Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Car/truck Buying Advice (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum22/)
-   -   Zero or Low Interest Financing vs. "Employee Price" (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/405765-zero-or-low-interest-financing-vs-employee-price.html)

SirHailstone 08-25-2005 08:03 PM

Zero or Low Interest Financing vs. "Employee Price"

Last year the thing was low or zero percent interest financing and boocoo rebates. This year, it's "Employee pricing"

Paying the same price basically, just taking money from the financial side and putting it into manufacturing side with zero interest, this year it's the opposite.

Not to mention dealers (of course not Jeff or Trunkmonkey) can take someone with a borderline FICO score and jack up their interest a few points and pocket the difference. So the few K hit taken now on the price will be made up for in the backend with the financing ....

powerman88 08-25-2005 08:30 PM

But not everyone qualified for 0% financing last year. So they were stuck with high interest rates and no employee pricing.

This year, everyone gets employee pricing and you have a choice... Employee pricing plus $3000 cash back, or employee pricing plus 0% interest.

Also, if you paid with cash, or pay the loan back very quickly you won't pay $3000 in interest. I'll have my loan paid off in 2 months. Employee pricing is great. Low price. No haggling. Just pay and get out.

Mr. PC 08-25-2005 10:32 PM

Dumb question here--Does the family price only apply to dealer stock, or can one get the discount on an ordered truck?

PC

powerman88 08-25-2005 11:15 PM

Only on dealer stock.....

http://www.fordvehicles.com/incentives/offers/

opposable 08-26-2005 12:24 AM

You get the incentives/rebates at the time you take delivery. Thus, if you ordered a truck in June, and it was delivered in August (like mine was), I got the family plan price. If you order it now, it likely won't be in before the family plan expires on 6 September. This is of course assuming the family plan actually ends then, and considering the fact that GM just extended theirs until 30 September, it is impossible to say (and don't ask Mark or Polar for predictions =P ). For what it is worth, my dealer had allocations available, and it took exactly 8 weeks from the time the truck was ordered until the time we drove it off of the lot.

ytc 08-26-2005 10:34 AM

If you're talking about 05 models, don't worry, it'll only get cheaper after september.

Personally I think the sooner the family plan ends, the sooner we can get much hotter deal on these 05s. Surprisingly the 05 model inventory of the dealers here keeps increasing, I guess they're not selling fast and will need lot space for 06 models.

jschira 08-27-2005 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by powerman88
Also, if you paid with cash, or pay the loan back very quickly you won't pay $3000 in interest. I'll have my loan paid off in 2 months.

Assuming that you keep your cash in the bank and not under your mattress, you were probably earning interest on that cash that you paid for your truck. So you too are "paying" interest. You just don't write a check every month.

polarbear 08-27-2005 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by ytc
If you're talking about 05 models, don't worry, it'll only get cheaper after september.

Personally I think the sooner the family plan ends, the sooner we can get much hotter deal on these 05s. Surprisingly the 05 model inventory of the dealers here keeps increasing, I guess they're not selling fast and will need lot space for 06 models.

:eek:

I don't know what the heck you're looking at, but some dealers out here are looking at 20-30 cars and trucks where there should be 20 or 30 rows of cars and trucks.

powerman88 08-27-2005 06:16 PM

I did not state you would not pay interest. I said everyone wouldn't pay the same $3000.00+ interest on the car loan the poster was claiming you would all pay, and that this year's employee pricing with 0% is better than last year's 0% with no employee pricing.

ytc 08-28-2005 02:02 AM

So we're just in different areas, and things are going completely opposite.

Originally Posted by polarbear
:eek:

I don't know what the heck you're looking at, but some dealers out here are looking at 20-30 cars and trucks where there should be 20 or 30 rows of cars and trucks.