Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum152/)
-   -   Alaska Chapter "June Chat Room Meeting" (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/382342-alaska-chapter-june-chat-room-meeting.html)

mlb4966 06-10-2005 12:26 AM

Alaska Chapter "June Chat Room Meeting"

Hi everyone, as all memebers know by now there have been some changes in the Alaska Chapter. I would like to have a couple of Chat Room Meetings to discuss the positions available and a summer time get together, schedule permited.

At 7:00 pm on the 18th, 20th and 22nd I will be monitoring the Chat room in hopes of current members and non members with chime in. You can get there by either clicking the link below or by placing you mouse over the "Forums" drop down and select chat.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/chat/index.php

I will also be sending out an email with the same information tomorrow night.

If anyone has any comments, suggestion or questions please email me or drop a line via PM. :-X02

Thanks Everyone. :-wink

PS I know summer is here and it "Busy Time" for most so I understand if people dont participate as much as in the winter. I, like most, have a lot more "Computer Time" :-tap in the winter so for those that are busy this summer just drop in and say hi here and there and we will see you this fall. Of course after all of the hunting season's are over with.

jrowland 06-10-2005 01:45 AM

I'm pretty new around here, so I hope I don't sound like too much of a tool when I ask what the "changes around here" are. I hope to be at at least 1 of the chats.

Hawkins 06-13-2005 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by jrowland
I'm pretty new around here, so I hope I don't sound like too much of a tool when I ask what the "changes around here" are. I hope to be at at least 1 of the chats.

We need a new leader as the current/former had to resign due to real world issues. The assistant is currently acting as leader but I don't think Mikes wants it full time. (Speak up Mike if I'm wrong)

A change I think we should make if possible is having a minimum of three leaders maybe four. Divide the state into three section. (No order here just posting and the can be called what ever)

1) South East (To include Prince William sound area)
2) South
3) Northern

Have a leader for each section to setup events for that section run meetings ect...

The Chapter leader can be elected from one of these three or have a four person that is the chapter leader who would run chapter meeting and interface with the other three sections. I think this would spread the duties around and lift some of the load off the chapter leader.

Just an idea

mlb4966 06-14-2005 12:29 AM

:-X22
Well you are right about being busy. I am working anywere from 80-100 hours per week. Plus I have another kid due in July. I dont mind being in the loop, and I dont mind being the Chapter Leader as long as everyone understands that I would not be able to give alot of time during this summer. If there is someone with free time and is willing to "grab the reins", well that is one thing I would like to discuss during the chat room meetings. Come Oct I am back to a lot of free time. The nature of the beast, ie extra summer work.

As for the idea. I have a similar idea. Have an "Alaska Leader, Assistant Leader and Sec" Then have regional "Leader, Point of Contacts" what ever we want to call them. They could be responsible for their location, setting up meetings, get togethers ect. Not sure how many locations to have. Maybe Anchorage-Matsu-Kenia Pen then Fairbanks and last us Coastal communities to include Valdez, Cordova and Southeast Alaska. The last one would probley have to be subdivided even more due to the lack of road access. I think we are kinda on the same sheet of music. (Kinda of the ICS System if you know what I mean).

Now with the first statement given. I dont mind staying right were I am (Assistant Leader). I thing the Chapter as a whole would benefit from some one that has more free time to be the Chapter Leader. Heck I think my time is due here come Feb 06 so another 7 months. I also think each region would benefit from having a local person as the regional "whatever we decide to call it".

I also like the previous work that Heavnbound did pertaining to the By Law, AK Charter ect and I would like to see us keep those. These along with the above statements and some old business are some of the things I would like to discuss. I know it might be short notice but that is why I listed 3 seperate dates.

I appreciate the comments and ideas.

Thanks, 8D
Mike

mlb4966 06-15-2005 07:24 PM

jrowland. I just sent you a PM. Could I get you to reply so I can send you some information.

Thanks

AKBronco96 06-17-2005 11:18 AM

I can't make it on the 18th, I will be in Soldotna again. I seem to be on the road all the time. I can make it for the 20th and 22nd.

Kim

AKBronco96 06-17-2005 04:19 PM

No problem. I will send you an email.
k

mlb4966 06-17-2005 09:27 PM

Thank you Kim

mlb4966 06-17-2005 10:04 PM

Ok I didnt elect my self as Alaska Chapter Leader. Mil1on (FTE administrator) did that to me until we decide what we are going to do at our chat room meetings.

Mil1ion 06-17-2005 10:11 PM

Yep, you beat m to it.

I have appointed Mike as you interim leader until you decide if he should stay in that position.
We needed somone to approve new member requests.

I heard that he is a good guy & has the respect of chapter members :)

I suppose It's hearsay until it's been proven *Grin*

resqdawg3 06-23-2005 07:31 AM

Sorry about not making the meeting last night. I fell asleep on the couch with the laptop sitting next to me. *D'OH!*

Twin Tritons 06-23-2005 10:04 PM

Sorry, I didn't get to attend any either. I had been planning on logging onto at least one meeting. Here in the Land of the Midnight Sun, I haven't been getting into the house until after 9PM. Except tonight of course, the night after the last meeting.

Any good discussions during the Chat room meetings?

resqdawg3 06-24-2005 07:56 AM

Pretty much just me and MLB chatting the previous two meetings. :D

mlb4966 06-24-2005 11:49 PM

WilliesSD250 showed up the 3rd night but that was it. I will send out an email but he volunteered to be the MatSu Regional Contact. I will sit down and make up a list of Responsibilites here in the near future. I think we will have to rethink our chat room meetings during the summer. I know how it is. Get done what you can for the 4 or 5 months of no snow then back to "Cabin Fever" time. I have a few ideas that I will post in another thread and general email.

TT. Nothing really new. I just cover the agenda with Dawg and SD250 to catch them up on what has been going on.

If no one has any objections I am willing to assume the role of Chapter Leader until my time is up come Feb. We can then reassess positions come that time.

PS That leaves positions. As mentioned I will post a new thread. Sorry for rambling.

Have a good evening.

resqdawg3 06-25-2005 03:09 AM

I've got no problem with you being the leader.