Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   LCF , 4.5 liter V6 , Twin turbo , on my dealers LOt!!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/437707-lcf-4-5-liter-v6-twin-turbo-on-my-dealers-lot.html)

skuteman 12-08-2005 06:42 PM

LCF , 4.5 liter V6 , Twin turbo , on my dealers LOt!!!!

...............Stopped by my local ford Dship and found several cab\chassey , 4.5 liter , V6 , TWIN turbo models available for sale . These models have a single cabover design that looks like it would foldover . ALL of these models were auto's and the leaf springs look almost equivalent in size to an F550 . The model designation ...is ...LCF , so I'm not sure what that means . But , these are all Twin turbo , 4.5 liter engines . So , can the 6.4 be that far behind ??? NONE , of these trucks had a window sticker so guess we'll just have to interpolate for ourselves . ...s.kuteman :-X22

Casey 12-08-2005 07:28 PM

LCF means Low Cab Forward. It is a tilt cab. The only engine is the 4.5L, and the only trans is the TorqShift automatic.

There are GVW packages that make it equivilent to an F450 or an F550, depending on how it was ordered.

skuteman 12-08-2005 07:52 PM

..................I knew it was something like that :-D . I didn't even bother to notice this subject had already been covered . These LCF's all had a rather long frame which looks to be a competitor to the Isuzu(s) I see running around all over the place . Funny thing , alot of these Isuzu's with a Box on the back are equipped with an inline 4 banger . I'd be curious to compare fuel milage figures between the two . thanks , s.kuteman :-tap

landstroker51 12-10-2005 06:25 AM

Speaking of Isuzu - those cab over trucks are nothing but cheaply made garbage. I had one for 4 years and prayed evreyday that it would disappear. Try to sell one of those hunks of crap!!!! They have a terrible resale value too.

Custom Plumber 12-10-2005 02:40 PM

I had a chance to drive one sans any body. Pack your kidney belt and HANS device, it was one horrible riding truck! My foot kept bouncing on and off the accelerator pedal while driving on our wounderful PA. roads.

Power wise, it had plenty of go for a V-6, although I suspect the compound turbocharging didn`t hurt ;) I sure would like to see this engine in the rest of the F series lineup!

kw5413 12-10-2005 02:52 PM

They are not limos to be sure.

Without the weight of a box or body on there, I can only imagine how rough that ride was.

Put a load on her though and she will smooth out some.

And I agree. Your PA roads suck. Not really roads. Continuous pot holes with a few flat spots in between to give you a chance to re-grip and catch your breath...:-X14

captain p4 12-10-2005 05:41 PM

Anyone know if Ford has any plans to put the v6 in the superduties as a 'fuel efficient' alternative to the mighty v8 ?

skuteman 12-10-2005 06:10 PM

......................Good Question !! Wouldn't this engine be a competitior for the V10 if they choose to include it in the Superduty lineup . Especially , IF it's torque ratings exceed that of the V10 and it gets super fuel milage . s.kuteman :)

Custom Plumber 12-10-2005 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by skuteman
......................Good Question !! Wouldn't this engine be a competitior for the V10 if they choose to include it in the Superduty lineup . Especially , IF it's torque ratings exceed that of the V10 and it gets super fuel milage . s.kuteman :)

Sounds like a good reason to me! Sorry gasser`s P)

PowerstrokeJunkie 12-10-2005 07:50 PM

i believe this 4.5 will work it's way into the f-150 lineup, and possibly the expeditions.

bocomojoe 12-10-2005 10:55 PM

Why not have 2 diesel engine options? Sure would like to see it (4.5l) offered in an F-250 with maybe a 6 speed auto. I think I would be interested (even though my 6.0l has exceeded my expections, 115 more horses, 150 ft-lbs more torque and same or maybe somewhat better mpg than my old '96). :) :) :)

BTW a V-6 that came from the 6.4l would be a 4.8l?

captain p4 12-11-2005 10:18 AM

yeah.. 6.4*.75 is 4.8... 6.0 * .75 is 4.5 though.. hmm

Shad's EX 12-20-2005 08:47 PM

Maybe the 4.5L will be a great alternative for the truck owner who truley doesn't need to work the truck to it's true potential. In other words he can still rattle into the local coffe shop at 6 a.m. and talk a little bull with the big boys if ya know what I mean.

JS4x4 12-23-2005 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by skuteman
...............Stopped by my local ford Dship and found several cab\chassey , 4.5 liter , V6 , TWIN turbo models available for sale . These models have a single cabover design that looks like it would foldover . ALL of these models were auto's and the leaf springs look almost equivalent in size to an F550 . The model designation ...is ...LCF , so I'm not sure what that means . But , these are all Twin turbo , 4.5 liter engines . So , can the 6.4 be that far behind ??? NONE , of these trucks had a window sticker so guess we'll just have to interpolate for ourselves . ...s.kuteman :-X22

LMAO, they have been out for over 7 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to 2005 my friend 8D

Get READY! Here comes 2006!!!!!:-D

Matt Gaston 06-08-2016 05:43 PM

Help With LCF comparable window regulator

Can't find where to be able to post my own message so I am hoping someone can help. I have a Ford LCF and I need to replace both window regulators. Only problem is I can't find the parts anywhere on the Internet. Can someone tell me what model is comparable?