Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum38/)
-   -   Rollalong 1979 owner's manual (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/436354-rollalong-1979-owners-manual.html)

mguillen_mx 12-04-2005 09:37 PM

Rollalong 1979 owner's manual

Hi , I'm looking for an owner's manual for my first MH: Ford 1979, Rollalong.

May you help me to get it?

Thanks

Manuel

Torque1st 12-04-2005 09:44 PM

Hello- Welcome to FTE! I have moved your post to the specialized forum we have here for your question. Check out the list of tech forums we have here. There is a wealth of information and expertise here to help you. There are a number of links in my sig below to help you also. Have fun! :)

You can find the manuals in the Online Par<! >ts Store here.

Mil1ion 12-04-2005 10:03 PM

Any Motorhome was made by another company other than the Vehicle manufacturer (ie: FORD).

The Motorhome company "Roll-along INC. " would have mounted their camper on a FORD chassis.

I suspect any manual will be offered by "Roll-along Inc."

I also suspect it to be an F-350.

What is it that you wish to know about the Truck part of it ?

The last Roll-along camper was made in 1980.

The company, Roll-along Inc., is now defunct.

Torque1st 12-04-2005 10:20 PM

Thanks for the additional info Dennis! :)

I have found a number of obsolete manuals on the web in eBay and other automotive web sites that specialize in documentation.

ford390gashog 12-04-2005 10:27 PM

most were built on f 350 frames some were made on ford f 500 frames. very few of them i have seen. only about 5 in the last 3 years. 4 of them were in junkyards. 1 was for sale.

mguillen_mx 12-05-2005 07:04 PM

Hi, Thanks for your comments. The roll a long is my first MH, and I need to know all about it, not for the truck.

I'd like to know all about the home mounted in ford chassis.

I hope you can help me to get owner's manual.

Thanks
Greatings from Tijuana, Mexico

Mil1ion 12-05-2005 07:07 PM

I doubt one will be found easily and I doubt one will be found on FTE..

Maybe contact the people who are selling theirs in Vancouver and see if they have one they can copy for you.

I saw your ad on RV net when searching for this camper.

Here is the ad for the one for sale in Vancouver Wa.

http://www.thebiglot.com/ad_rv.asp?WI=4479330409

Just copy the URL when you click Quote then paste it in your search window.

mguillen_mx 12-05-2005 09:02 PM

Thanks for your help.
I had tried contacting 3 o more sellers, without solve this problem for me, like new Rv er.

I think i'll be looking for it more time.
Thanks a lot.

Manuel
Tijuana Baja, Mexico

AnOldDog 12-05-2005 09:32 PM

A couple of things about motorhomes in general. A 1979 RV is just as likely to be riding on a 1978 truck. Just so you are aware. For an RV this old, I wouldn't bother trying to find a coach manual for the specific model. Who knows how many modifications have been made. Consider looking for a manual for a Coachman or a Fleetwood from the same era. The houses are all pretty much the same. They all use the same basic stuff. And the rest you will figure out. Make friends with your local neighborhood RV repair shop. A good inspection will take you a long way.

What engine do you have? All my gassers had 460s.

dakonthemountain 12-06-2005 01:44 PM

Try going to RV.net, in the motorhome section. They may be able to at least direct you to a more appropriate place to search. Rollalong was a high end brand, but the basics of it were the same as others. They pretty much all used the same appliances, lighting, etc. The real difference is the body of the motorhome itself. Most times a wiring diagram is almost impossible to find, as well as the construction drawings of the frame of the motorhome, but again, perhaps the folks on RV.net can better direct you.
Good luck!
Dak

KraZeDav 02-17-2010 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Old thread but I have a 1975 Rollalong and an owners manual.
They also put the Rollalong on Chevy chassis. There's one about the same year as mine a couple miles from me.

Attachment 220516

Donzilla 05-10-2010 02:56 PM

1975 Rollalong

HI! I just bought a 1975 Rollalong (on the Ford F350 Chassis) this morning.

I would *love* a copy of the owners' manual if you have it available.

Thanks so much!
Don

KraZeDav 05-26-2010 07:20 PM

I'll see what I can do.
I'll have to make a copy of it.
Post a picture here if you can.
I would love to see it.

Donzilla 05-28-2010 07:33 PM

(Ok I keep getting logged out of this website, so I'll try posting again.)

As we were cleaning our new acquisition, I did find the battered and war-torn original owners manual for the roll-a-long!

I have scanned it as a backup for myself.

I will post pictures when we finish, ahem, scrubbing the moss off of it! It was parked in a swamp for the last two years here in Oregon, and I was crawling all around under it to get the lights working enough to take it on the road. (picture Luke Skywalker working on his X-wing in Dagoba.)

Thanks!!!

KraZeDav 05-29-2010 09:36 AM

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing it.
I did a lot of repairs on mine and might be able to help you out with ? if you have any.

replaced all the fuel lines
replaced the toilet
rebuilt the original water pump
replaced all the outside coach running lights
replaced the roof vents
rebuilt the heater