Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Place to meet near the Aquarium? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/443827-place-to-meet-near-the-aquarium.html)

MikeB 88 12-28-2005 07:40 AM

Place to meet near the Aquarium?

A T-Bird club that I sometimes meet with is looking to hold their next meeting near the aquarium in Jenks. Is there any good "diners" that they could meet at? Would like to have a decent parking lot, in case anyone brings their 'Birds and be reasonably priced.

Thanks,
Mike B

A_G 12-28-2005 08:48 AM

Im pretty sure they could hit bricktown. Good restraunts. But the price is what gets yea. I have a good buddy that works for the melting something food place. They make fondu and other wierd crap and its like 45-50 bucks a plate.

Im not sure, but the aqurium actually might have a diner near by. I havent been around in awhile. But i would definatly tell them to check out bricktown.

Traxxis 12-28-2005 12:08 PM

"Bricktown" is OKC bubba. ;) If I'm not mistaken, I believe they are calling the Jenks river area "River Parks" (clearly taken from San Anton's "River Walk").

There are many places to eat around there---some cheap---some not so cheap. Like Jr. was saying above (hehe)---The Melting Pot is rather expensive---like he said, $40-$50 a plate (or pot in this case). There are other restraunts---Sutphens BBQ, KFC, Arby's, Sonic, Mazzio's, Nothing but Noodles... err... many others up main street. Also, just across the bridge and a little north is a great steak house---though I cannot recall the name.

Mmm... steak. ;)

STan

hotrod48 12-28-2005 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by A_G
Im pretty sure they could hit bricktown. Good restraunts. But the price is what gets yea.

Originally Posted by Traxxis
"Bricktown" is OKC bubba. ;) If I'm not mistaken, I believe they are calling the Jenks river area "River Parks" (clearly taken from San Anton's "River Walk").
STan

I was thinking Bricktown is far from Jenks. :-X14 It is a neat place to go if you are ever in the OKC area. I was there last Friday. I'm not of any help for resturaunts up by Jenks.

hotrod48

A_G 12-28-2005 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by hotrod48
I was thinking Bricktown is far from Jenks. :-X14 It is a neat place to go if you are ever in the OKC area. I was there last Friday. I'm not of any help for resturaunts up by Jenks.

hotrod48

ehehhee..shut up

Ive always heard people call it bricktown..so f-off

Traxxis 12-29-2005 03:54 PM

Watch it-----it's all play.

STan

RomerB2 12-30-2005 03:14 AM

What about eating at the Aquarium? My cousin goes to their food court just for some chicken something or another. I don't think you have to pay for entrance, but I don't know that for sure. But in Jenks or around Jenks.. Chimi's for mexican food is good, they're more like 81st and Lewis though. But the BBQ place (I think it's Sutphens) in downtown Jenks is really good, I haven't been there in probably 5 years but they were really good then. There used to be the Jenks' Diner on the main street but I heard they got shut down. I don't go that way much anymore..

MikeB 88 12-30-2005 08:45 AM

Thanks, I think they're planning on eating at the aquarium. There used to be or maybe still is a Stuphens up here that was real good. I'll pass this along to them.

Mike

jja65 12-30-2005 04:56 PM

los cobos is good and affordable on jenks river walk

hotrod48 12-30-2005 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by A_G
ehehhee..shut up

Ive always heard people call it bricktown..so f-off

I think someone should ban you. :-X14

Hehe, not really. It is all in good fun. :-D

hotrod48