Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum43/)
-   -   1965 Econoline Salesman special - need advice for customer (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/394317-1965-econoline-salesman-special-need-advice-for-customer.html)

VTEconoline 07-20-2005 06:46 PM

1965 Econoline Salesman special - need advice for customer

Hello,

I own a restoration shop where we are currently restoring a 1965 Ford Econoline pickup. The truck came from California (we are in Vermont) and is 95% rust free. The truck was 100% complete, including the falcon hubcaps and "salesman package" side trim (it is a true salesman packate truck). The paint was in poor shape but the truck is 100% original right down to the factory radio.

The truck is currently stripped down to a rolling body, with 85% of the paint stripped as well. The owner was going to have it painted Poppy red (it was originally white).

Unfortunatley the owner was diagnosed with cancer this summer and has been given two weeks to live. Now his daughter is trying to figure out what the best course of action is to take with this truck she will be inheriting. We generally work on german vehicles, so we are not up to date on the value of this Econoline, either in it's current state or if it was finished.

The man's daughter has two options -

1) finish the truck, and sell it

2) sell the truck and all it's parts.

My question, to assist this woman in making a decision, is what is the value of a freshly restored Econoline pickup, and what would it be worth/how easy would it be to sell it as parts??

Thanks!!

IB Tim 07-20-2005 06:52 PM

...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Please read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand this site.
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.:-X22

66gpw 07-20-2005 09:40 PM

I recently looked in a price guide for my 64 Econoline truck.
It showed restore original worth between $8,000 to $11,000. Not big dollars. This is mostly what it will cost to restore the truck. If it is a 5 window truck, there is more interest on them. If it apart and in peices that price will vary. I seen these trucks that are restored or well taken care of on ebay going for more than $5000.00
Even thou I seen the price guide I will admit to not ever seeing one going for more than $5,000.
Maybe put it in our Advertising area of this site.

66gpw 07-21-2005 03:21 PM

I had another look at the value guide. A restored original low mileage 5 window is listed for $12,000 . Ones with out the 5 windows are about $8,500
So this should help.

VTEconoline 07-21-2005 07:09 PM

Thanks for the help guys!

Yes it is a 5 window. The prices given will help assist in making a decision.

Thanks again for the help

jowilker 07-22-2005 07:12 AM

Problem is this truck aint got a Hemi or a 427 in it, and aint real high on the list of sought after vehicles.

You must never forget, What it's worth is what someone will pay for it, not what some book declairs it to be.

amen

John :-X06

vtlew 09-22-2005 04:02 PM

1965 Econoline pickup info needed

Hi guys, I work for a company in Vermont (New England Rallysport) that was comissioned to restore a 1965 Ford Econoline pickup (5 window, salesmans special) for a customer. Unfortunately, the customer passed away and now we have a 1965 Econoline pickup which we don't know what to do with. The customers daughter has no interest in the truck and would like us to sell it for her. I was hoping to get an idea of its value. It was bought in California and is absolutely rust free. It has been stripped down to bare metal. It is complete. We purchased a gasket kit for the engine which would come with the truck. I'd put it up on ebay, but don't know what to ask for the thing. Additional info (if I know it) and pictures available on request. Thanks.

IB Tim 09-22-2005 04:43 PM

...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.:-X22

66gpw 09-24-2005 12:43 PM

Heres your first post of this truck. Did you miss this.

66gpw 09-24-2005 12:45 PM

Did you not post as VTEconoline a month or so ago. I think we gave you an answer then.
Try posting the truck in our classifieds here.

vtlew 09-24-2005 01:08 PM

that was my business partner

Communication is a great thing ain't it. He told me after I posted that he already had.

IB Tim 09-25-2005 07:44 AM

Please use our classidied section

truckfarmingcanuck 09-25-2005 08:08 AM

No matter what you decide on price please keep us in the loop. Some pictures and updates would be appreciated. As previously stated you may want to try selling it here.

later
TFC

Torque1st 09-26-2005 02:30 PM

Threads merged.

vtlew 09-26-2005 06:33 PM

I've posted the truck in the classifieds under Ranchero and 1961 - 1967 Econoline
with some pics. I have more pics if anyone is interested. Thanks for the merge.