Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   alternate to bio-diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/401687-alternate-to-bio-diesel.html)

94 1/2 stroker 08-12-2005 09:57 AM

alternate to bio-diesel

I was searching the net for bio-diesel and found Diesel Secret Energy. They say that you can produce it for .46 cents a gallon. No convertion needed to run this fuel. Has anyone used or heard of anyone using this. Almost sounds to good to be true. Check out www.dieselsecretenergy.com. Sorry I dont know how to set up links so gotta do it the hard way. Diesel just went to $2.44 gallon here so I am really considering this, what do the rest of you think??

Max1775 08-12-2005 12:44 PM

I can't find that page. Got a different link?

Max

94 1/2 stroker 08-12-2005 12:55 PM

Sorry! Try www.dieselsecret.com

WA.Ranger 08-12-2005 02:04 PM

Man, I read there whole site. It almost sounds to good to be true. If I had an extra $40 lying around I would order there "kit" and see what happened. We ought to start a "task force" with donations to test these kind of products.

Max1775 08-12-2005 02:25 PM

I found the site and read it too. Sounds very interesting. I wish I knew of someone who had tried it, just always afraid of getting scammed. May be worth the relatively small investment though. Wonder how it would work with mods...

Max

SoCalDieselFan 08-12-2005 02:45 PM

Its all great ... until you find out they recommend you change all your fuel line seals and rubber ... as a good freind of mine read the very fine minutia.

Additionally - as Kwikk pointed out in one of my other threads or replied to a post ... where does all the skanky Glycerin go? Water?

All the nasty junk in WVO gets magically eliminated by pouring a few drops of the DieselSecret juice? If this stuff worked like the magic potion they describe, theyd be able to afford a better website, and this would be in every auto parts store known to man.

Ive yet to hear of a member here or elsewhere using it. Until proven otherwise ... despite my initial excitement ... I'm calling BS on this alternative. Chemistry and Science are ... well, Chemistry and Science - not magic.

edub32 08-12-2005 03:16 PM

This is very interesting....I'm half tempted to just buy the starter kit. So if I'm understanding this right...you first have to filter it just like you would a heated dual tank system??? I would probably heat it up too to get some of the water out. It just seems like it is a fuel additive and it will lower the gel point.

opnekryan 08-12-2005 04:35 PM

Yea, the video's on that site look really cheaply made, like someone edited it on their home computer!! And like my dad use to say... "If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is to good to be true"!

Mazellan819 08-12-2005 06:48 PM

I wouldn't spent $40 on their paid actors word! I can do better videos on my cell phone!!! lol I agree if its too good to be true then it probly is.

M

BuickTurbo 08-12-2005 06:56 PM

"Our German Technician grew up in Germany".....ok, now that's priceless. I would have kept reading if it said "Our German technician grew up in Deluth."

WA.Ranger 08-12-2005 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mazellan819
I wouldn't spent $40 on their paid actors word! I can do better videos on my cell phone!!! lol I agree if its too good to be true then it probly is.

M

LMAO.....I was trying to be nice, but I do believe that this is 100% grade A BS.
This is the pinnacle of the "snak oil" market.:-X14

62 red truck 08-12-2005 09:57 PM

I'm saving my $40 to put toward the 60 mpg carb that the oil companys have bought up.I think they should release it before long now that everything is F/I. Used this in another post today still makes me laugh.Larry

edub32 08-13-2005 10:02 AM

Does anyone know what this stuff actually does???? I'm thinking it is just like a winter diesel additive to lower the gel point.? What do you guys think?

DR JOE 08-13-2005 03:34 PM

Did any one notice that there is NO home address for the company??? The phone area code is in Louisiana so that limits it down to smaller part of the state. Buyer beware!!!
If any that lived thru the 1970 oil crisis knows that there were hundreds of fuel saving products out there to be bought. And they all worked... hahahaha

bronco252 08-15-2005 01:48 PM

This has got to be a hoax.....Can one of you guys from Louisiana verify that??? I tried a reverse on the telephone number and it doesn't seem to be a working number...