Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   You know your from Mass if: (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/442223-you-know-your-from-mass-if.html)

7283-F250 12-22-2005 12:00 PM

You know your from Mass if:

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM MASSACHUSETTS IF.....</FONT>
1. You think crosswalks are for wimps

2. You think if someone's nice to you they either want something or they are from out of town and lost

3. You know how to cross four lanes of traffic in five seconds without a blinker and it's part of your normal commute everyday

4. You're amazed when traveling out of town that people at McDonalds actually speak english

5. You think it's not actually tailgating unless you're touching the bumper of the car in front ofyou

6. You know that a yellow light means that at least five more people can get through and a red one means two more can

7. You wonder why drive when there's the "T"?

8. You could own a small town in Iowa for the cost of your house

9. Subway is a fast food place

10. There are 24 Dunkin Donuts within 15 minutes of your house and think the new Starbucks built in your town is a rip off

11. You drive Sturrow just to see the Reverse The Curse sign and you know what it means

12. You believe using your turn signals gives away your plan to the enemy

13. If you stay on the same road long enough it eventually has three different names

14. Someone has honked at you because you didnt peel out the second the light turned green

15. You have honked at someone because they didn't peel out the second the light turned green

16. Stop signs mean slow down a little

17. Six inches of snow is considered a dusting and is a minimum requirement for a Pat's postseason game

18. You know who "the Pats" are

19. Three days of 80 degree heat is definitely a heat wave and 63 degrees is unseasonably warm

20. 40 degrees is your average day and 20 degrees is just right for a day of football

21. You cringe everytime you hear some actor/actress imitate the Boston accent on TV or in a movie, if you don't have it then you're never going to get it even if you were born here

22. At the ice cream shop you call sprinkles "jimmies"

23. You can go from one side of town to the other in less than fifteen minutes and see at least fifteen losers you went to high school with doing the same thing they were doing when you saw them last

24. The person in front of you is going 70 MPH and you're cursing them for going too slow

25. You know how to pronounce towns like Worcester, Haverhill, and Billerica

26. You know what they sell at a "packie"

27. You have never been to Cheers

28. You've slammed on your brakes to deter a tailgator

29. You still try to order curly fries from Burger King and believe Arby's has the best roast beef

30. You keep an ice scraper in your car all year round

31. You knew an O'Brien, O'Neil, McDonald or Murphy

32. Paranoia sets in when you can't see an ATM or CVS

33. You've pulled out of a side street and used your car to block oncoming traffic so you can make a left

34. You've bragged about saving money at The Christmas Tree Shop

35. New Hampshire is for camping, the only place in Rhode Island is Providence and Connecticut is one big farm full of rich people

36. You can navigate a rotary with your eyes closed

37. You have been to Fenway Park

38. You refer to the New York Yankees as the Evil Empire

39. You feel the rest of the world needs to drive more like you

40. When someone calls you a "m*******" you take it as a compliment

41. You use the words "wicked" and "good" in the same sentence

42. You know what a frappe is and you usually get them at Friendly's

43. Saint Patricks Day is your second favorite holiday

44. You are proud to drink Sam Adams and think that the rest of the country owes Bostonians a thank you

45. You agree that The Cape is a little slice of heaven that you'd be willing to wait 3 hours in traffic for every Friday all summer long (And you only refer to it as "The Cape" not Cape Cod)

46. You went to Old Sturbridge Village and Plymouth Plantation in elementary school

47. You have a special place in your heart for the Worcester Firefighters

48. You know the Mass Pike and 128 are some strange weather dividing lines

49. You almost feel dissapointed when someone doesn't flip you off when you cut them off or steal their parking space

50. You've gone from I-95 South to I-93 North by driving in a straight line and never changing direction.

51. You think Pedro's a bum, George is Darth Vador and Papi's a hero

52. Anything endorsed by Brady is gold

53. The phrase "Yankees Suck" is a solution to any argument

54. Flutie is a hero (even before he came to the Patriots)

54. You understand everything just said and pass it on to other m*******s

55. You know where the best place in town is to get your favorite "grinder"

56. You know there is a distinct difference between a "bubbler" and a "water fountain"

7283-F250 12-22-2005 12:00 PM

funny thing is I'm not from Mass and never been to Fenway park but the rest all fit me.
:D :D :D

john112deere 12-22-2005 08:23 PM

You know you're from MA if you get confused when people obey "Yield" signs.

This actually happened to my mother; she couldn't figure out why the guy coming up the entrance ramp wasn't cutting out in front of her in PA. :-D

Steve91 12-22-2005 08:33 PM

Haverhill is easy to pronounce.

Ford Jockey 12-23-2005 08:57 AM

ya know your from MA when locals ask you for directions especially in western MA hill towns

JMACC 12-23-2005 09:30 AM

How about you know your from MA when you can pronounce "SCOLLOPS" right not Scallops and you can properly call Falmouth Falmouth not Foulmouth.

derherr65 12-23-2005 10:11 AM

I don't understand those people. Live 5 feet from you neighbor, pay $250,000 for a shack, guns are evil, and snow up to your butt 6 months a year. But I sure am glad the have their own little community WAY up there instead of here.

rhodie 12-23-2005 12:05 PM

Great stuff.... I'm originally from Mass myself (first "mill-un", then "hing-um")--and still work there--so can relate to just about everything on the list (I guess I'm just a m***h*** in disguise, heh).

Funny, never went to Cheers either until some cousins of mine from Ohio insisted on going, then wondered what the hell we went there for (the place s**ks, IMO).

BTW, Steve91, I like that avatar.