Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrical Systems/Wiring (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum62/)
-   -   miles per gallon guage-SpaceKom (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/394439-miles-per-gallon-guage-spacekom.html)

randylay 07-21-2005 01:01 AM

miles per gallon guage-SpaceKom

I found a SpaceKom "miles per gallon" guage in a stack of parts that have been collected over the years. Has anyone ever heard of this? I searched the web and had no hits, whick is very uncommon for my searches. What I need is how to wire it. It has 4 wires, red white yellow & black. Thanks in advance for the help. Randy

Torque1st 07-21-2005 01:20 AM

Moved to electrical forum.

Franklin2 07-21-2005 11:26 AM

I can't find anything either. But I don't see how it's going to work in an automotive application without a vacuum line going to it. Most of the older miles/gallon guages used engine vacuum as a means of measuring engine load.

vintagefordparts 02-17-2007 06:45 PM

SpaceKom Miles Per Hour Gage

I have found the same SpaceKom Gauge (miles per gallon) with 4 wires. Which Model and Year Truck is this Used for? I can't kind any info on this either.

WerbyFord 08-09-2007 09:14 PM

Spacekom wiring

I am looking for this meter too or parts for it, but I have the wiring info.

Green: Power (12v) to the readout module - turnrs on & off with ignition switch
Yellow: Power (12v) to readout module, on all the time [eg cigarette lighter]
Black: Ground
Red: To Red wire from flowsensor
White: to White from speedsensor

This was a great little meter, it reads flow thru the fuel line and speed thru the speedometer cable. Very accurate when calibrated.

Any info on where I can still get one I would appreciate. Worth every penny.

randylay 08-09-2007 09:48 PM

I have one if you'd like to drop me a line. randylay at comcast.net

Kodiak5er 07-17-2009 07:47 PM

Here's how to wire your SpaceKom flow meter:

Black wire of transducer & black wire of gauge to ground
Red wire of transducer to red wire of gauge
White wire of transducer to white wire of gauge
Yellow wire of gauge to positive terminal thru ignition switch

The reason I know this is because I have two of these new in the boxes with the wiring directions.

Kodiak5er

fmc400 07-23-2009 07:09 PM

I imagine he figured it out in the 4 years since he asked the question :)

Kodiak5er 07-23-2009 07:22 PM

No, he hadn't figured it out because he PMd me and thanked me for the responce to his question. His words were "Thank you, you went out of your way to help".

WerbyFord 08-10-2009 10:26 AM

Kodiak5er,
I've had 2 of these SpaceKom MPG meters in the 1970s-80s. One was a black gauge with red and black buttons. The second had chrome-looking silver buttons. Neither of them work any more. :'(
They were pretty useful.

Do you want to part with either of yours??? I'd be interested!

Kodiak5er 08-10-2009 11:56 AM

WerbyFord,

I just bought a twin engine motoryacht that has twin V 6 3.8 L Crusaders in it and plan on mounting the two fuel gauges on the flying bridge of the boat in order to get the most economical fuel burn for any speed I'm going.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

Kodiak5er

jforb427 09-01-2009 05:53 PM

hi newbie here, I found this thread thru the wonders of google.

I just got one of these SpaceKom Autocomp 7000A mileage computers, it was with a friend's "new" RV and had not been installed yet. I'll probably scan the instructions and the box and take pics of the parts and put them on my web page some time...just because I like doing that kind of thing...

chazh 01-06-2010 12:57 AM

Jforb427, would love to have any contact info you can give on the makers of the autocomp system you have. Drop me a line at chazh@bellsouth.net.

Thanks

Tyler Schwirtz 06-23-2020 11:46 PM

Fuel Economy flow sensor

Hey, I know this is an old post and a long shot but I’m wondering if you still have one of these Spacekom flow sensors available? I need one for this old motorhome I’m working on.
Thanks,
Tyler

Originally Posted by Kodiak5er (Post 7730931)
Here's how to wire your SpaceKom flow meter:

Black wire of transducer & black wire of gauge to ground
Red wire of transducer to red wire of gauge
White wire of transducer to white wire of gauge
Yellow wire of gauge to positive terminal thru ignition switch

The reason I know this is because I have two of these new in the boxes with the wiring directions.

Kodiak5er

dangus 07-29-2020 11:59 PM

There's some SpaceKom units on ebay right now, plus an Autocomp MPG Computer Model 7000A. One used-looking gauge only, two in boxes, but I think the cheaper of the two doesn't have both sensors.
More info on how it works, what the sensors look like, and scans of the instructions: https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tion-9297.html