Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Louisiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum148/)
-   -   Headed your way (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/419003-headed-your-way.html)

Bargod 10-10-2005 10:36 PM

Headed your way

Hey everyone, I am coming to visit. I recently got a new job and will be training in Livonia for three weeks starting on the 24th. If there are any members in the area that would like to meet up for a cup of coffee or some small talk, let me know. I would appreciate a friendly face in the area.

Thanks,

Tony

LiftedFX4 10-13-2005 01:33 AM

If you're gonna be in Livonia, watch out for the cops. If your tint is too dark or you go 1mph over they will give you a ticket and you can't get it fixed. My ex still lives there, and my parents house is only 15 minutes away. BTW what are you training for?

Ryan

Bargod 10-13-2005 11:12 PM

I was recently hired as the General Manager of the Oak Tree Inn in Wellington, KS, and the corporate office is sending me there to learn all about the diner. I think I'll be okay on the tint as I will be in a rental but thanks for the heads up about the cops and welcome to FTE.:-X25

LiftedFX4 10-14-2005 01:52 AM

Is the "diner" the chrome dome? At least that's what we call it, and it's right next door to the Oak Tree Inn. You have to make it across the street to Joe's Dreyfus House, it's an extremely good place to eat, it's been featured in tons of magazines and on tv shows, a bit pricey, but well worth it.

Tim98TA 10-14-2005 07:53 PM

Been to Joe Dreyfus. EXCELLENT food. I need to get out there again.

Bargod 10-22-2005 09:12 PM

That would be the one. Every Oak Tree Inn has one. I leave on monday. I'm the guy working there with the really short hair.

LiftedFX4 10-24-2005 09:42 AM

Now I may have to find a reason to go back home for a weekend or something lol. I haven't gone to eat over there is months. There are amazingly some very good places to eat around there. You have to try Best Burger - about 1/4 down from Chrome Dome; Lucky Pierre's, Satterfield's in New Roads, and of course go to Baton Rouge to get some Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers. If you need help finding anything feel free to give me a call on my cell 225-241-8556

Ryan

Bargod 10-25-2005 06:14 PM

Ryan, I will probably take you up on that. The Oak Tree is on Airline Highway and there is nothing across the street from us except for trees. The Dreyfus House is on the schedule for next week and everyone here says that the food there is excellent. It is my understanding that I will have at least this first weekend free. Let me know if you want to get together.

LiftedFX4 11-05-2005 04:20 AM

Hey Tony, how have things been going in the worst little town in the LA? lol

You seem to always get me when I'm as busy as I could be, even my parents have been getting on me about never coming to visit them. Every free weekend I've had I've been in Houston, or I have people here from Houston.

Bargod 11-12-2005 04:34 PM

Well, I made it home alive. Actually, it wasn't that bad. It is real pretty country there and the people are about the best I have ever met on the whole. I don't think I have ever seen so many people go out of their way to help some one else.

Oh yeah, I tried some of the recommendations:

Best Burger: Wow, that was good.

Joe's Dreyfus Store Restaurant - I guess I must have hit them on an off day. I had the Turkey and Andouille Gumbo and that was great but the Catfish Etouffee was a little on the bland side. According to some of the locals, they have been hit or miss recently. That could be why they are getting ready to change their menus.

I didn't do much else besides work, but I enjoyed myself while I was there. With that said, it is very good to be home, at least for a couple days. Tomorrow, I head for Arizona for 1 1/2 weeks to finish my training.

LiftedFX4 11-13-2005 11:35 PM

I haven't been to Joe's in a few years, but I could see the crawfish not being so good, it's out of season and it's usually better when it's fresh.
As far as the scenery, I've sent lots of friends out there to ride their Harley's. It's so beautiful and I never get tired of driving around the levee's and the river.

Have fun in Arizona, hope the humidity here wasn't too bad for ya! lol