Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   July Meeting Locations (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/377616-july-meeting-locations.html)

Fastronald 05-23-2005 07:46 PM

July Meeting Locations

With so many new members north and west of Chicago, is there any interest in meeting in Addison, Elmhurst or Des Plaines?

Any suggestions for local sites, forest preserves or restrauants in those areas?

Isn't there a forest preserve or city park off route 83 and Lake in Wood Ridge?

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader

Jigsaw 05-30-2005 09:38 AM

There is a Cruise night every Saturday night at Woodfire Drive In at 53 and 19 (Irving Park Rd) in Itasca.(near I-355 and Lake St - Rt20) Live band, etc. A few more trucks would look great there! If you want to meet during the day, there are several forest preserves in the area. I can scout one out if you'd like!

Fastronald 06-01-2005 08:40 PM

July

Forest Preserve locations would be a great help.

I'm not all that familiar with that area now days.

Fastronald

Jigsaw 06-05-2005 11:59 AM

How about the Forest Preserve on Rt 72 (Higgens Rd) just east of 53? Big area with lots of groves. How many people do you expect? I doubt that we need a permit!

Fastronald 06-05-2005 01:55 PM

July

Sounds good to me..................anyone have any thoughts or more suggestions for our July meeting?

I'll try to locate it on the map and see, it could be a good first choice.

Fastronald 06-14-2005 09:39 AM

Northsiders

Ok.........lets hear from you with some other areas to meet in July. We have one location Jigsaw has suggested. Any other locations?

Fastronald

BobbyDiesel71 06-15-2005 10:10 PM

Any place in the area sounds great for me!!!

can't wait!!!

Fastronald 06-26-2005 01:02 PM

Any thoughts or locations someone knows of in say Norridge?

Anything along Cumberland, Foster Or Irving Park Road?

If no one has any further sugestions I'll select a location and date and post it.

BobbyDiesel71 06-26-2005 11:14 PM

Norridge

I am open to any place we can get together and meet up and talk about our Ford trucks!!!
I do not know Norridge, that well, but am looking forward to the meeting next month!!!

Larry Hale 06-27-2005 12:16 AM

Membership

I am very interested in Joining FTE. Please let me know where to start. Thanks.

Fastronald 06-27-2005 07:55 PM

Illinois Chapter

Welcome Larry...just click on "join chapter" when you log in to the Illinois Chapter threads. Fill out the information and I'll approve your membership.

Thanks for your interest - Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader

Jigsaw 06-27-2005 08:58 PM

July Meeting

There are a lot of forest preserves in that area. We could meet in a grove off of Irving Park Road South of Cumberland (AKA "Pueblo" - AKA "First Ave") North of River Road. All the groves used to be connected but now are separated by guard rails across the roads to prevent cruising throughout the area. Weekend of 7/9 a big car/truck show in Iola, WI - anyone (besides me) going?

Originally Posted by Fastronald
Any thoughts or locations someone knows of in say Norridge?

Anything along Cumberland, Foster Or Irving Park Road?

If no one has any further sugestions I'll select a location and date and post it.

JohnT 06-28-2005 06:42 PM

I would definetly prefer meeting at a forest preserve instead of a restaurant for July. But, just in case the weather is bad on the day that is chosen for the meeting, we should probably have a restaurant meeting place as a back-up. Also, in addition to our regular monthly meeting, I was wondering if anyone would be interseted in meeting up at one of the Friday night cruise nites at Stake 'N Shake in Tinley Park?

Fastronald 06-29-2005 04:31 PM

Meeting

The forest Preserve is a great spot. Hey Jigsaw.can you suggest which grove might meet our needs best? The groves are on the NORTH side of the street aren't they?

Fastronald

fairmontman 06-30-2005 10:02 PM

I also think we should meet at a forest preserve in July,meeting at the begining or middle of the month would be good for me I will be pretty busy the last couple of weeks of the month.A meeting on Friday night at steak and shake sounds good also.