Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nova Scotia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum121/)
-   -   Putting up a pool (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/370951-putting-up-a-pool.html)

bossind 04-30-2005 01:38 PM

Putting up a pool

Got a new pool and looking for some strong backs and week minds :-X14 to help. Anyone have any pool experance? I know how to put it up but its too big to do by myself. Could be a steak beer setting up a pool meeting??

MatthewC 04-30-2005 02:16 PM

Hmmmm....would you care if I told you that I used to build pools????

-Matt

bossind 04-30-2005 03:47 PM

Oh Yeah!! And you drive a bronco! To good to be true. :) So you think you could lend a fellow bronco guy a hand?

MatthewC 04-30-2005 04:12 PM

Always. I've got sundays and Mondays off.

bossind 04-30-2005 04:51 PM

Great, well heres the story: Had a 21 foot pool that needed a new liner, so a deal came along for a 24 foot pool (new) so I jumped on it and bought it last year, sold my 21 foot pool to a buddy with a new liner. I took the old pool down last fall and expanded the pad for the 24 Foot pool (crush Rock) and let it sit all winter. I bought new coving for it last week and will be picking up foam for the bottom this week. I'm taking Friday off and will rent a tamper and will level up the pad again and this time I will insert concrete pads for the up rights (all 16). So depending on how that all goes I will be putting up the pool either Saturday or Sunday. Have to make sure I have a full day because once you start one of these you can't stop till its done.

I have a little brook in the back yard so I'm going to pump the water from that, its what I did last time. Was black like coffee but some chemicals cleared that right up.

So if your around next Sunday we will be here either just starting or making some finally touches. Either way there will be some cold ones here.

bossind 05-19-2005 06:55 AM

oK POOL IS UP, man that weekend turned out to be a windy one and it took some 32 straps to keep it from blowing away. Got water into it on wednesday so its not going anywheres now. Now to start planning a pool party!

MatthewC 05-22-2005 01:47 PM

Geez. Im sorry I ever made it out to your place to lend a hand. I lost my job a couple of weeks ago and thus internet access so I couldnt let you know I couldnt make it out. So where or from whom did you get the pool from?

-Matt

bossind 05-26-2005 11:38 AM

Sorry to hear that Mat! Have anything in the works for a new job? Pool is from Mr. Pool

MatthewC 06-22-2005 05:57 PM

Im back. Just got a new computer because my last one caught fire. Anyways, I got a job with Shur-Gain. I am the Territory Manager for western NB. They gave me a company mini-van, so I only get to drive the Bronco on the week-ends. Expenses are paid, gas is paid, and im on salary. My office is in the store on the exhibition grounds. Pretty sweet job, and im lucky to have it! Anyways, im really glad to finally be back here.

-Matt

bossind 06-22-2005 06:54 PM

Good for you Matt! We sure missed you around here.

fordthug 06-22-2005 09:52 PM

A pool???! Isn't it cold like winter in canada all the time??

bossind 06-23-2005 06:09 AM

Your joking right?

The interesting thing about weather and climate is it doesn’t pay much attention to land boarders and state lines so we have the same weather as Maine USA – Hot summers and cold winters.

fordthug 06-23-2005 12:57 PM

I wasnt joking I thought canada was cold all the time like snow guess i thought wrong when my friends vacation to canada in the summer they always said it was cold,... my bad

MatthewC 06-23-2005 05:59 PM

Thats how they knew where to put the border. American scouts were mapping the country, then WHAM!! they hit a cold spot like a sub-zero wall. They figured that was far enough so they drew the line there and moved back down south. True story.

:)

-Matt

bossind 06-23-2005 06:38 PM

Yeah like in that movie The Day After Tomorrow, all that really happen was Canada got a lot bigger!