Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   Ford truck commercial (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4007-ford-truck-commercial.html)

barbara 07-10-2001 08:24 AM

Ford truck commercial

Is it just me, or does the Ford truck commercial where the guy is building the fence drive anyone else crazy? I don't know much about building a fence, but I do know that you do not drive wooden posts with a sledge hammer, you don't "wrap" the barbed wire around the post, and you never build a barbed wire fence without gloves. It gives Ford trucks a bad name to think that someone who is supposedly so "tough" builds a fence in such an unorthodox way. He might be better off watching movies.

Raul 07-10-2001 10:39 AM

Ford truck commercial

It's not just you. I saw the movie they are talking about, and as my wife will testify, I'm no romantic, but I thought the movie was cute and I enjoyed it (I watch about three movies a year, I saw that one because they showed it on a coast to coast flight).

The movie issue didn't get my attention, but like you: when I saw the guy putting up the post, I thought, is that guy nuts!!? My second thought was he might as well not see the movie, if he doesn't understand how to put up a fence, he won't understand "You've Got Mail". They should put a disclaimer at the bottom: "Actor portrayal, not a real Ford Truck owner, and not a ranch hand"

Raul
w/ 81 F-100, I6, SROD, Carter 1V non-feedback carb, no A/C, no PS, no PB, but it gets me where I need to go

horsepuller 07-10-2001 12:22 PM

Ford truck commercial

I don't think I've seen the Ford truck commercial in topic.

But I do love the Stewart Anderson's commercial with the 2 cowboys under the hood of a '79 and the girlfriend pulls up in a Mustang and says, "Travis, we gotta talk about our relationship".

84w44s 07-10-2001 02:14 PM

Ford truck commercial

well first of all, remember it's just a commercial. anyone who can drive a fence post into the ground with a sledge and hand barbed wire without gloves is tough!?

secondly, all commercials, with the exception of some of the beer commercials, drive me nuts. they all seem as if there made on a third grade level. the ones that use old has-been stars, such as mr t, allysa milano, terry bradshaw for collect calls and that 10 10 220, these commercials have got to be the worst i've ever seen. what are these people thinking about??????

alanscott 07-10-2001 09:54 PM

Ford truck commercial

I watched an ad the other day for a toyhonzu (wifey's nickname for the look alike imports) where a dog was chasing a parked car and caught it. That one made me chuckle.

alanscott

[link:ford-trucks.com/users/alanscott/|http://www.ford-trucks.net/users/alanscott/clubftesml.jpg]...Click!

whomrig 07-10-2001 10:45 PM

Ford truck commercial

How about the commercial for Craftsman tools? The guy is driving a pickup through the woods, comes upon a rivine, then builds a complete nice bridge to drive across? Yeh, we all drive with a complete tool box and all power tools known to man....

Wayne 60 F-350
https://www.ford-trucks.com/users/whomrig

PyroManiak 07-11-2001 12:00 AM

Ford truck commercial

Also in the Ford truck commercial, the fence is on one side of the truck but the guy is throwing the boards off the other side of the truck???

darkknight 07-11-2001 09:32 AM

Ford truck commercial

Truck on one side and the material placed on the otherside? Sounds like he's a sandwich short of a picnic.

Mike

crazy_goodolboy 07-11-2001 04:11 PM

Ford truck commercial

Anyone heard the radio spots for the Silverado HD? They're retarded. They promise insane stuff! They tell a guy who is a loser and can't get a date that if he gets a Silverado HD, models'll be crawlin all over him! They say that you can pull up a tree stump that nobody's ever been able to pull. Y'all, I've known of 4wd tractors failing at pullin stumps. A wimpy bowtie ain't gonna do the trick. GM's gonna have a lot of pissed off customers when they realize their truck won't get em women or be able to pull up a carrot.

mclerico 07-11-2001 10:24 PM

Ford truck commercial

Not only does he put the fence between him and his truck, he unloads all his materials in one spot! Duh! Not much point in having a truck if you're going to dump everything at once, then lug to every post-hole.

Mike C.

logan_85 07-12-2001 12:04 AM

Ford truck commercial

Actually I thought those GM radio commercial were slightly annoying but slightly amussing. At least they know how to do thr job their attempting.(not driving a wooden post in with hammer, not unloading materials on the far side of the truck, with the fence between him and the truck...) What I hate is when you see things that say you CAN fit 4 people in a mustang type car. If the people in forn have any height at all(more than 5'0) you won't have any leg room at all.

Logan

MEPHISTO_XES 07-12-2001 02:32 AM

Ford truck commercial

The latest TacoBell stupidity really gets me.

Garett

Raul 07-12-2001 07:42 AM

Ford truck commercial

Maybe the subconscious message is: "a Ford Truck is so smart, it can find it's way to the job site, and home again. You don't think this guy could do it by himself do you?" :-)

Raul
w/ 81 F-100, I6, SROD, Carter 1V non-feedback carb, no A/C, no PS, no PB, but it gets me where I need to go

Rosati 07-12-2001 09:54 AM

Ford truck commercial