Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Depressed about my b2 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/428789-depressed-about-my-b2.html)

bigfry 11-11-2005 05:53 AM

Depressed about my b2

Hey I went outside last night to continue working on my rear bumper/cage tie-in and walked around to the drivers side, and my big back side window was shattered. 99% certain nobody came here and done it. I live in the middle of 80 acres and my dads been home all week. He lives 200 yards across from me. There was nothing missing. No bullet holes. I doubt anyone shot it with a pellet gun. They would have been so far away, it shouldn't have done it, and nobody out here dislikes me, so thats pretty much out of the question. I think there was a crack running down the middle of the glass to the back. Only thing I can think of is that it just went. What do ya'll think??? Any idea on the prices on another??? This is upsetting. If I would have known, I wouldn't have spent $100.00 bucks on 2 sets of boxing gloves, headgear. I'm getting ready for a toughman contest for next year. But that crap could have waited. Well gotta hit the weights before I head to tulsa to the mighty crane yard. you all have a nice day.

ford390gashog 11-11-2005 06:11 AM

well see with safety glass a single nick will destroy it. so a crack running down it is out of the question. because safety glass does not crack like that. instead it will crack into tiny chunks instantly.

cigarxtc 11-11-2005 08:09 AM

That's odd. Sorry to hear about that. I wonder if that cold front that came thru was enough to flex the window opening and force that crack to finish the job? Toughman contest? Wow, I've heard of the Apollo's contest, I think they have every year. There's some big tough dudes that enter into those contests. What's yer skill? Grapling, judo, kick-boxing, etc?

Silver Streak 11-11-2005 01:30 PM

Once a window is cracked it doesn't take much to finish it off. Sometimes it doesn't take much to crack them either. I had to put a windshield in my Lightning last year after it cracked when I jacked up the truck to take the LF wheel off.

bigfry 11-12-2005 12:25 PM

Cigar, I like submission, I have a few skills there. But the toughman, its the one that comes on on the cable station FX. They come to muskogee, tulsa, mcalaster, and all over the nation. I am going to get ready for next years fight in muskogee. Its purely boxing. I can't get into a situation where I can get broken bones, ie, arms and legs. I have a physical job, setting up cranes and dragging rigging, isn't easy. But just boxing will not be that bad. You have to wear headgear, 16oz. gloves, and a kidney belt. And its only 3 one min rounds. I have plenty of cardio, as long as when the adrenaline starts flowing, I keep breathing. People tend to hold their breath, and thats when you get in a bad way after just one round. I should be fine. I watched this years bouts, and wished I had entered, without any sparing to prepare. I have a friend that fought out of the lionsden, and hes going to help me get ready. I think it will be fun.

bigfry 11-12-2005 12:34 PM

P.S. I entered a fight a few years ago to help a friend with a dojo here in musk. They were fighting Apollo's guys at the greenwood cultural center. I had no time to get ready. I was asked the night of the fights, If I would fight one of Apollo's heavyweights in a kickboxing match. I said ok. I held my breath to much, but I did alright. He was supposed to knock me out first round, and I humiliated him, as I was told, by laughing and taunting him after he would kick me in the thighs and try to take me down. He won by decision, because he threw more hits, but I was told he was made mad fun of, because a untrained guy just showed up and made a fool of him. After I stupidly would go in and throw some decent punches(stupid part was I held my breath) I was winded badly. So I just told him to bring it and was laughing and telling him his hits were weak. I think I wore him down letting him kick my thighs,ha ha ha. He tried to kick my head a few times, I stopped him from doing that anymore, a few hits to the face. But that was fun, wouldn't do it now, what if the guy would break my leg, with a kick??? I'd be sol. Having worked out from age 11 seemed to help with my absorbability. he he. Anyways...