Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Lift Kits (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/419078-lift-kits.html)

akfalconer 01-18-2006 02:06 PM

1.donahoe 4.5" hanger

2.4" blocks

3.bilstein 5100

4.315 cooper discovery-16x10 eagle

5.stock 3:73

6.self install

6a.Not to bad,had to customize a couple things.

7.no regrets

8.custom rear springs instead of blocks

9.1250 complete

toddyw 01-19-2006 06:00 PM

BFR, you left out one selection for use old fuddy-duddies, none or no lift for my truck, at least that is the one I would have selected.

[QUOTE=BFR250SD]Okay, here's the deal.

We have lots of folks who have questions about what lift kit to get, what setup, what shocks, how high, tire size, yadda, yadda, yadda. This is specifically aimed at the SD crowd.

BFR250SD 01-19-2006 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by toddyw
BFR, you left out one selection for use old fuddy-duddies, none or no lift for my truck, at least that is the one I would have selected.

But that's why the title say "Lift Kits" :-X07

BFR250SD 01-21-2006 04:29 AM

Okay, some folks have been asking for pics of the 05+ trucks. So here ya go...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=103091&.jpg

Kadukoboy 01-21-2006 11:22 PM

1 - Type kit and how big
SuperLift 8"

2 - Rear springs, blocks or add-a-leafs
Rear Springs

3 - What shocks
Dual SuperLift Shocks

4 - What tires and size
37x13.5 on 16inch rim....Xterrain

5 - Gear ratio and what would you go to
Stock 4.30 …hmm….satisfied

6a - If self install, how difficult and what problems
Half and Half
Easy but you MUST be experienced to do it in one day

7 - What is YOUR impression of the kit overall
Friggen great! NOT MADE FOR STREET COMFORT!

8 - If you could have, what would you change
Drivetrain shudder

9 - If you wouldn't mind, how much you paid for the LIFT
Front Springs ..........................................$372
Front kit(Tie rod ext, Drop pitman etc)..........$406
Front Driveshaft Lengthening.......................$174
Rear Springs........................................... ..$300
Rear U bolt kit...........................................$40
Dual front shock kit....................................$165
Carrier bearing Drop Bracket.........................$32
Dual Steering Stabilizer...............................$127
Rear swaybar end links...............................$65

Total for parts..........................................$15 30
37 x13.5 w/rims about 2 grand

cangim 01-22-2006 07:02 PM

Going to go with a leveling kit from Superlift, new spring kit with shocks, stock tire size and 3.73 gears. But I have to say, some of those 8" lifts are looking awesome.

PGallo 01-24-2006 04:18 PM

Lift kits

2002 F-350 Lariat SC V-10

1. SuperLift 4"
2. Rear add-a-leaf and larger blocks
3. Superlift shocks
4. 315/75 R 16 Pro-Comp XTerrains and 285/ 75 R 16 Cooper Discoverer STT
5. 4.30 LS -- it's great, I would not switch higher nor lower
6. Self-installed
6a. Simple, no major problems, but I did it on a hydraulic lift (made it easy).
7. Kit was OK, directions were a bit cryptic, but I figured out how to do it. Had to fabricate a 1" block to shim carrier bearing on rear driveshaft to get rid of Ujoint bind. Front springs a bit stiffer than stock fronts, but still very comfortable ride on/off road. I purchased drop pitman arm after the lift kit install, but haven't put it in yet (Spring?); I think it should have been recommended for use with the kit.
8. Nothing - I love the whole setup. Truck sits with slight nose-low rake (~1.5"), big tires fit with plenty of clearance, looks great!
9. Cost about $1,000+, but also purchase dual stabilizer setup, bug deflector, and wheels/tires (Mickey Classic II's with XTerrains), for another couple grand.

jjgi5150 02-21-2006 11:05 PM

Hi All,

1 - Fabtech 8"
2 - FT Rear springs, with 3" blocks to make it about 1/2 " higher in rear with empty bed.
3 - Fox Racing, dual in front on Fabtech hoops, single on rear
4 - 38x15.5x20R Toyo Fun Country (Best tires I've ever had on a big truck) on Weld 12x20 Cheyennes.
5 - Still stock 3.73 LS, but going to go to 4.30 in fall this year.
6 - Dealer installed prior to sale (by a local custom shop that does MANY of these upgrades for both local Ford dealers.)
6a - N/A, but I did have to change the rear blocks, it sat too high in the rear for my taste. Also a minor angle in the driveshaft, the center Fabtech spacer is about 1" too low, causing the angle. I'll be having the shop that did the install for the dealer change that out next week.
7 - The best suspension kit I have ever had on a 4x4. Very high quality, and a very good ride, considering....
8 - Nothing...as of yet...
9 - The cost over the sticker price was the "exact" best price I found for the lift kit, tires/wheels, etc, while shopping for this truck, not even counting what the installation cost would have been, had I bought the kit and had it installed. And since the dealer sold it to me that way, they are now responsible for the lift kit, and any related issues that might occur down the road. It was a GREAT deal for me.

Take care,

JJ

Antacus 02-22-2006 10:30 AM

I see no responses on a 2wd SD. Looking high and low it seems like the plastic poly spacer from daystar is about my only choice. Anyone had those installed for more then a year with any luck? Or any other leveling kit for a 2wd diesel ;)

Bear Hunter 02-22-2006 11:03 AM

I have heard that spacers on an 05+ 2WD cause alignment issues...something about not enough room or barely enough room for adjustment after the installation.

I believe Fabtech makes a 4"-6" kit for 05+ 2WD.

Are you the guy from Katy wanting to level it with 33's? If so your better off getting the full kit from Fabtech.

Antacus 02-22-2006 03:35 PM

Not that I know of, but then again I can not remember all of my aliases ;)

I want to give the truck a complete 2" lift overall, nothing extream. Sooo, I got a pair of 2" blocks for the back and was thinking of just adding a leveling kit to the front. From reading I think that would add abouts 2" to the front. Then I wanted to go up just a tad on tire size. Not sure what just yet, just a tad larger tire to fill in the gap the 2" lift would make.

A 4" lift is too much for what i want. Factory stock and I am bottoming out on the step bars by just > < that much. A 1" lift might fix my issue, 2" surely would. Reason for not going too high is I don't want to screw up adding a 5ver down the road.

Bear Hunter 02-22-2006 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Antacus
A 4" lift is too much for what i want. Factory stock and I am bottoming out on the step bars by just > < that much. A 1" lift might fix my issue, 2" surely would. Reason for not going too high is I don't want to screw up adding a 5ver down the road.

Double check this.... but I believe you will be fine with 4" and a fifth wheel. If my sources are correct I would be more concerned with the alignment issues that a spacer supposedly creates on a 2WD.

F2FIFTY 02-22-2006 04:07 PM

You guys got some good deals!!! I have a 05 F250 CC w/ 6" lift and 37" X-terrain

6" Fabtech 4link w/dual front and rear shock kit w/shocks = $4100 installed

20" MKW wheels and 37 x 13.50 X-Terrain = $3000 installed

I just threw on Bushwacker 4.5" fender flares and installing a Pioneer AVIC-D1 this weekend...damn I am broke!!!

F2F

Will show pics when done.

Antacus 02-22-2006 04:11 PM

My friend has an older 350 that he has a 5th wheel on. Right now my truck is right at the same height as his, maybe an 1" lower. He has 16" wheels and 2" blocks. I got 17" wheels and no blocks... having said that I'll have to measure to verify. That is red neck measurin, leaning over the bed sides to open the cooler which gets less accurate over time ;)

dscofever 02-24-2006 10:07 AM

1 - Skyjacker 2-1/2" leveling lift in front
2 - nothing to rear
3 - fox racing shocks in the front, FX4 rancho's in the back
4 - BFG 35" M/T
5 - Stock
6 - shop
6a - N/A
7 - Love the look, and it does wonders in the dirt...VERY smooth ride
8 - I will most likely change the rear shocks to Fox, and leave the front alone
9 - $727.14 installed and aligned (lift only, this does not include tires). Tires were ALOT more from another company