01-02-2006 06:27 PM

Waste Management has a dumpster in our complex. We also got recycle bins for newsprint and plastic containers. And another bin for flattened cardboard.

JD717 01-02-2006 08:00 PM

I dont pay anyone to haul my trash, its too pricey, instead, since the dump is only a few miles away. and I have a truck, it gets put in the pickup, and hauled by me to the dump. cheaper, and alot easier. trash pickup for me, is every friday or saturday, depending on work load.

jake00 01-02-2006 08:10 PM

back in college we had a garbage chute That rocked

When I lived at my parents, they get private pickup, one day I hauled a couch and a snowmobile out there, the trash guy was pretty cool, I helped him load it in, gave him a 5 (uh oh a tip)

Aftrmidnite 01-02-2006 08:34 PM

we have a compactor in the kitchen,I try and go to the transfer center just once a month, its 60 cents a bag to dump. Recyclables are free, but everything has to be separated. I hate going as the wife and kids think the recycle containers are another trash bin, and never break down a box. Curbside pick-up is expensive and about every three to four months I was replacing a $75 rolling, tilt dump trash can, after it was hit or stolen. The only thing I have a problem with is old brake fluid, have almost 4 gallons of the stuff no one will take. Also have to pay about $20 a year for old tire disposol when people dump them along the road in front of the house.