Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   International Region (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum141/)
-   -   I wonder how many ford tractors are around the world... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/405214-i-wonder-how-many-ford-tractors-are-around-the-world.html)

Greywolf 08-24-2005 12:17 AM

I wonder how many ford tractors are around the world...

Being in a rural area of Tennessee of the USA - I see old ford 9N and 8N tractors just about everywhere I go, and the amazing thing is they not only still run but are used daily by many people around here!

I have no idea how old some of them are...

BigF350 08-24-2005 01:06 AM

Same here.
Up until the late 80's Ford Tractors (and Trucks) were assembled here in Australia.
Them and International Harverster were the small farmers choice.
Our neighbour has a 9000...

Some of the old Fordsons are very old indeed

Encho 08-26-2005 06:33 PM

Here we have a lot of them, half my family is from "los llanos" (the plains) and cattle breeding and agriculture are the main activities there, when i was younger in the 80īs the Ford tractors where preferred by most the farmers.

Those things even made it to China in itīs time, and their amount should be pretty high there.

150ford 08-26-2005 06:48 PM

Ford tractors were very popular back in the 30s,40s an 50s. Did you know Ford was the first manufacturer to invent 3 pt hitch desighns which is standard on tractors today. Henry was farmer at heart an was always thinking off ways off making life easier for farmers. The Model T was the first successfulmautomobile. The Model A the first vehicle that was built in both a car form an a truck form. A chassis with the bed in the back. Ford made a whole line off machinery for the poular 8n an 9n tractors. Off course the auto business is what made Ford wealthy but the ag business part off it was something Ford took interest in as well. Henry will go down as the man that changed america forever. What an icon.

alchymist 08-26-2005 07:00 PM

Many a field was plowed with a model T! Henry Ford had manufacturing plants all over the world, big one in England supplying tractors for the war effort in the late 30's. Had quite a go round with a fellow named Ferguson also.

BigF350 08-26-2005 07:34 PM

I forgot to mention the small Fergies. Around where I used to live (very big fruit growing area) there were litteraly thousands of little Fergies to pull the fruit bins.

It is amazing how many auto companies started in tractor manufacturing. Everything from Lamborghini to Porsche have made tractors.
I don't think there has been another auto maker that have been successful at tractor making as Ford though.

alchymist 08-26-2005 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by 150ford
Ford tractors were very popular back in the 30s,40s an 50s. Did you know Ford was the first manufacturer to invent 3 pt hitch desighns which is standard on tractors today. Henry was farmer at heart an was always thinking off ways off making life easier for farmers. The Model T was the first successfulmautomobile. The Model A the first vehicle that was built in both a car form an a truck form. A chassis with the bed in the back. Ford made a whole line off machinery for the poular 8n an 9n tractors. Off course the auto business is what made Ford wealthy but the ag business part off it was something Ford took interest in as well. Henry will go down as the man that changed america forever. What an icon.

Yes, lots to admire there, but I've read that he was very anti-semetic, i fact wrote a book on it that Hitler had reprinted in Germany. But I also read he was very generous to education & various charities.

BigF350 08-26-2005 07:45 PM

You would be correct in those comments alchymist.
In fact in the mid 30's Hitler arranged to have Ferdinand Porsche meet Henry Ford on a visit to the US, to understand Ford's production methods etc. and gain important manufacturing experience for Germany pre-war.

Some of his personal views I will never agree with (and I will not go further on), but he (Ford) respected his workers, and revolutionised the automotive and manufacturing world.

Anyhow. Sorry for that. Back on topic. Ford Tractors...

Encho 08-26-2005 08:46 PM

In the streets people would even say that when Hittler made it to America he would stop in Detroit to retrieve some tanks.

Thank god Henry lived long enough to se the error in his way of thinking, as not many people have that benefit.

Greywolf 09-01-2005 04:51 PM

It is regrettable that such a mind was in some ways very wrong. But one wonders what the future would be if it were not for such people.

Which excuses NOTHING.

I think in some ways Ford was a jackass, but it is said that geniuses are not always sane...

I tend to follow the teachings of Edgar Cayce. We are all roots of the same metaphysical tree. Therefore all of life is precious, even though some may require more learning, and much is not excusable.

The rest of us must try our best to be the best that we can.

Trabajar en sus voyages con Dios, mis amigo...
(Struggle on your way with God, my friend)

Please correct my Espanole if it is incorrect....

Encho 09-01-2005 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Greywolf
Trabajar en sus voyages con Dios, mis amigo...
(Struggle on your way with God, my friend)

Please correct my Espanole if it is incorrect....

You did it pretty well, but struggle would mean more like fighting, the sentence should be more like: "Lucha en tu camino con dios, mi amigo" but itīs kind of ambivalent in spanish as it could mean (when tranlated back to english):
1-Struggle on your way with God, my friend
2-Struggle on your way against God, my friend
And itīs not "Espanole", itīs "Espaņol", still, pretty impresive my friend! :-X22

Greywolf 09-05-2005 04:51 AM

I seldom get much chance to speak any, since I retired to Tennessee. There are few spanish people around this area. In San Diego I think was the last time I even heard espanol...

It is strange - I miss it.

There is a small town nearby named Quito, but the locals pronounce it like it was spelled "Kweeto". When I pronounce it as I expect it to be pronounced, people around here give me funny looks...

BigF350 09-05-2005 05:16 AM

How should it be pronounced?

Kue-eet-o???

Encho 09-05-2005 11:40 AM

Reading in english: ku-ee-to

Greywolf 09-13-2005 01:44 PM

I had usually heard 'QU' in spanish words pronounce as a 'K' sound, so Quito would come out "keeto", even though "equador" is still "ekwador" - so to put it.

The letter "J" is often an "H" sound, and in San Diego the city of El Cajon is pronounced "el cahone", and "Jamacha" is pronounced "Hamasha".

These are just a few examples of some things I became used to as I grew up...