Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   King ranch vs. Lariat (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/418834-king-ranch-vs-lariat.html)

Gparcels 10-10-2005 11:46 AM

King ranch vs. Lariat

Just wanted to get some opinions on the King ranch truck vs. the Lariat, not to much difference in price, I'm back and forth on the leather seats, wheels are nice, is it worth it...? Thanks in advance.

knutson 10-10-2005 01:40 PM

KR-real castano leather

LARIAT-cheap leather inserts only

IMHO-just can't get use to the color contrast in the kr.....

04chargreyfx4 10-10-2005 08:46 PM

Ya, I traded in my 04 FX4 scab for an 05 Lariat SCREW. - needed a full 4 door with the kids. Had the choice of a dk copper colored King Ranch screw or a white Lariat screw. Only a $1000 difference, both were loaded, moon roof, arz beige twotone paint and all. IMO - I just could't get used to the dark copper paint color of the KR as well as the orange/brown colored seats with tan interior, grey console and dash. All this color was just way too much. The KR seats are better leather though, like a baseball glove.... ( they actually look darker brown and not as orange on a new '06 kr I just saw )

So, I got the best of both, the white/arz beige lariat and installed kr arz beige bar grill, kr arz beige running boards and bedrail/tailgate caps !!

if you really can't decide, just drive em both at highway speeds and buy the one with no shakes and vibes .....

1956MarkII 10-11-2005 01:22 PM

Just be prepared for the KR leather to change color- a LOT. The sun bleaches it, and dirt and oils make it darker. Scratches very easily, too. But it is the softest leather I've ever experienced in a vehicle.

AlpsCEO 10-11-2005 07:43 PM

King Ranch = UGLY Brownish/Redish interior

Lariat = You actually have a choice

bcweber 10-12-2005 03:19 AM

One thing I like about the King Ranch that the Lariat doesn't even give you a choice is the electric folding mirrors. Even though I have a 3-car garage, I park in the single door side instead of the double door side. My 2005 Lariat is wider than the 2001 was. I didn't have to fold either mirror with the 2001 but the 2005 I have to lower the window and fold in the driver side to get it in the garage door.

I wish I had the King Ranch, I could just use the electric mirror control to move both mirrors in. I don't know how long the motors would last doing this a couple times today but hopefully my window motor will hold out.

Does anyone know if you can buy one King Ranch mirror and just replace one of the mirrors? Is the necessary wiring already there along with the correct controller and would there be any programming necessary?

Thanks

Gparcels 10-12-2005 08:51 AM

Well I made my decision, I went with the 06 screw KR black and tan, I took it for a test drive and it is the most comfortable truck I have ever sat in. I figured with the truck being black the copper seats are not that bad, now I just hope they have worked out the previous defects I hear about in 04/05 models. Thanks for the input.

jdew1920 10-12-2005 09:19 AM

Congrats - I think that's one of the nicest looking trucks inside and out I have ever seen. I'm contemplating a new '05 myself - $4500 rebate is looking tempting.

SuperBlue 10-12-2005 09:35 AM

Congrats! Either way I don't think you make a bad choice.

Dallas Jordan Huling 04-11-2017 06:42 AM

Space

Originally Posted by Gparcels (Post 3028919)
Just wanted to get some opinions on the King ranch truck vs. the Lariat, not to much difference in price, I'm back and forth on the leather seats, wheels are nice, is it worth it...? Thanks in advance.

is there any extra space in the KR then the lariat or do they have equal space on the interior

46fordtruck 04-11-2017 01:17 PM

Holy zombie thread.
The cabs are the same, assuming the same cab type. So a SuperCrew cab is the same no matter what trim level, so interior space is the same. If you want more storage, look for a truck with a center console in the front, not the middle seat. The storage in the console is much more than the fold down armrest center seat, but at the expense of losing being able to seat three in the front.